alduric

@A3MP - ArmA 3 Map Pack

Hey there Alduric, I was wondering if an update was coming soon. Now I know that this may seem like spam, but it's because I'm considering downloading the latest version (still have v1.1) and my poor internet prevents me from downloading every release (it took me a day and a half to download v1.1).

Play with six only download the difference and can convert mods to their formats.

You can also use ArmA3Sync to build custom repo on Web server for Windows/Linux host machine. It provides differential updates too.

What about Clafghan D: it happened at there too

Agreed, if this can be added then it would be very nice...

Hello,

I was running a dedicated server using @A3MP but suddenly after a restart it crashes whenever somebody joins.

If I run it without -mod=@A3MP everything loads fine.

I tried a fresh install of Arma3, re-downloaded @A3MP... no luck so far.

This is what my RPT looks like:

http://pastebin.com/Tg3rZ8Bc

it would be really nice if you could choose somehow the maps that you would like to keep the mod size down. A3MP is 90% of our clans modset and we run with over 35 mods.

it would be really nice if you could choose somehow the maps that you would like to keep the mod size down. A3MP is 90% of our clans modset and we run with over 35 mods.

What ? :confused:

What ? :confused:
I think he's asking for you to split up the mod into different parts. Have the resources for the maps be in one .rar, and then have each map available individually in their own .rar, so you could download just the maps that you want and avoid the maps that you'll never use.

I think he's asking for you to split up the mod into different parts. Have the resources for the maps be in one .rar, and then have each map available individually in their own .rar, so you could download just the maps that you want and avoid the maps that you'll never use.

A quick glance through the addon files will tell anyone with sense that the addon isn't structured that way. It's wasn't designed to be modular, so making it so would take enough work that it realistically wouldn't be worth it.

A quick glance through the addon files will tell anyone with sense that the addon isn't structured that way. It's wasn't designed to be modular, so making it so would take enough work that it realistically wouldn't be worth it.
Just doing my best to clarify what I think Flaky was asking for. Although, I'd always champion for flexibility and modularity wherever possible.

I think another problem is that most of the mod size is actually assets not the maps themselves... I could be wrong though :p

I think another problem is that most of the mod size is actually assets not the maps themselves... I could be wrong though :p

No, you're right. And the topic pops up every second page of this thread. Alduric should write it at the very first page, in huge red letters: This Map-Pack is not modular. It is not downsizeable. If you want it, you HAVE to use the whole 5.9Gb. If that's too much for you, don't use this mappack then.

Just doing my best to clarify what I think Flaky was asking for. Although, I'd always champion for flexibility and modularity wherever possible.

I might have come off as abrasive towards you, when it was really meant for flaky and the thoughtless dudes like him asking for something unfeasible. And yeah, I deff agree. I'll def support modularity if Alduric is up for it. But at the same time, I understand that it's a massive and tedious job with no real justifiable gain in the eyes of the developer.

Alduric

Savegames are no longer working after Bis patch 1.18 just tested and the only mod that was causing the problem was A3MP. Before yesterday was working fine.

Edited by Grillob3

Since the last Arma update, our dedicated server no longer recognize A3MP. It just don't show the map list, except altis and stratis.

You guys should really set the map size in the cfgWorlds class so certain scripts will be able to work.

Also, I have a working fix for the street lights if you guys are interested.

It automatically replaces the old ArmA 2 lamps with the ArmA 3 equivalents in an efficient manner.

http://puu.sh/9r1y0/20fce76396.png

http://puu.sh/9r1yq/48673bfc07.png

Edited by Waffle_SS

i currently stopped using this addon as it likes to make missions not work when disabled.

even when i do not use the maps.

is this still an issue? if not ill download it again :)

i currently stopped using this addon as it likes to make missions not work when disabled.

even when i do not use the maps.

is this still an issue? if not ill download it again :)

Never had this issue. What exactly do you mean? savegames do not work, editor created missions give out errors on start, or something else? You have to convey some more information if you want us to now if this is an issue or not. ;)

Ahh sorry about that, basically when making a mission with a3mp on, on Altis...

I create a mission and then save and then decide to turn off a3mp and then try to load my mission again.

Then I would get an error saying missing dependency bla bla bla

Does this refresh anyone's memory?

I create a mission and then save and then decide to turn off a3mp and then try to load my mission again.

Then take a look at your mission.sqm

in

class Mission
{
addOns[]=
{
};
addOnsAuto[]=
{
};

is probably an entry for a3mp. These ones declare the dependencies for the mission. You have to delete the entries you don't want in your mission manually sometimes (although there shouldn't be any entries from a3mp, not even if you're creating a mission on an a3mp-map - are you sure a3mp is the culprit and not a3mp-ap and you haven't placed any objects that are available via a3mp on the map?).

Edited by Pergor

It's for the best to load up A3 with only the mods that you absolutely need to create your mission. Why load A3MP when you're making a mission on Altis? There is absolutely no benefit to you to do so. If you want to use the extra objects that A3MP gives you from A2 then obviously you'll depend on that mod. Any mod you have loaded will create a dependency if the mod is loaded, so it's best to run as close to vanilla as possible when editing missions.

Does anyone can seed files via torrent link?

I have a very poor bandwidth and cannot download this amazing mappack by the default link.

Thanks!

I´m seeding A3MP 1.4 continuously... in fact, my seeding is up right now

Thank you.

But trackers don't find any seeding peer.

Can you confirm the torrent link?

Thanks again.

There are 6 trackers listed in A3MP 1.4 properties - I´m currently seeding according to bittorrent, thou nobody (of 22 listed peers and 35 seeders) seems to be connected right now, maybe your ISP is blocking torrents (are you in Germany, parts of USA or another country under the strick rule of MPAA and CRIAA, lol?)

BTW, I´ve used this thread´s link for the torrent, but I´ve dled it since it was released weeks ago... (I mean, if you can download the .torrent file from that link at least, I´ve just tested and it worked) =/

Edited by Corporal_Lib[BR]