alduric

@A3MP - ArmA 3 Map Pack

Yes, its becose CBA. Just checked without CBA and all is ok.

Can I ask about how the patch is supposed to be applied? There are two folders in the patch, @A3MP and A3MP_Patch, and I've copied both into the folder. When I start the game, ArmA2 and Operation Arrowhead pop up in my expansions menu. Have I done something wrong?

Okay i bought Dropbox Pro, so links shd work now. It would be cool if ppl who hosting already v1.0, can switch to mirroring 1.1 and send me links.

Sorry, can't do that when there are no working download links...

As I said before, set up the torrent BEFORE the public release, and you're all fine. Torrents are also fine with large files, because they do their own CRC checking, so failed downloads are impossible.

But if PWS can handle this, that's probably the best way to go if you don't want to use torrents.

XQseCAW.png

You guys can get 1.1 with great speeds from SIX networks. :bounce3:

1. Just download play withSIX, install and start the client

2. If you want a different download location than MyDocuments, select Arma 3, click on Settings,

and change the path at Mod and Sync directories to your preferred location - ie. the Arma 3 game folder

3. To download A3MP 1.1 click the link and next the green download button

4. Hit the Update button on the bottom left

5. Once done click the Play button

To learn more read the getting start page and you are welcome to request assistance and support.

Short version: Download A3MP v1.1

Enjoy :yay:

Edited by .kju [PvPscene]

Torrents are also fine with large files, because they do their own CRC checking, so failed downloads are impossible.

Add to that...

- When a couple of seeders exists you get excellent DL speeds.

- You can limit DL/UL speeds so you can work with other stuff while downloading/seeding.

- You can stop/pause/resume any ongoing DL at any time.

- You can easily schedule downloads to night time (uTorrent client).

- It handles timeouts etc. automaticly, you do not need to worry about aborted DL's.

- As rundll said it automaticly fix any errors by constantly calculate the CRC checksum on received blocks.

Bittorrent protocol beats any other DL method for larger files and I highly recommend people that usually have problems with timeouts or corrupted DL's in general to check it out if you haven't. A good and free BitTorrent client is uTorrent...

http://www.utorrent.com

BTS: Thanks for the update Alduric! Looking forward to the day when you plug in the lamp posts ;)

/KC

Edited by KeyCat

I've kept my seed open for the v1.0, and in the past 20 hours I've had it up its uploaded (to you folks) around 60.5GB

I haven't spent days downloading it, I've spent two days trying out every single mirror trying to find a version without a broken PBO.

I just used the torrent, downloaded in about 15/20 minutes for me. Been playing these maps since release.

Does this mod use the same lighting as Arma 3? Maybe I'm wrong but I don't get that feeling.

BTW thank you very much for this mod :)

I seem to be getting a translucent black underscore appearing on my screen when loading up the A2 maps. Present in both 1.0 and 1.1. Kinda odd

Image link

Yep, same thing in my case tooo.

@nkeyand Machineabuse:

Take out the mod CBA Mod and the problem should be solved, its in every new mod map when CBA is activated.

But better live with it because CBA is needed for to much things.

Only other bug that is still extant (not listed on front page) is the line in cherno/utes:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/74159983/Arma3/A3MP_Line.jpg

I get that line with other mods running not just this one. maybe its a CBA thing - might test one at a time....when I have time

thanks Alduric - missed zargabad for training exercises.

EDIT: read the rest of the posts - thanks for confirming CBA.

I seem to be getting a translucent black underscore appearing on my screen when loading up the A2 maps. Present in both 1.0 and 1.1. Kinda odd

Image link

Yep, I have that too among two other problems.

One has to do with particle effects which now show a box around it for anything like dust that kicks up to smoke grenades, trees being hit etc. This seems to happen on every map now.

The second more major problem has to do with savegames when playing any mission. If I die and try to reload a savegame or checkpoint, I will get a long, long laundry list of addons that are missing, all ca_wheeled kind of things.

