bracer

Minihattan Island - A3

Hey there -just curious, will the glass ever be shatter-able :p

As soon as I learn how it's done!

It's definitly in the plans! Atleast they make some sound now and you can't walk through most of them! :)

I'm experimenting with an easy form of destruction on the skyscrapers to learn and see what can be done!

So far the results are interesting!

So breakable glass should hopefully be possible to learn aswell.

Yes there is a lot of potential here bracer. I hope that you continue your work and this might turn into something beautiful :)

Currently working on the ugly lod switching and removing unnecessary stuff and optimizing what ever I can!

It should hopefully improve performance for you all.

Hopefully I can finish it by tomorrow. So take note of your current performance so we can compare and see if I'm on the right track!

Good news and bad news...

Fixed alot of the ugly LoD switching, so it's less obvious and looks alot better.

Also cleaned out the models alot, so many of the models are half the size without any visual changes.

Unfortunatly, it did not improve performance the slightest as I can see, which annoys me alot.

So I want to try a few more things to improve performance before releasing the next update.

But atleast expect a few visual improvements of the buildings in the next update!

Later!

Ok, here we go!

I worked alot on fixing the models, and noticed quite a nice fps boost.

Please try it out and report how performance changed compared to the earlier versions!!

It should only be positive :cool:

Version 0.3 is up for grabs!

Changelog:

-FPS!!

-Better looking LoDs

-Signed properly with keys included

Get it here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8291078/MinihattanA3_v0.3.rar

Cheers!

Edited by bracer

@Bracer I'm currently stuck on getting a script to work for the elevator which activates an addAction script which then points to a case statement script to automatically open/close elevator doors when a player selects a floor to go to.

Thanks for sending us the updated release :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

PS: some confusion about the versioning. Is it 0.3 or 0.3.1 (see first page of this thread)

Thanks for the info, correct version is 0.3.

Edited by Guest

Tjena Nikiforos!

What can you report about performance in v0.3?

Any noticeable difference?

I gained some 10-15 fps, so hopefully it's playable for everyone now!

Hej Bracer :D

It's running good for me , I tested in the morning before leaving for work and my FPS were good probably better than before.. Unfortunately I can't say 5 or 10 FPS more . But I will make some further testing and report back to you.

Keep up the good work :)

@Bracer I was just going through one of the buildings (The one with the rotating doors, curved windows on the left side of the building) and the center wall between the stairs needs the Fire Geometry Lod fixed, (I can walk through it.) Also in the same building (I believe its the 3rd floor on the stairs) the ceiling is too low, in order to get past it I had to crouch. I haven't came across much fps lag, not even in the older versions (that might just be how powerful my computer is.) The Resolution Lods have gotten a lot better, I'm not seeing anymore harsh Lod switching, but the windows seem to do a lot of Lod switching or loading (can't explain it very well.)

Great!

Yeah, the one with curved window is still not fixed.

There is a few buildings still lacking firelod for glass and so on.

I know what you meen about the windows.

Waiting for reports on performance, then I'll fix the visuals!

And hopefully a new building or two!

Cheers!

@Bracer When I get back from class I'll do some more testing around the map, keep up the great work.

Here's some WIP photos from the upcoming v0.4!

A new building, still a work in progress.

As with all the others, this one is also loosely based on a NYC building. Is it posible to see which one this is based on?

slv8.png

The mall building will get working sliding doors.

k2lx.png

I'm still waiting for some info about how v0.3 is performing for you!

Cheers!

---------- Post added at 02:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 AM ----------

Also reduced flickering of the distant buildings textures to almost zero...

Still some LoD switching to work on though.

Hey there Bracer great work, the Fps is great now, especially with the new arma 3 updates for multicore, never drops below 45fps on Max, i have been using this and seeing the almost limitless possiblities with this map, I put zombies all over it and AI on the roofs and in buildings and it was so much fun, i had to come one here and tell you !

Keep up the excellent work, looking forward to 0.4 so much.

that looks really promising bracer. keep it up! this is a special project!

GREAT work on this project bracer ! :eek: Thank you ! :bounce3:

i have a few suggestions:

• Parking garages
  • More sturdy or indestructable building (i perfer indestructable)
  • Hotels
  • Buisness buildings with parking lots
  • McArma (arma MCdonalds) cause why not

They seem relatively sturdy to me. I've dropped planes onto the roofs of skyscrapers and sometimes only the roof goes away, leaving you to see all the rooms and what not inside, without even a pebble of rubble. Parking garages would be nice though, for a number of reasons. Also, spot on with the parking lots too. Minihattan seems like a no more than a big playground with a bunch of skyscrapers and shops. Maybe in 2035 NYC has implemented a UAV system where UAVs take cars to special valet parking as people leave them?

I would suggest the addition of some gas stations, as well. I couldn't find any, at least. Docks, gas stations, parking, and malls full of various shops would add a lot to Minihattan. Restaurants and hotels would diversify as well as provide unique fighting spaces. Or, y'know, a building for people to use in Minihattan Life missions or something.

They seem relatively sturdy to me. I've dropped planes onto the roofs of skyscrapers and sometimes only the roof goes away, leaving you to see all the rooms and what not inside, without even a pebble of rubble. Parking garages would be nice though, for a number of reasons. Also, spot on with the parking lots too. Minihattan seems like a no more than a big playground with a bunch of skyscrapers and shops. Maybe in 2035 NYC has implemented a UAV system where UAVs take cars to special valet parking as people leave them?

I would suggest the addition of some gas stations, as well. I couldn't find any, at least. Docks, gas stations, parking, and malls full of various shops would add a lot to Minihattan. Restaurants and hotels would diversify as well as provide unique fighting spaces. Or, y'know, a building for people to use in Minihattan Life missions or something.

crash one into the side is what i mean, it looks hideous imo

Hey guys!

Yeah, destruction is not yet implemented, so buildings just fall to the ground atm.

I like the ideas AngelWingGamingJacob.

There is already a building (the blueish one) which is gonna be a hotel, just need to add the rooms. Soon enough.

I have some ideas to add a underground parking garage, will see if it's possible.

Is this thread still alive? Downloaded this map to play Zeus, had some serious framerate stutter issues.