icebreakr

Tonal Island for Arma 3

Never having played OFP, I watched some videos. It's North African desert terrain? That would be great

Hi, do you gonna do a BTR-T like this one from Sebastian Muller (aka Psycho Cowboy) or just the island?:

3.jpg

Those BTR-Ts fitted pretty well with the TSFs and the whole Tonal concept. Let's C ya

Another old fan, very much looking forward to this, wish you the best of luck Ice.

wipman: it will be a full blown TC (weapons, units, music, island, etc.).

This is an awesome news :)

I wish you the best for your projects.

With such a large project at hand, will you be going this alone or do you have a small group working on it?

Great!.

hi all 1 wanted to know this is a mod? or a map based on an island?

would be great to get to public servants not?

is to arma3 or arma2?

BTR-T had a railgun version. That's gonna cause quite a stir this time around if something like that would be in.

One advantage that should (hopefully) reduce workload is the fact that clothes are detached from all the tingletangle (Vests, Headgear, backpacks) so that making the attachments at least is less of an effort. For rebels, you really only need some slightly militarized civilian clothing, for example.

As far as the Island goes, I´m really looking forward to this. Was the original Tonal based off a real Island so that a high detail satellite map can be used? Hand painting terrain is difficult to get to look right, especially with the high detail terrains that BI set the standard with now.

OMG eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

I'm so happy at hearing this news and look forward to seeing updates from Icebreaker.

When I first read the topic title. I knew he would have a part in it. His town on Duala (I forgot the name) is exact same layout from one of Tonals Towns (again I forgot the name)

Excellent News, I loved Tonal, spent so much time on it...great map, and everything that went with it, the sounds the missions......memories!

BTR-T had a railgun version. That's gonna cause quite a stir this time around if something like that would be in.

One advantage that should (hopefully) reduce workload is the fact that clothes are detached from all the tingletangle (Vests, Headgear, backpacks) so that making the attachments at least is less of an effort. For rebels, you really only need some slightly militarized civilian clothing, for example.

As far as the Island goes, I´m really looking forward to this. Was the original Tonal based off a real Island so that a high detail satellite map can be used? Hand painting terrain is difficult to get to look right, especially with the high detail terrains that BI set the standard with now.

- The BTR-T Rail Gun. I wasn't interested in that one back on the OFP times already, neither nowadays.

- Tonal Map. It wasn't a real location, just an island that covered all the african terrains, jungle, desert, savanah... and also had big towns aswell scattered villages.

Of course, map will be up to today's standards, don't worry ;)

I will also need help with a team to make the new African units. I just hope months won't pass when the proper terrain making tools arrive for A3.

Of course, map will be up to today's standards, don't worry ;)

I will also need help with a team to make the new African units. I just hope months won't pass when the proper terrain making tools arrive for A3.

My self and Ebud may be able to help with this.

Great to hear that, add me up on skype (icebreakr) please.

Great to hear that, add me up on skype (icebreakr) please.

Added. It's something we've both been shooting around. It would be neat to bring one of the best mods back to life.

My self and Ebud may be able to help with this.

It might make sense to contact Ardvarkdb too. Since he made this addon for A2.

IceBreakr, these are GREAT news. Really looking forward to it! All the best for you and the team for this hard piece of work!

eis0.jpg 1hgb.jpg

Undecieved: I'm looking forward to a coop version of any of your masterpieces, too ;)

It would be much faster done with tool like Xcam. New Terrain Builder isn't exactly faster than old V3 ;)

Understand that terrain will be HD compared to old one ;)

IceBreakr, maybe you should contact Silola, you could try and work something out :D