But other than that this is a very good job so far!

EDIT: Just saw the 1.1 patch that fixes the particles.

Edited by SiC-Disaster

Image link

Others have said that this is caused by Community Base Addons. Disable CBA and it should be gone :)

All Download-Links are down !!! :-(

I'm so frustrated !!!

I have been trying for 5 hours to download the files without success !!

What's wrong with Amaholic.com? They're usually so quick to offer the files for download ?

Hmm! ... Not my day today! :-p

Okay i just woke up so GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD MORRRRRRRRRRRNIIIIIIIIIIINGGGGGGGG VIEEEEEEEEEETNAM :D

Thought the explosions werent fixed for me... turns out I must have pressed skip instead of yes to overwriting the old stuff...

Looks good mate!

Only other bug that is still extant (not listed on front page) is the line in cherno/utes:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/74159983/Arma3/A3MP_Line.jpg

Its caused by CBA. I know how to fix it but i dont want to edit CBA :) its not my mod.

I'm so frustrated !!!

I have been trying for 5 hours to download the files without success !!

What's wrong with Amaholic.com? They're usually so quick to offer the files for download ?

Hmm! ... Not my day today! :-p

Try here: http://play.withsix.com/arma-3/mods/a3mp

This mod supports only MP. + This mod include only maps, not stuff like weapons ( errors means, you need weapons also )

Will you update it for SP in the future?

As has been said, it is for MP.

As for the CBA fix Alduric, perhaps a quick PM to CBA devs would be good mate.

Will you update it for SP in the future?

Dunno at the moment, probably yes. But i think ArmA series is MP simulator, and point of this simulator is cooperation with other ppl sooooooooooo i will work on MP only at the moment.

Are there torrents available at the moment? Read something about it but can't find them. :o

Dropbox seems overloaded

Are there torrents available at the moment? Read something about it but can't find them. :o

Dropbox seems overloaded

There is for the 1.0 version (someone posted a link several pages back) but nothing for the 1.1 or patch file versions (to my knowledge).

Dropbox seems overloaded

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ulys3l0xg74ahb5/A3CM_16-12-2013.torrent : Link to torrent file for Version 1.0, as posted by rundll.exe. I would recommend downloading from there, and using the 1.0-->1.1 Patch offered on the first page of this topic. I can confirm torrent file works fine and had no issues downloading it, still seeding it now.

Dunno at the moment, probably yes. But i think ArmA series is MP simulator, and point of this simulator is cooperation with other ppl sooooooooooo i will work on MP only at the moment.

Not quite sure I fully agree with that statement. ArmA has multiplayer, yes, but it is and has always been solely a military simulator...not just for MP. I do agree MP is probably the strongest feature of ArmA, but I also understand that not everyone is MP capable, so SP shouldn't be ignored. I feel if everyone just developed MP additions to the game we wouldn't see unit and vehicle addons ever being put to proper use, as many people that play over MP strictly use a small selection of community-made addons. So SP is kind of a way for addon makers to actually see their work reach the light of day.

I don't mean to start a discussion about the relevance of MP or SP, was just trying to point out that many community members still have strong interest in SP elements of the game. In any case, I'm sure it will make it into a future release, but I'm still enjoying the hell out of the maps until then. Thanks again, Alduric, for all your hard work.

For everyone complaining and bitching about the file download, port the maps yourself then you won't have to worry about having DL issues. If you don't have the knowledge to do so, then have some patience or move along because the ArmA community is not the place for it. More people in this thread have reported it downloaded and working just fine, than there is people that haven't. Not saying these people should be ignored, but also not a reason to show how much of an ass you can be. It's clear that the file works, just a bit on the large side...so DL issues are to be expected. Don't blame the developer for YOUR connection issues.

can someone upload the 1.1 patch somewhere that gives good dl speed but doesnt require you to dl an application first to download it?

the dropbox is temporary disabled..

torrent is ok too.