Sign in to follow this  
Tonio50

Bitter Chill Mystery

When I start the mission Bitter Chill nothing happens. There's a few marines wandering around Manhattan. I get no mission brief or task.

I tried driving to the house for the documents.......the documents are there but I can't pick them up. I watched a YouTube video on the mission and it seems to start with a briefing from the commander but nothing happens when I start!!

I searched the forums but found no answer

Any ideas?

Cheers

Tony

It happen with me the first time I've played the mission. Other day I've launched ArmA 2 and Reverted the mission and it worked fine.

I'm having the same problem...no matter how many times I revert, it always starts and I don't get the task. I really don't want to have to revert Manhattan :(

Are any of you using mods? If so, disable them, revert the mission, and retry.

Are you running Combined Operations or just A2? If you are running CO, use current OA beta patch and report issues in beta thread:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?168767-ARMA-2-OA-beta-build-112555-%281-63-build-release-not-backward-compatible

Ok Omac

That did the trick. I started CO with no mods and Bitter Chill started properly. I was then able to restart the game with the mods and the mission continued as it should

Thanks for the help:-)

T

For those who encounter this issue in the future when playing "Harvest Red" campaign with OA, just be aware a script error caught by OA v1.63 is apparently the cause, the campaign was created for A2, and the mission still plays in A2.

Playing Harvest Red campaign in A2/CO v1.63.125548 and encountered the same with the Bitter Chill mission. No intro and no tasks. Couldn't find a way to continue the campaign other than switching to A2, where the tasks did assign and intro played out. But CO wouldn't pick up and continue the A2 saved mission, so the mission had to play out in A2 only.

I had the missions from the Arma Licensed Data Pack, so pulled the mission to editor and in A2/CO it did the same. No intro and no tasks. But I found this is apparently caused by a bad call made to Remote Execution in the mission's initJIPcompatible.sqf script.

In the ArmA2OA.rpt:

Error in expression <troller.fsm";[color="#FF0000"]_nic = [objNull, objNull, rSETOVERCAST, 1800, 0.75] call RE;[/color]_mi>
 Error position: <rSETOVERCAST, 1800, 0.75] call RE;_mi>
 Error [b]Undefined variable in expression: [color="#FF0000"]rsetovercast[/color][/b]
File C:\Users\[redacted]\Documents\ArmA 2\missions\BitterChill.Chernarus\initJIPcompatible.sqf, line 15

The "setOvercast" command is not found in the MPframework library.

When I commented out the rSETOVERCAST line in the initJIPcompatible.sqf and launched in editor, the intro played out and the tasks were assigned. The error apparently didn't affect A2 but does affect OA v1.63. (My observation, could be wrong, but it seems the _nic variable waits on a return that never comes back, which stops the server setup from continuing.)

Edited by OpusFmSPol

Yes i can confirm this problem is occurring with un-modded 1.63.125548

I hope BIS or someone else is able to resolve this.

I can confirm the problem as well. :(

This has been fixed by goliath86 in his CorePatch for OA:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?184371-WIP-CorePatch-config-patch-for-ArmA-2-OA

Ok, i just have whish to play again Harvest Red campaign. And as i tryed a lot of times before, I'm having the same problem... no matter how many times I revert... With modes or without. I downloaded CorePatch, nothing changes... And yes, i want to play it trough A2 CO! I tryed trough A2, i can play, but when i die and try to load save game, it says that i miss a lot of addons (i thing that thise are from OA)! every time... If someone has already found the problem in this?

Ok, i just have whish to play again Harvest Red campaign. And as i tryed a lot of times before, I'm having the same problem... no matter how many times I revert... With modes or without. I downloaded CorePatch, nothing changes... And yes, i want to play it trough A2 CO! I tryed trough A2, i can play, but when i die and try to load save game, it says that i miss a lot of addons (i thing that thise are from OA)! every time... If someone has already found the problem in this?

Assuming that nothing is wrong with your game installation and setup, then your only chance is to report any problems you have on Corepatch thread, or this thread, and cross your fingers.

I assume you are running A2CO with Steam.  I strongly recommend that.  Be sure to use beta branch for both A2 and A2OA.  That way you will be sure to get current versions of the game and corepatch.