Sign in to follow this  
mr pedersen

NEW Visitor for A3!?

Does not explain what is happening.

It is so difficult?

It is not a matter of difficulty, we just don't wish to discuss the internal details of development. From what has been already said, everyone can assume that new terrain tool is much closer than decades away - Shelestov, you don't need to fear. :)

@IceBreakr: You're welcome!

Edited by Edge

Im sorry from my words i dont know exactly translate in spanish is "me quedo igual con lo que estas diciendo" or "whatever" .I try not discuss what are the real problems but i think from BIS have a little more information about this . Since release the new tools i see only one or two post ( well three with your post yesterday) that inform what´s happening.If you said that you receive a lot of mails demanding visitor can you imagine when in a distant future BIS release the Visitor im sure that all the comunity wants new maps (I guess you know how long it takes a map no?¿?).It's a shame because I do not win anything with this for me is a hobby that has become a passion.My position is "Ants follow the Queen but lost some on the way".

It would be great if it had a brush feature to 'paint' on grass, trees, rocks and so forth. Anything to make the job of our talented map makers easier.

It is not a matter of difficulty, we just don't wish to discuss the internal details of development.

Rightly so! It's perfectly understandable that some internal discussions & development should remain.... internal! - that's the Nature of Business sometimes...

Thanks for dropping by with your updates Edge! We're all, of course, waiting patiently - dancing bananas readied...

Some more patiently than others, it seems :D - but, hey! - that's the Nature of Modding Communities! :D

Looking forward to your next update, once you have more news to share....

B

I used to make maps for other games way back when dinosaurs roamed the earth and you didn't have to have a BS in Graphics design. lol Now that I have a bit more knowledge under my belt. I'd love to try map making out on Arma 3. I think I skipped map making long enough. After all its been over 10 years now. lol

Thanks for the input Edge, and Bushlurker. It is much appreciated! ;)

Can we hope the upcoming edition would have a serious amount of *NEW* tools that make Map making less frustrating and time consuming?

+1111

Totally agree, the absence of information is affecting the modding community in a negative way.

I have stopped working on my map until proper tools arrive.....beside that some documentation would be very helpful as well :-)

Me too! I made a couple of maps for A2:CO a "long time ago" and basically halted progress knowing that A3 was just around the corner, presumably with new tools as well. I imagine there are many mappers out there that have sat idle for some time now due to this missing Visitor release...

Hello, terrain makers! It has been already mentioned here that we want to release the new tool as soon as possible, and I can assure you the Arma 3 team is working on overcoming the obstacles standing between you and the terrain tool. Neither whinning about BI's lack of effort nor sending me demanding PMs will speed up the process. :)

We appreciate every community-made addon, we realize the importance of good tools and we keep working on giving them to you, even if it is sometimes not as smooth as everybody would wish for. Please be patient, I hope you will soon have a new tool to complain about. ;)

Thanks Edge! Look forward to it with great anticipation. :)

Subscribed.

Me too! I made a couple of maps for A2:CO a "long time ago" and basically halted progress knowing that A3 was just around the corner, presumably with new tools as well. I imagine there are many mappers out there that have sat idle for some time now due to this missing Visitor release...

Subscribed.

I gave up waiting and moved to try other engines , its a shame really that what holds up visitor is another party who benefitted more from us than we did of them , moreover when did you ever see anyone from these forums thanked or credited in a commercial terrain made by people who gained there knowledge here ?

Why must we who stuggled to provide longevity to this series since ofp with our hundreds and thousands of hours seemingly beg for the tools needed to continue ?

There is and always has been a two × two tier system , commercial and moral make up one of those , the other is frowned upon mentioning.

Hello, terrain makers! It has been already mentioned here that we want to release the new tool as soon as possible, and I can assure you the Arma 3 team is working on overcoming the obstacles standing between you and the terrain tool. Neither whinning about BI's lack of effort nor sending me demanding PMs will speed up the process. :)

We appreciate every community-made addon, we realize the importance of good tools and we keep working on giving them to you, even if it is sometimes not as smooth as everybody would wish for. Please be patient, I hope you will soon have a new tool to complain about. ;)

Thank you! Love you for a good reply!

Now I can wait without any problem. Try to do my best with Visitor 3 for A3 until we get the tool.

Good luck!

:)

First off. Thank you Edge for the info! Waiting excitedly.

I gave up waiting and moved to try other engines , its a shame really that what holds up visitor is another party who benefitted more from us than we did of them , moreover when did you ever see anyone from these forums thanked or credited in a commercial terrain made by people who gained there knowledge here ?

Why must we who stuggled to provide longevity to this series since ofp with our hundreds and thousands of hours seemingly beg for the tools needed to continue ?

There is and always has been a two × two tier system , commercial and moral make up one of those , the other is frowned upon mentioning.

Second. Sealife. I am in no way trying to argue with you, just gain insight as to what you mean. How and who benefited at vbs from someone's terrain here?

As I understand it while the two engines are very similar the two companies are not. They are totally separate entities.

-edit. oh actually if my memory serves me correctly icebreakrs duala was mentioned in operation arrowhead and is in the game credit.

But as for acknowledgement from vbs I don't see why they would do that. Those are commercial terrains.

Edited by M1lkm8n

Your barking up the wrong tree

I dont wish to digress , i have left this engine now and moved on, dont wish to sully my time here so i will let it at that as i had good memories and like many always wished the commercial and Game were either seperated fully or shared fully.

