Sign in to follow this  
pipyn1970

confusion with AI drivers

Hi folks

I placed an empty FIA armed off road truck & filled it with AAF troops & given the truck W/Ps to follow once Blufor trigger them to do so with a "switch" trigger. (blufor are fighting the AAF). The problem is the trucks wont move at all. this is what ive done.

1. place empty FIA car
  2. place 2 AAF (movein driver / Gunner) in car
  3. 1st move WP is synced with a trigger (switch & blufor present)
  4. all other WPs are as normal

But they dont drive.

Any help would be fantastic please guys

cheers

Yes, but FIA (look at your first post again) is BLUFOR...

Have you created the waypoints for the car or the driver?

Make sure you're giving the waypoints to the driver and not the actual car.

I have had this same issue with empty vehicles. Have not been able to get AI to move once in truck.

Not able to find my old post.

Edited by JAndrews1

Hi eXpouk, My WPs are from the driver (AAF) & not the car. I just cant get them to move, no matter what i try. Is there a broken link somewhere here or am i doing something wrong?

Many thanks

---------- Post added at 22:05 ---------- Previous post was at 21:58 ----------

Hi JAndrews, this was one of the final acts in the last MP mission i made & i was so stressed it never happened as it would of looked nice to see a fight between them & my AI panthers. So i was trying once again to get it working for this new mission. This one act is vital for my missions as my blufor are fighting the AAF but i want most of their vehicles to be armed pick ups to show a force without much money. Just wish something as simple as this (in my mind anyway) could be done in the editor. I wanted a mission were the AAF steal a UN strider also but until i can get this sorted its on hold

These sort of thing can be hard to replicate so maybe you could post an example mission containing the problem.

Also as I found out a few days ago it is possible to corrupt a mission and no matter what you do things won't work, you have to start again.

Thanks F2k, all the other bits of the mission work. The empty vehicle bit wont. I would love to post the vehicle problem but im not sure how thats done.

I might try something I didnt want to do just to make it work. I might try to have a Fia driver & make him setcaptive & then see if the vehicles move that way.