icebreakr

Tonal Island for Arma 3

Yes. There will eventually be a release, but there are so many things happening right now (BIS idea of server monetization, not shutting down mods that steal people's hard work and making a huge profit out of it by again doing something illegal with EULA, people harrasing authors to send them source files to make their own life versions of islands that get constantly updated anyhow, BIS releasing new terrain with new island objects that might come handy for an island so somebody making objects for the island might be doing that for nothing - like 300+ hours invested into something that BIS already has for DLC, etc.). Not to mention other island projects in works parallel to it.

Hope you understand it is not all that simple and certain things have to wait for a little bit longer than expected :/

• Like 1

I know mate, just wondering since there wans't any news on this for quite a while. Good to see that you're back in action mate :D.

Good luck mate.

Regards,

Deny.

@domokun - I hope it really is. Unfortunately that map looks a lot like Kinsella airfield on Isla Duala. I hope I'm wrong.

It's Duala, you can clearly see it on the video (1m16, the big sign on the road).

If you read two posts down it does say it's Duala ;)

It does, because I asked the question.

Initially, it didn't, hence my question there and here.

Elementary  ;)

9 crazy years passed since the promise to remake this classic from OFP. I think its way overdue, don't you agree? 😉

tonal_retro.jpg

• Like 17

NO FRIGGIN WAY!!!!!! 😄 It's like Arma's "Duke Nukem forever" only, without the disappointment at the end 😄

Good luck with this classic!

Tonal had some of the most immersive and memorable moments in my illustrious OFP career - remember it as if it really happened

• Like 4

In my defense I've made Isla Duala that served as a "replacement" for many years 😉 also village of Lorengau was remade as a hommage to Tonal and is featured on Duala as village "Larenga" 😉

But yeah, many setbacks, while working on other projects instead... now it is time to wrap this baby up 😉

Special thanks to Dedmen who told me yesterday what object was crashing the map. All fixed. Release? Yes, when its done. Testing maybe soon with 1-3 teams.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

22 of buildings are seriously outdated and they need an update to make old towns look the same. So we are doing that. Rest of stuff is getting replaced and updated with new vegetation. 

I've been out a week due to sickness (tooth complication related) so couldnt do much until today. 

Edited by icebreakr
  • Like 8
  • Sad 1