bracer

Minihattan Island - A3

Nice work bracer! This is a lot better than the previous release. Really enjoyed flying around and taking a look at all the new stuff. Thanks!

Btw, will you put it into Steam Workshop for even easier installation? Thanks for all the hard work!

Congrats bracer!

Took a quad around the city,absolute brilliance!

The buildings are great,its varied pretty well block to block with some nice spacing to set up mil bases or anything needed for scenario,unused terrain in distance is nice touch too rather than empty distant sky,and the lighting.....superb.

Nice work man.

A few issues to report that jumped out at me

1. building destruction-it seems each sky scraper is divided into three or more building placed together? basically,destruction of a building will cause a "layer" to get destroyed(sometimes ground layer) leaving a levitating half sky scraper;)

2.walking through stuff- found myself walking though a few walls while inside the sky scrapers,some doors,and objects like toilets/baths/gaurd rails etc.

3.AI navigation-Im suprised this actually works pretty well.I see there are many positions in each building,the AI navigate pretty well through them.However there are alot of buildings upper floors without registered positions,would it be possible in the future to add positions the them?Not talking an entire building but say the first three levels or so.

Super stuff bracer,first thing im going to do is remake a GRAW mission;)

From looking at the screenshots there seems to be great improvement mate.

Thanks for sending us the updated release :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

ummm this version is broken requiring AiA_Core.....i singled it down to this mod because i run AiA_TP and still get this error

Thanks for the comments and thanks for hosting the map on your pages guys!

Much appreciated!

ummm this version is broken requiring AiA_Core.....i singled it down to this mod because i run AiA_TP and still get this error

Hey AngelWing!

Sounds odd, since I don't have any AiA stuff on this computer. Must be a conflict between the mods.

Try disabling all other mods and see if it disapears...

---------- Post added at 07:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 PM ----------

Btw, will you put it into Steam Workshop for even easier installation? Thanks for all the hard work!

I'll take a look at that! Not familiar with the Workshop yet.

---------- Post added at 07:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 PM ----------

Congrats bracer!

Took a quad around the city,absolute brilliance!

The buildings are great,its varied pretty well block to block with some nice spacing to set up mil bases or anything needed for scenario,unused terrain in distance is nice touch too rather than empty distant sky,and the lighting.....superb.

Nice work man.

A few issues to report that jumped out at me

1. building destruction-it seems each sky scraper is divided into three or more building placed together? basically,destruction of a building will cause a "layer" to get destroyed(sometimes ground layer) leaving a levitating half sky scraper;)

2.walking through stuff- found myself walking though a few walls while inside the sky scrapers,some doors,and objects like toilets/baths/gaurd rails etc.

3.AI navigation-Im suprised this actually works pretty well.I see there are many positions in each building,the AI navigate pretty well through them.However there are alot of buildings upper floors without registered positions,would it be possible in the future to add positions the them?Not talking an entire building but say the first three levels or so.

Super stuff bracer,first thing im going to do is remake a GRAW mission;)

Thanks Redarmy!

All the errors you mentioned are correct.

1. I fixed a few buildings so that they cannot be destroyed at all, but probably missed a few.

Will work on destruction later on!

2. Yes, need to work more on this for sure!

3. Same here, it's only half finished. I need alot of testing to get the AI working correctly, but I havn't prioriticed it yet.

Looking forward to the mission!

Bracer it has to be something related to a A2 file as when starting up with vanilla and the mod i got an error for "Addon 'CAStructures_E_Misc_Misc_powerline' requires addon 'CAStructures_E_Misc'"

Edit: It causes a failure to start up with AiA-TP

I'll say don't make the map any bigger and start to focus more on details. The amount of alleys and enterable buildings makes the map already feel pretty huge. The performance is great so far!

Bracer it has to be something related to a A2 file as when starting up with vanilla and the mod i got an error for "Addon 'CAStructures_E_Misc_Misc_powerline' requires addon 'CAStructures_E_Misc'"

Yeah, must be AiA missing something. Does it happen when you start with Minihattan and no other mods?

Thanks Jimmy!

Good to here it performs well!

Yeah, must be AiA missing something. Does it happen when you start with Minihattan and no other mods?

Thanks Jimmy!

Good to here it performs well!

Error when starting the game. No mods, but I'm on the dev-branch:

WuZN4Qx.png

Error when starting to play in the map:

JYg6kMV.jpg

RPT if needed http://pastebin.com/1c8QXuYQ

I see! Thanks!

Yes, then it's Minihattan that is the problem.

