Sign in to follow this  
mr pedersen

NEW Visitor for A3!?

Open question to anyone that has INFO on when we getting the new Visitor leveldesign tool for Arma 3?

Why I ask, Im sick & tired of waiting, specially when they dont give us a release date? Is it going to be out in one week or 28 Okt 2014?

And they release A3 toolset but not the leveleditor, come on....!!

Worst of all, I dont care if they release the new visitor for A3 in 2020!! All I want is information WHEN!? Please!!

How the hell are we going to mod for there " Make Arma not war" when they dont give us the tools needed for it!!

FPDR

And yes Im using all other ways that is not from BIS to TRY to make somthing good for A3. But I think I had enough soon!!

BIS vs community =

+1111

Totally agree, the absence of information is affecting the modding community in a negative way.

They want to publish new Visitor ASAP as well, but it was mentioned in some SPOTREP that there's some legal (licensing) issue that has to be solved before they can publish it.

Yep, silence is just pisses me off. I can almost feel physical pain from this situation.

They want to publish new Visitor ASAP as well, but it was mentioned in some SPOTREP that there's some legal (licensing) issue that has to be solved before they can publish it.

Well question is it going to be solved this week or in year 2020? Maybe they dont know WHEN on the date. But they can say if it is: week, months. YEARS!!

BIS come on!! Wake up! Community want answers so we can PLAN our work. Or look for other games to mod?

Or... we get the tool, I give you all Epic A3-mod!! ;)

Edited by Mr Pedersen

Mr. Pedersen, expect it will take years and move on :) Some day it'll appear and we can all enjoy it. Until back to V3 :)

Mr. Pedersen, expect it will take years and move on :) Some day it'll appear and we can all enjoy it. Until back to V3 :)

Well that is what I mean, and I belive many as me. We sick and tierd of get that hand in our face just asking a simple easy question that is not that hard to answer.

Again, this says it all:

I have stopped working on my map until proper tools arrive.....beside that some documentation would be very helpful as well :-)

Ok Im just going to speak for my self. I dont like how they keep us out in the dark. I want to be able to plan my work and at least try to work proffesional, and with that come a schedule or any kind of workflow structure. Make a plan!!

But how? when they keep us out in the dark shadows where no information is avalible about the tools needed for moding!(Visitor)

I know a date can be hard to say. But come on, no information at all about Visitor I think is bad. Specially when they make a Trailer for community to " Make Arma not War ".

Here make a awsome mod and win money... but we not going to tell you when we give you the tools to do it with. You all have to use other tools then our tools. GLHF!

*Facepalm*

Nice to see Fuerte :) Went for holidays there 2 yrs ago :)

It would be nice if BIS could at the very least give us a hint as to what's going on.

It would be nice if BIS could at the very least give us a hint as to what's going on.

All about this theme its speculation :( maybe BIS not interested in release new maps ( new pack maps from BIS its coming ????)

MODE SPECULATION ON

BIS have REAL PROBLEMS with some licenses from visitor ( not undestand its the same company ¿?¡¿?)

MODE SPECULATION OFF

The visitor4 have some parts of the program that its imposible to adapt in a lite version of visitor to Arma3 .

MODE SPECULATION ON

I heard the word "patience" since the last year :(

Edited by GreenBeret40

+100

I would like to work on my terrain....

I'm still sitting on 40 km^2 worth of 2 cm resolution laser scanned terrain data waiting for the new visitor to be released...

I have road shapes, I have the heightmap, I have satmap for specifying terrain types. Aaaaand I too am still waiting for visitor to be released.

I'm still sitting on 40 km^2 worth of 2 cm resolution laser scanned terrain data waiting for the new visitor to be released...

I have road shapes, I have the heightmap, I have satmap for specifying terrain types. Aaaaand I too am still waiting for visitor to be released.

Stripping middleware out of a tool is unfortunately no easy task. :(

Stripping middleware out of a tool is unfortunately no easy task. :(

Middleware makers that require stripping tools out from Visitor are dumb imo. They are just making it harder for individuals make maps, they wouldn't get any money from said individuals anyway. Instead they should think it as an investment because individuals are learning to use their tools, which could turn them into potential customers on the long run and so on.

Hello, terrain makers! It has been already mentioned here that we want to release the new tool as soon as possible, and I can assure you the Arma 3 team is working on overcoming the obstacles standing between you and the terrain tool. Neither whinning about BI's lack of effort nor sending me demanding PMs will speed up the process. :)

We appreciate every community-made addon, we realize the importance of good tools and we keep working on giving them to you, even if it is sometimes not as smooth as everybody would wish for. Please be patient, I hope you will soon have a new tool to complain about. ;)