bangabob

Live feed control (LFC)

Sorry for reviving this old topic, but is there a way to have like an "OFFLINE" screen while in a trigger zone?

@bangabob How can I make this script run without an addAction please? Like have it running from the beggining and not have someone use the addAction. Maybe something I can place in the init line of the monitor or in the activation field of a trigger.

Has anyone tried this in recent times?  I believe I have followed all the steps correctly but do not see an Action item appear on Monitor1.  Is this just me or are others having issues with this?  Thanks.

@bangabob hasn't been active since last Oct 2017.

On 7/25/2018 at 7:00 PM, JohnKalo said:

@bangabob How can I make this script run without an addAction please? Like have it running from the beggining and not have someone use the addAction. Maybe something I can place in the init line of the monitor or in the activation field of a trigger.

You'll need to run some kind of loop instead so it updates. Actually, I think it has it's own loop as it automatically updates after action selection. In this case, just execVM or call/spawn it. However the action does it. I'll tell a closer look later/tomorrow - Remind me if I don't reply in next day or so.

24 minutes ago, warbirdguy1 said:

Has anyone tried this in recent times?  I believe I have followed all the steps correctly but do not see an Action item appear on Monitor1.  Is this just me or are others having issues with this?  Thanks.

Have you given the object the correct var name which in this case is Monitor1?

9 hours ago, warbirdguy1 said:

And maybe you forgot the server named item. I have used this script recently and it all works fine. Just in MP only one player can see the screen at a time. The addAction on the screen only works for the player activating it. The rest do not even see the blue screen anymore. Unless they press the addAction for them. Some sort of locality issue as it seems.

@HazJ Thanks for checking it out.

I've been looking into this again - and it still works, tho my screen gets really "jagged" and "scrambles", somewhat at least. 

Also, the thermal imagery starts off real nice - but then after like 2 seconds, almost completely "greys out", so you can only see the "hot characters", but nearly nothing of their surroundings. 

On 1/3/2019 at 3:10 AM, warbirdguy1 said:

Everything is working. See how it should look like - for one monitor and for one camera.

LFC.jpg

• Like 1

Super noob to this level of scripting, so when I saw just copy folder tho mission I figured that's all that was required.. I have done all the other steps as well, exactly as written, but I still keep getting error.. line 12 (feedInit).. So, I'm wondering if I need to make any changes to the script itself.. like change ALL the "monitorname" to Monitor1 as it is named in the monitor I plan to use in the game.. Is there a tutorial that shows the process of setting it up correctly.. As I said, I did exactly what was done in the instruction & nothing more.. no changes to inits or name of the assets.. Monitor1, UNITNAME, SERVER.. this was so I could test it first.. I would love to use as it is the only live helmet cam feed mod I can find beside cTab, but I want this to work at a command center.. I would appreciate any help..

Hello friend, your work is very good and I use it in my missions, but I have tried it on a dedicated server and the image freezes, why is this happening?