Sign in to follow this  
soldier2390

ArmA3 BI Tools: No entry 'Config.bin.cfgBuldozer'

Hello Community,

I have followed all the new Arma3 Tools Tutorials, and yet still running into many errors!

Here is what I did, after many errors I Uninstalled the Tools. Used CCleaner to try to remove all the stuff the Tool's Uninstall process doesn't remove, including those registry things that give me errors still. Then, I Installed the Tools again and followed what it says in every Tutorial.. to open the Addon Builder and Oxygen2 from steam first, and to set it up using the Options Tab's in Addon Builder/O2 as stated in the Tutorials! After that I Installed only the BI Drive(P:\) from the latest ArmA2 Tools. Then did what all the Tutorials say and replaced the Bin/Core folders and to be safe I took all the files minus the Addons folder and stuff in other folders from the A3 root directory and copied it into P:\drive.

Here is the Errors I get:

- No entry 'Config.bin.CfgBuldozer'.

- Also it creates a new folder in my Documents folder when I try to load Buldozer called "Arma 3-Other Profiles". I believe it creates a folder inside called saved/steam/meta(which is all empty).

Dave,

Hey Dave, did you have the old Arma2Tools installed by any chance? I had the same issue as you and I could only fix it by

1. Uninstalling the NEW tools.

2. Installing the old ARMA2Tools

3. Deinstalling the old ARMA2Tools

4. Running CCleaner

5. Installing the New tools

This is the way I did it and buldozer works now.

Nvm doesn't work anymore for some reason.

Edited by Raspu86

yep, I get the same error. I have tried the different ways that folks have recommended on this forum too.

I still get cannot load texture a3\data_f\halfa.paa error as well, even though I depbo'd it into the location specified.

Nothing has worked for me so far and I even did as raspu86 first suggested to do with no results . And yeah, I as well still have that "Halfa.paa" error.

Dave,

Hi guys,

I did the same as Soldier2390 and got the same error

Arma 2 No entry 'config.bin.cfgBuldozer'

I've being trying for days without fixing the problem....

Frank

Hmmm you guys make sure your config.bin file inside Bin folder on P drive is intact and untouched? If you open it could damage it

That's very interesting. I will check it and replace it. In any case it seems there are no consequences. I can binarize and get a good pbo. Thanks for your suggestion.

Frank

Its a half mil sim/ half sandbox tactical FPS. So like the guy above me says itll take time to get used to. As an ARMA 2 and OA veteran 3 has improved in some areas. Now we have DX11 support, the same powerful editor.

As for the M16A2, you're set in 2030 in ARMA 3 thus the weapon is long outdated and will have been replaced according to the weapon plot in the game shown thus far. Also i would not expect such a weapon to be added just because you're familar with it though there are mods around to add such weapons but BI sees them as outdated most likely (the original M16 was made in 1962)

Thanks

Sport Motion Graphics

Getting the same issue here. No clue what to do.

----

Edit: Alright, fixed so I don't get the halfa.paa error and ground textures now work. What I did was, instead of using p:\arma3.exe as buldozer executable, I set it to use steamapps\common\arma 3\arma3.exe instead.

Also, copying the a3 folder over to the steamapps\common\arma 3 folder while still using p:\arma3.exe made the error go away, but the ground textures still didn't show up.

I'm still getting the "no entry config.bin.cfgbuldozer" error whenever I connect to buldozer, but I don't know if that affects anything significant.

Edited by Acriax

I'm still getting the "no entry config.bin.cfgbuldozer" error whenever I connect to buldozer, but I don't know if that affects anything significant.

Same error for me to.

I got rid of the cannot load texture a3\data_f\halfa.paa error by copying the ArmA3 directory "Dta" as is straight into my (new A3) P drive (not dePBO'ed). Can now see textures.

Disappointing these tools STILL rely on SOOOO much manual crap to get working.

Just tried all the things suggested and no gain except the "a3\data_f\halfa.paa" error fixed. Also I noticed when trying to open Oxygen2 from steam, through the "Launch oxygen 2" option and trying to load one of the BI Arma 3 sample models(or any model for that matter) I get this error: "External Viewer: Attach failed. No viewer found." as well as still get a "Arma 3-Other Profiles" folder created in my documents folder where my normal Arma 3 profile folder is.

