alduric

@A3MP - ArmA 3 Map Pack

Any chance at all of Avgani and Emita being made compatible?

First of great addon, love it.

secondly Went to use it on my linux server last night and ran into a few issues with file name case , basically it was looking for lower case file names when in fact they are mixed case. I did a batch rename to convert everything to lowercase in the /addons folder and it worked. Just a heads up on potential issues or maybe put a note in the addons readme file to tell people running it on a linux server they need to rename the files.

Anyone else getting satmap issues with Podagorsk and Fallujah?

I have some map alignment issues with Fallujah. The actual map looks OK however.

Was testing some stuff on Utes today and sound seemed to be back to front.

I.e. Noise of gunfire from behind but opfor in front? I think I read about that somewhere b4.

Is anyone else having that issue?

Could be another mod I use: Xmed, Alive, ADF or TFR.

Was testing some stuff on Utes today and sound seemed to be back to front.

I.e. Noise of gunfire from behind but opfor in front? I think I read about that somewhere b4.

Is anyone else having that issue?

Could be another mod I use: Xmed, Alive, ADF or TFR.

Are you on dev build 125350? That has introduced some, ahem, significant weapon sound changes which might be causing your issues.

In my mission, I've placed a few tan camonet tents (Classname: "US_WarfareBBarracks_Base_EP1", you can find it under "Objects Military") and it is giving players issues who try to connect to the mission. It gives the player and error (Can't remember the error precisely, but it was something like "ca\weapons\ammo\usbasicammocratesmall.p3d") due to a missing file, which is apparently some decorative ammo crate objects/materials that are used by the tent object. Would appreciate it if this could be fixed! There seems to be similar issues and really bad UV mapping or something on several other military objects from A2 as well.

i have a weird problem on stable branch ( i don't read all thread) when i ride a car doesn't stop and goes very fast

it's a physx related problem?

^^ why ever would you want to do that? Makes no sense, unless you are worried about file size.

Like i said 1293012309 times before, files are not modular - Answer is no.

Have you talked to the All-in-arma guys about using their empty.p3d file to replace all of the remaining Ponds in your next release? It would allow more maps to be used without problems.

A3MP have included empty ponds from almost 1st release.

Would be cool if someone made a Carp or Pike mod so we could have some fishies in them :)

Oh no, Jeza, I think you are misunderstanding. A3MP has by design replaced the ponds with an empty model since the beginning, thus removing the bugs the engine has in displaying the ponds. This would leave an empty hole for the fish to flop around in. Not exactly what you're looking for. What I am trying to tell Alduric is that he missed a few of these ponds that were being replaced by emptiness.

If you start up the following you will see ponds being used that are sourced in A3MP:

FATA - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=22057 The version with ponds. Obviously, the version without them works but that is not the point of this exercise. (Uses ponds found in A3MP_Structures3_Data.pbo)

Aliabad - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=16711 (Uses ponds found in A3MP_Structures2_Data.pbo)

Napf - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=17088 (Uses ponds found in A3MP_Structures2_Data.pbo)

This is awesome Alduric! Bystrica looks even more beautiful on ArmA3! Good work!

Oh no, Jeza, I think you are misunderstanding. A3MP has by design replaced the ponds with an empty model since the beginning, thus removing the bugs the engine has in displaying the ponds. This would leave an empty hole for the fish to flop around in. Not exactly what you're looking for. What I am trying to tell Alduric is that he missed a few of these ponds that were being replaced by emptiness.

If you start up the following you will see ponds being used that are sourced in A3MP:

FATA - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=22057 The version with ponds. Obviously, the version without them works but that is not the point of this exercise. (Uses ponds found in A3MP_Structures3_Data.pbo)

Aliabad - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=16711 (Uses ponds found in A3MP_Structures2_Data.pbo)

Napf - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=17088 (Uses ponds found in A3MP_Structures2_Data.pbo)

I will check this and do whatever i can to fix, but i think it will be simple one like other ponds problem ;-)

I have two questions:

1) Is it possible to only download Chernarus map, and if so, which part should I download?

2) Is the map ready to start working on campaign for it or is there still a lot of issues?

I have two questions:

1) Is it possible to only download Chernarus map, and if so, which part should I download?

2) Is the map ready to start working on campaign for it or is there still a lot of issues?

No.....

And yes :-)

No.....

And yes :-)

Good news and bad news then...

I hope that it will be possible to download each map separate in the future. The reason for that is because it makes the downloads smaller, and users don't have to download piece by piece, but rather they can pick what they want.

It is also better for campaigns that takes place on any of these maps since the people who play the campaign has to download less content in order to play it.

Thanks for the great map pack... The size of this mod isnt the problem, its their need for a bigger harddrive... Their playing a game series that is all about modding... mods require space... End of story. If you dont have the space, UPGRADE, OR STOP YOUR WHINING....Seriously.. or there is another Route.... open the mod and divide the maps up yourself...... HAVE FUN.....

Space on my harddrive certainly not a problem for me.

I am just worried that fewer people will play a campaign that requires such a huge download. Maybe I am wrong. After all, all these maps are great anyway so not downloading them is to miss something .

I always try to keep the amount of mods and the disc space required for mods to a minimum when I create campaigns.

Then, I am of course very gratefull to all the people put all their time and energy into this. I just want to make sure that campaigns I create is as accessible as possible for anyone who wish to play them and that the map/maps I work with is solid so that I people don't encounter issues when they play my campaign. :wink_o:

I am just worried that fewer people will play a campaign that requires such a huge download. Maybe I am wrong. After all, all these maps are great anyway so not downloading them is to miss something .

50% or more of Arma 3 community use A3MP :P no need to worry mate.