icebreakr

Tonal Island for Arma 3

Exciting news mate.

Best of luck with it all.

Great news, it was an awesome map in OFP.

Edited by Papanowel

As someone who missed the glory days of OFP online (damn dail-up!) and only got into it when Arma 1 dropped, It'll be great to live in the height of such a legendary island :)

Really looking forward to this! Good luck!

Abs

Will move Duala Conflict mission to Tonal as soon its ready. Can´t wait.

Maltti

Yes you have a written permission to bring Tonal to A3 if you promise that following sounds will come along:

"Agu-jagu!"

"Ogadi!"

"Amleykum!"

and the similar rest origin from OFP Tonal :)

This must happen.

Yay! Good news! I loved Tonal, although it was dreadfully slow on my machine back then!

hi,

Nice to see tonal ported to A3 , good luck!

oh yeah, i do remember playing some coop missions on LOL squad back in ofp times on Tonal, really awesome island!

Yea good old times.

cya.

Nikiller.

Hi, where do you gonna take the custom trees models?, you know... those fat ones that were on the SW swampy corner of Tonal, if im not mistaken. And the palm trees and all that, the ArmA palm threes could serve?; MikeBart had interesting foliage, rocks and trees for the ArmA2, it'd looked great IMO bayme it could serve for some parts of Tonal... , to get things like this:

Mikebart Island:

arma2_36.jpg

ArmA2_27.jpg

ArmA2_27b.jpg

ArmA2_26.jpg

ArmA2_26b.jpg

That yellowish foliage could fit into the sabanah part of Tonal, i think. Anyway, will be great to have Tonal back; was an amazing island, maybe the best of the OFP's history. Let's C ya

Icebreaker

Q.

Does this mean you are going to be making both duala & tonal for a3 as i did see an annocement post in addon mods discussion section

saying you where going to be making an updated version of duala,if I recall tonal helped inspire you to make duala.

So are you just making tonal now instead of duala?

Ahh after posting this I see someones asked the same question in the duala thread!

Great news Ice! Good luck with the project and merry xmas to you too. :)

An Old Favourite finally makes a long-awaited return!

And with Ice doing the job we're guaranteed Quality Work!

A double-win situation!.... Great news indeed!

B

This^ All kinds of great things happening in the world of Arma right now.

I don't even know how to feel right now. I can remember when this first came out. I spent 13 hours waiting for it to download on my 56k.

Looking forward to this!

so many good memories from Tonal... Looking forward to it!

If someone will convert Nagual's missions (scroll down a little bit) for Tonal it will be just perfect!

Great to see so many old members around. Sadly, some of them are long gone but not forgotten :/

BiGGiBs: Both projects are coming to A3. But first, some A2 patches are in order ;)

I'm so getting ARMA 3 now :) I can't wait to see this happen. If you need any help let me know ;)

Please don't shoot me but I never played on Tonal in OFP. Why is everybody going crazy over it? :couch:

Please don't shoot me but I never played on Tonal in OFP. Why is everybody going crazy over it? :couch:

Then go ahead and try it :rolleyes:

I don't even know how to feel right now. I can remember when this first came out. I spent 13 hours waiting for it to download on my 56k.

Looking forward to this!

My exact same experience. The phone bill was huge for that month and I incurred the wrath of my old man. But it was oh so worth it.

Can't wait to see how it will look like 10 years later with all the visual advances.

Looking forward to this!

You think it was bad downloading it... Pushing data up on 56k while we were working on it was even worse!

I hope this project sees it through to completion, it's going to. Be a LOT of work to bring the old girl up to A3 standards, I wish you the best of luck and look forward to the results!

I'm so getting ARMA 3 now :) I can't wait to see this happen. If you need any help let me know ;)

Good to see you still around, your Jungle Everon was one of the first addons i tried for OFP :).

Because it was made by the legendary mod team BAS (Ballistic Addon Studios), it was if one of the best if not the best community Islands made. For those of us who have played BIS games since the OFP demo like myself, it will be the icing on the cake for Arma3 :D

It's hard to look at it now and see how innovative it was at the time. Complete new factions, new islands, full history, missions on top of missions, music, voice files, etc. at the time it was a giant task, now it would almost be impossible.

My fav was the Redux TSF zombie killing mission. Damn that was fun.