bangabob

Live feed control (LFC)

Are there any issues using the invi heli pad? Aircraft given the landat command like to land on them.

TrooperWally,

BIS_fnc_MP runs a script snippet you define, with whatever parameters you want to pass in. I don't know that it has limitations on which commands work and which don't. I think the idea is that it's just a platform for making sure code is run on all clients.

Here's an example. In your init.sqf you define this function:

SwitchActionMP = compileFinal "

(_this select 0) SwitchAction (_this select 1);

"; //parameters for SwitchActionMP are [unittoanimate, animationstring]

And you call it like this:

_Operator = unitwhatever;

[ [_Operator, ""], "SwitchActionMP" ] call BIS_fnc_MP; //parameters for SwitchActionMP are [unittoanimate, animationstring]

unless I misunderstood your request...

(watch out for your nested quotation marks in the function definition, of course - and it seems to disallow comments inside those function definitions)

-Stick

Great job! I dreamed of this, but for a different application : security camera live feed on in-game monitors with destructible camera objects for PvP infiltration missions... :D

I hope it goes further in that direction! But the possibilities for a commander already make this really awesome.

I echo this request. My application really would benefit from being able to use camera objects as sources instead of units with MP/JIP support. Thanks for your work (so far) and thanks in advance if you add support for camera objects!

Stick

**EDIT**

That said, using allowdamage, disableAI, hideobject and enablesimulation I'm cheating the system by using units as cameras. This is not ideal because they occupy space, but if it works I'm going with it for now. :)

Edited by Stick_Hogue

Anyway to get this to show the UAV Camera rather than just the actual UAV?

Great script! Thanks for making and releasing it :)

I am a total beginner at scripting and I am trying to put together a mission with this and EtV (Explosives to Vehicles). However, I have a problem. EtV requires a Game Logic called "server" and LFC needs an invisible helipad called "server" too.

They can't both be named server obviously and I assume there's a logical reason that both are named server, but would it be possible to rename either helipad or game logic without breaking it?

This may seem like a stupid question to some of you so any help is greatly appreciated.

Great script! Thanks for making and releasing it :)

I am a total beginner at scripting and I am trying to put together a mission with this and EtV (Explosives to Vehicles). However, I have a problem. EtV requires a Game Logic called "server" and LFC needs an invisible helipad called "server" too.

They can't both be named server obviously and I assume there's a logical reason that both are named server, but would it be possible to rename either helipad or game logic without breaking it?

This may seem like a stupid question to some of you so any help is greatly appreciated.

It doesn't matter what the name is. But it must be referenced correctly in the script.

However it should work fine even if another script is using the SERVER GL.

Thanks BangaBob, that's good to know.

I'll keep poking at it with my stick and see what happens.

It doesn't matter what the name is. But it must be referenced correctly in the script.

However it should work fine even if another script is using the SERVER GL.

Hi, bangaBob the script don't work.

I prove also with your mission, nothing.

The display there are not.

Hi, bangaBob the script don't work.

I prove also with your mission, nothing.

The display there are not.

Have you enabled PIP in your video settings?

Have you enabled PIP in your video settings?

Yes, ULTRA.

Don't work only for me, but also to my friend.

Edited by MasterAntony

I think, I may have found a bug. It consistently repos. If I go to each screen and select a player, so I do this 4 times. If I go back to the screen and select a player on existing screen, then the other 3 screens go black.

Still digging into it more. But was wondering if anyone else has this problem. I am running 1.30 public version of A3 as well.

-Update: Never mind figured it out. There is a concurrent cams value in liveFeed.sqf that needed to be increased.

Edited by SGTGunner

How do I set this so that the feed is coming from a certain unit? As in If I have someone watching an event happen, how do I make the feed show his view of it?

i can't seem to be able to pull up the feed from anyone but myself. i named my player "s1," and named an AI squad leader in the field "FTL1."

when i preview the mission, it allows me to pull up my own feed, but it doesn't even give me the option to connect to FTL1's feed.

Great script! Is it possible to have night vision on the screen when the unit you're spectating does not have nv?

On 06/06/2015 at 7:54 AM, ironxbay said:

i can't seem to be able to pull up the feed from anyone but myself. i named my player "s1," and named an AI squad leader in the field "FTL1."

when i preview the mission, it allows me to pull up my own feed, but it doesn't even give me the option to connect to FTL1's feed.

Make sure you have all players you want to view defined in the init.sqf 

Mine looks like this and works for all 16 players, (although only one at a time of course)

null = [[Monitor_1],["p1","p2","p3","p4","p5","p6","p7","p8","p9","p10","p11","p12","p13","p14","p15","p16"]] execVM "LFC\feedInit.sqf";

13 hours ago, Spunkmeyer said:

Is this still working on Arma 3?.

Anything like that on Arma 2 CO?

Thanks.

Yes. Works very well, although not with jebus.

Does any of you know how to make 4 monitors share 1 big picture instead of 4 small ones?

eHYqmMdhRoKlt3ieGLSZnQ.jpg

ALSO does any of you have an easy solution to make a satellite zoom option?

Or an uav control option to control the camera and adjust the zoom level yourself?

Any help or pointing in the right direction would be much appreciated.

Getting two errors in the script. One from the livefeed.sqf  and one from feedinit.sqf. I downloaded them as they were on mediafire. Any ideas? :S

rL7YVMZ.jpgDcTjPPr.jpg

UPDATE: NVM. I'm an rtard...

I'm going to hazard a guess that someone missed step 2 of the instructions on the first page 

2. Open editor and add an EMPTY/Objects (signs)/invisible heli-pad. Name it SERVER (Important)