Cheers

It is not a matter of difficulty, we just don't wish to discuss the internal details of development. From what has been already said, everyone can assume that new terrain tool is much closer than decades away - Shelestov, you don't need to fear. :)

@IceBreakr: You're welcome!

Thank you Edge, as soon as you give us our toy, we will make sure to repay you with our awesome terrains !

Edge, one question with the new Visitor 4 tool?

Can I test the enviorment/terrian ingame from the visitor tool with one click? Like I can do in cryeniging tool.

If I build somthing I might just want to run around in that area ingame to see that everthing works and look 110% as I want it to be.

Now, it is so god damn time consuming jumping between the tool and the game. Binariz, copy paste, add files etc... All that waste of time could be put into WORKHOURS insted of just alot of waiting and jumping with the programs.

I dont know how much " dead time" I waste on VIS3 and jumping from game to tool just to check out a small thing ingame if it all works as it should. Or look like I WANT it to be. I can tell you it IS HOURS and HOURS all put togehter!!

Using the buldozer does not always give you the information you really want.

Please I beg/hope!

Edited by Mr Pedersen

But as for acknowledgement from vbs I don't see why they would do that. Those are commercial terrains.

The VBS/BISim guys need to be reminded that this BI "game" series provides them part of their own pipeline. Skilled people, broader product knowledge, alternate R&D, independent content/tool providers/contractors who build depth to the VBS product ......

Gnat;2610921']The VBS/BISim guys need to be reminded that this BI "game" series provides them part of their own pipeline. Skilled people' date=' broader product knowledge, alternate R&D, independent content/tool providers/contractors who build depth to the VBS product ......[/quote']

I think what everyone is forgetting is that bisim and bis other than sharing a "similar engine" have nothing in common. They are two totally separate entities. Every muddles them together but they are not the same. Sure they may steal people from bis and the community to work at bisim but who wouldn't. It's a bigger, more well financed company.

Quick Question,

Will Visitor for arma 3 have built-in tutorials or step-by-step vids to go with it? :cool: (as well as some time saving functions)

I would not expect that. I haven't done any real modding except for some configs yet (and lots of missions in the editor, but that's not modding) and I don't feel like BIS will give any real beginner information. They might tell you how to implement physX etc., but there won't be tutorials (doesn't need to be inside visitor, maybe just on some official BIS youtube channel or so) on how to start making maps. That's what I think at least. However, I'm also really hoping for it, that would be great to get a lot more people into modding! I myself would really like to do some of that and I'm willing to invest time and I've done so with different things in the past (Android Programming, websites etc.), but I think some good tutorials by BIS would make the whole think a lot easier.

I think what everyone is forgetting is that bisim and bis other than sharing a "similar engine" have nothing in common. They are two totally separate entities. Every muddles them together but they are not the same. Sure they may steal people from bis and the community to work at bisim but who wouldn't. It's a bigger, more well financed company.

Yep we need to keep reminding these people who forget , there is no connection what so ever , I mean this alone should serve as a reminder ?

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?171582-Content-Developer-Needed-at-Bohemia-Interactive-Simulations&p=2599438#post2599438

Its not relevant to the point I was making , infact its an example of the correct way and moral way to do it , I was reffering to parasite individuals who mask there willingness to share knowledge they gained here and in timeless tutorials only to really be dredging for ideas and knowledge for there real goal , which is to earn money in the commercial engine and never give credit and beyond that come here and say woah !!! There not the same you dont need new tools you dont want to know how hard it is in commercial engine .....

There the kinda folk that despite appearing to be giving are actually only recycling info without credit and actually only taking , for me they are singlehandedly responsible for the lack of motivation for long time modders wanting to progress to this new iteration .

But thats my opinion and also my very last post here as a victim myself of such an idiot .

Good luck to all

Yep we need to keep reminding these people who forget , there is no connection what so ever , I mean this alone should serve as a reminder ?

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?171582-Content-Developer-Needed-at-Bohemia-Interactive-Simulations&p=2599438#post2599438

Its not relevant to the point I was making , infact its an example of the correct way and moral way to do it , I was reffering to parasite individuals who mask there willingness to share knowledge they gained here and in timeless tutorials only to really be dredging for ideas and knowledge for there real goal , which is to earn money in the commercial engine and never give credit and beyond that come here and say woah !!! There not the same you dont need new tools you dont want to know how hard it is in commercial engine .....

There the kinda folk that despite appearing to be giving are actually only recycling info without credit and actually only taking , for me they are singlehandedly responsible for the lack of motivation for long time modders wanting to progress to this new iteration .

But thats my opinion and also my very last post here as a victim myself of such an idiot .

Good luck to all

Ha I do remember seeing that post. And it's post like that that confuse the issue further.

Regardless good luck to you.

Sealife made an excellent and worthwhile point. I feel similarly about the responsibility of people who monetize their knowledge freely gained from other enthusiasts and then never look back from that point.

There's nothing wrong with learning stuff here for community contribution(s), then gain enough knowledge to LATER go professional.

It's a whole different thing to solve problems via requests here under the pretence of "I'm community" when in reality your project is commercial or the BI MANW competition.

(Tutorials can't really be separated too well.)

In fact, I'd like to see a clear standard statement from every requester on intent;

"This request for assistance relates to neither commercial content nor competition entries"

Or if it is commercial the other people here can decide whether to use their valued time to help or not.