@Gnat, I feel you on that bud I wish someone who has got all this done without errors could create a short and simple video tutorial from the beginning to end. Shame your not that one, as your Tutorial's for using O2 back in Arma 2 was great and easy to understand and still watch them regularly these days.

Dave,

Just tried all the things suggested and no gain except the "a3\data_f\halfa.paa" error fixed. Also I noticed when trying to open Oxygen2 from steam, through the "Launch oxygen 2" option and trying to load one of the BI Arma 3 sample models(or any model for that matter) I get this error: "External Viewer: Attach failed. No viewer found." as well as still get a "Arma 3-Other Profiles" folder created in my documents folder where my normal Arma 3 profile folder is.

@Gnat, I feel you on that bud I wish someone who has got all this done without errors could create a short and simple video tutorial from the beginning to end. Shame your not that one, as your Tutorial's for using O2 back in Arma 2 was great and easy to understand and still watch them regularly these days.

Dave,

The thing is they were working, and then someone changed something in the code, could not have tested it and it got pushed out as a steam update (from what I can understand).

As yep, I am kinda of pretty cheesed off about this too.

The thing is they were working, and then someone changed something in the code, could not have tested it and it got pushed out as a steam update (from what I can understand).

You're right about this. I just checked, because I had an older verion of A3 on another PC. I do not get this error with the older version being used as buldozer, but I do get it with the newest dev executable. I should say that this is the reason that I said people should copy their Arma3 executable to their P: so that they don't get the updates.

I guess I could package up the exe and the pbos and distribute it, but I would need BIS' permission to do so. Would anyone want me to ask, or can you guys live with this error?

Abs

Edited by Abs

@Abs Yes, because I still need help with the "No entry 'config.bin.cfgbuldozer'." when using visitor3!

p.s. I checked and have no buldozer.cfg file no where! So I created one in my standard "Documents" folder where my profile/arma3.cfg file is and it still don't work. Is there a way to tell bulldozer to load my bulldozer.cfg file? Like a command line in the V3 options menu where you tell it to load the "Path to realtime viewer working dir"? Also I have been confused by what and where I tell V3 to load, in the "Real time viewer settings"! For example do I use my P: drive's "bulldozer.exe" (or copy "arma3.exe" and use that instead of "bulldozer.exe" in the P: drive?), or do I use my Arma3's root directory's "arma3.exe"?

Edit: I watched/read so many tutorials... and only became more confused. Can someone post a picture of what their Vistior3's "System Preferences" menu and their P: drive folder looks like? Because when I work on my Afghan Map and finish Importing my layers.cfg/sat/mask_Ico.png and then try to connect to bulldozer to create the "Layers" folder I get this error still "No entry 'Config.bin.Cfgbuldozer'.", and it don't create the Layers folder and just loads the map without any textures.

Dave,

Edited by soldier2390

After having a discussion in Skype, I have been convinced by some users of the community that releasing the old PBOs and EXE to fix this issue is not the way to go. Sorry folks, looks like you'll have to wait for BIS to fix this problem for you.

Abs

After having a discussion in Skype, I have been convinced by some users of the community that releasing the old PBOs and EXE to fix this issue is not the way to go. Sorry folks, looks like you'll have to wait for BIS to fix this problem for you.

Abs

Same here, i tried several options and compared with a2 tool setup. I come to the conclusion its something in the exe as it says Arma2 No entry 'config.bin.cfgbuldozer'. Apart from that it works for the momment.

Big thx to mikero for Arma3Pv1.7, you get a complete clean p setup with buldozer included.

Edited by Atsche

i'll drop my 2 cents here:

1. For 2014, a steam app should be dickaboutwithit free. It should work without aditional files or virtual drives

2. O2 should work independently of whether you have or not A3 installed. There should be a buldozer.exe provided, or with a written down solution. I for one would love to have my addons on gdrive and have bi tools installed on multiple PCs, so i can work no matter if i am on my macbook(win partition), my workstation at my office or at home...

After using Mikero's latest tools, following the posted tutorials AND unchecking "Disable model.cfg" in the Viewer dropdown...it solved a majority of my problems including half.paa, no external viewer etc.

The only one that remains is the config.bin.cfgbuldozer....and I'm perfectly fine with this, as I can actually view the models now.

1. For 2014, a steam app should be dickaboutwithit free. It should work without aditional files or virtual drives.

Yes!

