Sign in to follow this  
timvandijk

Custom flag texture not showing in Multiplayer

I have a problem with a texture I'm trying to use as a flag in multiplayer. I have no problems with making it show up for me, but when people join they can't see the texture. I use setFlagTexture in the flag(poles) init field, but I read somewhere that setFlagTexture only works local. Does anyone know how to make it show up for everyone that joins the mission?

Filename: AWFlagNED.jpg

Resolution: 200x200

Directory: /signs

When I try to test the texture with friends, I host a server myself (so not a dedicated server)

On the wiki it says:

NOTE: In MP this command has to be executed where Flag Pole is local. If you add Flag Pole in the editor, it will be local to the server, so executing setFlagTexture on the server will change flag texture on all clients. The command is also persistent and is synchronised for JIP clients.

Edited by timvandijk

setflag texture should work....

example. this setFlagTexture "data\flagpatch.paa";

May possibly be because it's saved as a jpeg file too, unless you can see it yourself? Otherwise, I'm not sure, though try the above string mention

It has to be a jpeg, thats said on the wiki. And yes, I can see th flags, but friends only see black where the texture should be

It has to be a jpeg, thats said on the wiki. And yes, I can see th flags, but friends only see black where the texture should be

Try .paa format, regardless any of them should work... Though I use the exact same init string on my missions except I have the flag in paa format. No problems at all.

We have the exact same problem. They just need to get closer to the flag and wait a few seconds to load the texture. They will see them now.

Put this in the flags init:

this setFlagTexture "AWFlagNED.jpg";