bracer

Minihattan Island - A3

Thanks for sending us the newest release :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Cheers Foxhound!

Thanks alot for the mirror and frontpage on Armaholic!

Any objects and grenades are falling through the hotel floor. I tested another building and it isn't happening, so I think it's something to do with the destruction you added. Bullets and M203s work properly. This problem effects both hotels I tested.

I also seem to be having some trouble with the destruction. It looks like destruction has been implemented only for the hotel shown in the video. So I went to it, and it seems like only one section on the corner works with destruction, as well as the bar sign. Everything else just falls and collapses like vanilla. The one section that did work went from undamaged straight to most of the windows blown out and some floors collapsed. After the first destruction effect happened, I was sometimes able to blow out a few more windows that were still undamaged but was unable to do any more damage.

I launched and downloaded through play with six, running no other mods. When I launch, I receive the error "Addon 'CHN_Urban' requires addon 'CAData'" Testing happened through the editor with Zeus. After I ran into the problem I diagnosed the file, it was fine, and I ran it through steam and playwithsix to confirm.

Any objects and grenades are falling through the hotel floor. I tested another building and it isn't happening, so I think it's something to do with the destruction you added. Bullets and M203s work properly. This problem effects both hotels I tested.

I also seem to be having some trouble with the destruction. It looks like destruction has been implemented only for the hotel shown in the video. So I went to it, and it seems like only one section on the corner works with destruction, as well as the bar sign. Everything else just falls and collapses like vanilla. The one section that did work went from undamaged straight to most of the windows blown out and some floors collapsed. After the first destruction effect happened, I was sometimes able to blow out a few more windows that were still undamaged but was unable to do any more damage.

I launched and downloaded through play with six, running no other mods. When I launch, I receive the error "Addon 'CHN_Urban' requires addon 'CAData'" Testing happened through the editor with Zeus. After I ran into the problem I diagnosed the file, it was fine, and I ran it through steam and playwithsix to confirm.

Yes, the Hotel and a few other buidlings is missing geometry on the floors which makes grenades fall through. But it has Fire geometry which stops the bullets.

Will fix soon enough. I had it removed since it seemed to prevent the AI from going there.

Yes, so far there is no more destruction added except the Hotel. And it should be two possible pieces to blast away.

This version is mostly bugfixes, but I left that experimental destruction in for testing.

Which buildings are still falling through the ground? All other buildings or just a few?

Yes, Charons Urban pack requries CAData, but they way I implemented it I don't use that config anyway.

So I will ask Charon if I would be allowed to modify or remove the config.

Cheers and thanks for the feedback!

---------- Post added at 11:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 PM ----------

-Improved the exterior of the mall upper floors

-Removed shadows (temporarly until I figure them out)

-Stopped buildings from falling through the ground

-Hopefully fixed compatibility issues with AiA

-Added few interiors

-Testing destruction on Hotel

-Fixed missing texture

Here's the changelog so you can see what has been added/changed.

Seems like some of the Tall and Big buildings doesn't have collision(??).

the bullet are penetrate through thick wall and chopper can't land on the top of the roof.

Yes, that's correct. There is still a few buildings missing geometryLods...

It will be solved soon enough.

Some buildings got more attention than others as you can see.

Did anyone find the sewer lid yet?

Did anyone find the sewer lid yet?

If you mean the thing on the east island then yes I've seen that. That will be very interesting if/when it gets on the main island if it already isn't there?

There is a way to get there from the main island! Look for lids on the ground!

---------- Post added at 02:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 AM ----------

Preferably go there at night with flashlight :-)

Hey Bracer!

Add me on Steam!

patrickbains <- account with Yellow Civil Protect pic.

2014-11-01_00005_zpsa95a857b.jpg

2014-11-01_00007_zpsfc029b1d.jpg

2014-11-01_00008_zpsad4e92d8.jpg

2014-11-01_00006_zps1b0080d6.jpg

2014-11-01_00009_zps171f7b73.jpg

2014-11-01_00013_zps0d67c367.jpg

2014-11-01_00012_zpsc5f684ea.jpg

2014-11-01_00011_zpsfade7d58.jpg

the Pics of My clans Game.

hope You like it

I deploy the all the Buildings and Objects that make ur map more Realistic

I just saw the Arma 2 version was updated. Will the A3 version get and update as well? Thanks!

Hey dcal!

The Arma 2 version was just brought up to the same version as Arma 3, nothing new in that one!

But I'm working on v0.6 for Arma 3, but no ETA yet.

Excellent! I have a couple videos planned for your map so I will wait for the update.

Would love to see these assets (optimized) and the ones from Santa Catalina (also optimized) come together on like a 10x10 km map that has a proper city with suburbs.

Would love to see these assets (optimized) and the ones from Santa Catalina (also optimized) come together on like a 10x10 km map that has a proper city with suburbs.

I was thinking the same exact thing.

http://images.popmatters.com/blog_art/m/mw2_nates.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3KpZfgfek8

I wish I had a better understanding of the arma tools just to make a flat terrain and fill it with lots of buildings and streets, with some river, bridges etc. The urban part of santa catalina and the enterable skycrappers of minihatan combined would be awesome.

I wanted to do a big mission using this map but I'm going to have to cancel it for now. Major shadow bugs and too many walls you can walk through. From someone who lives in NYC this map was loaded with potential. 

Edited : I'll keep testing to see if I can somehow get around the bugs.

I wanted to do a big mission using this map but I'm going to have to cancel it for now. Major shadow bugs and too many walls you can walk through. From someone who lives in NYC this map was loaded with potential. 

Edited : I'll keep testing to see if I can somehow get around the bugs.

You can't do anything about the geometry issues.

What you CAN do is search for buildings that doesn't suffer such problems

..and build the mission's *strategic locations*using those instead..

while we waiting for an update

Any plans for an update of this map? I really am looking for a map that has a good modern day urban feel to it. I tried the USA map by 7th cav but it was extremely buggy. Anyone have any ideas? 

Any news Bracer?

Love this map, could you maybe add a dock area as to make the join between sea and land more natural?

@bracer sent you a message about a map check your inbox