They have a half million friggin addon competition going, so why the fuck don't we have trouble free tools by now ........

Edit: I watched/read so many tutorials... and only became more confused. Can someone post a picture of what their Vistior3's "System Preferences" menu and their P: drive folder looks like? Because when I work on my Afghan Map and finish Importing my layers.cfg/sat/mask_Ico.png and then try to connect to bulldozer to create the "Layers" folder I get this error still "No entry 'Config.bin.Cfgbuldozer'.", and it don't create the Layers folder and just loads the map without any textures.

Dave,

That's because arma3.exe running as buldozer will not run pal2pace or the new image2paa and convert your pngs to paa files. You must run it yourself on your layers folder and convert those images to paa prior to launching buldozer.

Also (and this is what I've had to do since alpha) is copy my whole project folder to my root arma3 install folder as well before launching buldozer. In addition to that I need it seemed a unpacked copy of a3 pbo in there as well. If u need that too make sure you create a new folder to move your a3 unpacked pbo into before launching a3 game because it will crash it.

That's because arma3.exe running as buldozer will not run pal2pace or the new image2paa and convert your pngs to paa files. You must run it yourself on your layers folder and convert those images to paa prior to launching buldozer.

Also (and this is what I've had to do since alpha) is copy my whole project folder to my root arma3 install folder as well before launching buldozer. In addition to that I need it seemed a unpacked copy of a3 pbo in there as well. If u need that too make sure you create a new folder to move your a3 unpacked pbo into before launching a3 game because it will crash it.

I am a bit confused, what do I run myself on the layers folder? The new image2paa tool?

Plus unless I am missing something about terrain making, I don't have no "Layers" folder at least not until I import sat/mask then I need to then run buldozer because that's how visitor3/buldozer creates the layers folder with all the segments of the sat/mask images.

And ok so I use the A3 root directory as the P: Drive it's self? And then create a new folder in root as well and name it what ever you want? Then in side that unpack a a3.pbo and that's all?

Dave,

No your wrong about the layers folder. That it created when you click import sat/mask. The sat and mask is then cut into segments depending on your terrain size and properties you specify. They are cut into png files. You need to run either pal2pace or image2paa on the layers folder.

I have a bat file that runs multiple threads to speed up the process but if your run either of those programs on your layers folder it will then convert those pngs to paa files.

As far as the second portion. Try running mikeros new arma3p again(you'll need the new depbo.dll as well) he updated some things that may fix that second part of what I was trying to describe above.

If the problem with your terrain appearing white happens again then I can decribe that part further.

No your wrong about the layers folder. That it created when you click import sat/mask. The sat and mask is then cut into segments depending on your terrain size and properties you specify. They are cut into png files. You need to run either pal2pace or image2paa on the layers folder.

I have a bat file that runs multiple threads to speed up the process but if your run either of those programs on your layers folder it will then convert those pngs to paa files.

As far as the second portion. Try running mikeros new arma3p again(you'll need the new depbo.dll as well) he updated some things that may fix that second part of what I was trying to describe above.

If the problem with your terrain appearing white happens again then I can decribe that part further.

Ok thank you, I think I might have screwed up in the stages before the import process because I thought I remembered no layers folder being created until I ran buldozer from V3. That or from being up all night messing with it I just forgot about that, as I have had some of my other smaller terrains I did for practice working and even a few working in arma 3 up until the new tools were released. But with these new tools now I can't get nothing working right.

None the less I will try again tonight and let you know. But one more question, I can not for the life of me figure out how to use pal2pace or image2paa except for dragging an image into it one at a time. How do I run it on a whole folder like you said?

P.s could someone upload the latest tools needed to run the newest arma3p tool, specifically the ones called deRap? Whenever I try to download that and other tools from mikero on dev heaven's I get a pop up saying a virus or something was found and no matter what I do or click on it won't finish the download. Also it will not let me log onto that site, when I tried the screen won't load so I have no way to ask for help about it on that website.

Dave,

Edited by soldier2390

If you drag your whole layers folder onto it that should work.

As far a mikeros tool goes it a false positive. Try disabling your antivirus for a second why you grab it from the site.

Thanks M1lkm8n, I have it loading in game and with textures but it crashes when I switch to another unit. But no need cluttering this thread about that.

Dave,