Will fix!

Very glad your still on this :)

Pretty amazing what you've done here, and just had a blast playing some helo vs Infantry combat -especially with Laxman's reverb. I would suggest going more crazy with storefront names and billboards, possibly one of those giant Jumbotrons if not too performance intensive. The city also looks a tad clean for New York-ish fee, possibly some dirtier buildings, graffiti walls, trash in alleys? Also, is the breakable glass a no-go? I couldn't imagine dropping a payload over the city and watching it turn into a sea of glass..of course are CPU's may ignite but it might just be worth it.

Very glad your still on this :)

Pretty amazing what you've done here, and just had a blast playing some helo vs Infantry combat -especially with Laxman's reverb. I would suggest going more crazy with storefront names and billboards, possibly one of those giant Jumbotrons if not too performance intensive. The city also looks a tad clean for New York-ish fee, possibly some dirtier buildings, graffiti walls, trash in alleys? Also, is the breakable glass a no-go? I couldn't imagine dropping a payload over the city and watching it turn into a sea of glass..of course are CPU's may ignite but it might just be worth it.

Thanks Froggyluv!

I noticed aswell that the signs, fireescapes and billboards makew alot of difference.

I will add more of that!

And the alleys need to be work on, currently it is uust grey space between buildings.

Destruction will be implemented at some point! But I'm not sure how to deal with it yet.

---------- Post added at 09:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 AM ----------

I know how to fix the error!

One question though, is the streetlamps shining at night for everyone even though this error pops up?

Thanks!

I know how to fix the error!

One question though, is the streetlamps shining at night for everyone even though this error pops up?

Thanks!

Yes they're.

Just an idea about destruction--most skyscrapers are pretty tough to destroy. Maybe you could put in a sort of support structure that's indestructible, maybe make it the stair well or something so you can still climb up.

Hi mate, After AIA TP`s last update

one of ur file name that "bra_cityobj1 bra_minihattan" crash with AIA TP.

its keep crasing when I try to make Dedicate server or Multi server for our clan.

pls check about this situation.

I'm learning about destruction now!

Quite fun!

---------- Post added at 11:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 PM ----------

Hi mate, After AIA TP`s last update

one of ur file name that "bra_cityobj1 bra_minihattan" crash with AIA TP.

its keep crasing when I try to make Dedicate server or Multi server for our clan.

pls check about this situation.

This should hopefully be solved with the next update.

Very nice update.

1 - the windows materials are quite strange at night, are they emmisive?

2 - the stairs gave me motion sickness, I didn't know this was possible. Are elevators possible in Arma?

Its very nice to fly helicopters around the buildings, though, the AI sadly can't navigate properly.

Oh wow that destruction is looking seriously tasty :)

That map will make some excellent PvP.

Oh wow that destruction is looking seriously tasty :)

That map will make some excellent PvP.

It will add alot of fun with destruction. But it will take quite some time to implement it on all buildings.

---------- Post added at 10:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 AM ----------

Very nice update.

1 - the windows materials are quite strange at night, are they emmisive?

2 - the stairs gave me motion sickness, I didn't know this was possible. Are elevators possible in Arma?

Its very nice to fly helicopters around the buildings, though, the AI sadly can't navigate properly.

1. Yes, I haven't figured out how to make to windows look good at night yet.

2. Sounds like the soldiers need elevators. Take a look at JSF 82nd Reaper's work here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?172226-Innovation-Studios-WIP-Buildings

---------- Post added at 12:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 AM ----------

Here you have version 0.5.3 of Minihattan for Arma 3!

It should hopefully fix the compatibility issues with AiA.

Please report if it works!

Changelog for this version:

-Improved the exterior of the mall upper floors

-Removed shadows (temporarly until I figure them out)

-Stopped buildings from falling through the ground

-Hopefully fixed compatibility issues with AiA

-Added few interiors

-Testing destruction on Hotel

-Fixed missing texture

Oh! And enjoy the destruction for the Hotel!

I will start adding it to more buildings now that I know how it works. :yay:

Get it here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8291078/Bracers_Minihattan053_A3.zip

Or here: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=23869

Cheers!

Edited by bracer

Ok, We will try ur new Update, and report hows goin.

and If you possible, hope to add me on steam.

"Patrickbains"

Thanks for the mirror Kari!

---------- Post added at 05:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:55 PM ----------

Ok, We will try ur new Update, and report hows goin.

and If you possible, hope to add me on steam.

Great, let me know how it works! And please check if the streetlamps are still shining at night.

Cheers!