alduric

@A3MP - ArmA 3 Map Pack

Details like, will the "right" version use lower quality A2 something? Or, does the "wrong" version is using A3 quality something that will be downgraded by the fix?

There's no such thing as " lower quality A2 something ". Almost all midrange textures in ArmA 3 are absolute garbage anyway.

Besides having a desertic ground in a desertic zone improves the visual fidelity of the whole scene, if you're so wary about the " quality " of your game : this should qualify.

One last question if I may. Why does using the "wrong" midrange texture gives Takistan a non-desertic look? Is the wrong midrange texture an A3 texture?

Is the wrong midrange texture an A3 texture?

In this specific case ? Yes. More than likely.

i'd honestly stick with the current ones, deserts look more lush than the ArmA 2 midranges

take these pictures of afghanistan compared to the first picture before you hover your mouse over

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/74/Stark_contrasts_in_Afghanistan_-_080907-F-0168M-071.jpg

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3144/3068056966_948e2aa124_o.jpg

I have to check this, but agree - its a mistake bug. " Mouse over " is much better - Its desert guys.

good to hear its just a bug :P , perhaps a compromise, if so many like a green desert make the fix an option so they can choose there green takistan and the rest, who knows its suposed to be a DESERT (meaning brownish / greyish etc. (sorry couldn't resist :P )),choose that ;)

i'd honestly stick with the current ones, deserts look more lush than the ArmA 2 midranges

take these pictures of afghanistan compared to the first picture before you hover your mouse over

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/74/Stark_contrasts_in_Afghanistan_-_080907-F-0168M-071.jpg

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3144/3068056966_948e2aa124_o.jpg

Yes that. Current version of Taki looks exacly like those pictures (color-wise), that's why I'd like at least to have an option to keep the current one. A3MP Takistan breathes new life to the original.

With clafghan u have to delete the 'verticle_ponds.pbo' to fix this. Unfortunately fata has same issue but dont think u can fix this way

Actually, Alduric posted a link under the topic for his A3MP-AP addon which provides a download for the map FATA without ponds, which fixes the waterline bug...or it did in my case.

https://mega.co.nz/#!Q18Bwagb!Ub1WRTerNSOSqiL5j9bNSSiUPdsjGlomrSHSMuadQS4

Hope that helps.

Need help!!!

pretty much i downloaded Lingor Island but for some reason it crashes the game when loading Lingor.... i am not the only one having this issue... anyone help me out?

I downloaded the 4.6 MB. If i try to unzip the file (Fulldownload mappack v1.4, mirror 2) it need a passord! Can somebody tell me it

I downloaded the 4.6 MB. If i try to unzip the file (Fulldownload mappack v1.4, mirror 2) it need a passord! Can somebody tell me it

Not sure but i think it's Rockhounts, our is Mirror1 there is no pw.

While trying to install the new version of A3MP on our server I get the following error message:

Conflicting addon ca_animals2_dogs_pastor in 'a3mp_dummy\ca_animals2_dogs_pastor\', previous definition in 'A3MP_Utils22\dummy_save_fix\'
Conflicting addon cawheeled_e in 'a3mp_dummy\cawheeled_e\', previous definition in 'A3MP_Utils22\dummy_save_fix\'
Conflicting addon ca_animals2_rabbit in 'a3mp_dummy\ca_animals2_rabbit\', previous definition in 'A3MP_Utils22\dummy_save_fix\'
Conflicting addon caweapons_e_g36 in 'a3mp_dummy\caweapons_e_g36\', previous definition in 'A3MP_Utils22\dummy_save_fix\'
Conflicting addon catracked_e in 'a3mp_dummy\catracked_e\', previous definition in 'A3MP_Utils22\dummy_save_fix\'
Conflicting addon caweapons_e_maaws in 'a3mp_dummy\caweapons_e_maaws\', previous definition in 'A3MP_Utils22\dummy_save_fix\'
Conflicting addon cacharacters_e in 'a3mp_dummy\cacharacters_e\', previous definition in 'A3MP_Utils22\dummy_save_fix\'
Conflicting addon caweapons_e_m110 in 'a3mp_dummy\caweapons_e_m110\', previous definition in 'A3MP_Utils22\dummy_save_fix\'
Conflicting addon caweapons_e_scar in 'a3mp_dummy\caweapons_e_scar\', previous definition in 'A3MP_Utils22\dummy_save_fix\'
Conflicting addon cawater2_destroyer in 'a3mp_dummy\cawater2_destroyer\', previous definition in 'A3MP_Utils22\dummy_save_fix\'
Conflicting addon ca_animals2_wildboar in 'a3mp_dummy\ca_animals2_wildboar\', previous definition in 'A3MP_Utils22\dummy_save_fix\'
Conflicting addon caweapons_e_ammoboxes in 'a3mp_dummy\caweapons_e_ammoboxes\', previous definition in 'A3MP_Utils22\dummy_save_fix\'
Conflicting addon ca_modules_functions in 'a3mp_dummy\ca_modules_functions\', previous definition in 'A3MP_Utils22\dummy_save_fix\'

I deleted the old version before I installed the new one.

Any hints whats going wrong?

Thanks for your good work, keep it up!

These are because of the workaround to enable save abillity and are harmless if you get them only once in a while.

These are because of the workaround to enable save abillity and are harmless if you get them only once in a while.

Just forgot to delete those dummies, ignore it. Its not even a small problem, i will fix it in v1.5 ( SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON )

Need help!!!

pretty much i downloaded Lingor Island but for some reason it crashes the game when loading Lingor.... i am not the only one having this issue... anyone help me out?

I have been testing a ton of A2 maps with A3MP and will try to post a list at some point of maps that work, and issues encountered while running them. Lingor unfortunately is one of the few maps that doesn't seem to work at the moment. But, on a plus side, Dingor is fully operational and works without any problems at all. Try that one out and see what you think.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?174141-A3MP-ArmA-3-Map-Pack-Additional-Pack

Those maps are supported by A3MP, I recommend to use this addon with maps. Maps not listed in this addon, are not supported and you may have a lot of problems. Please stop talk about 3rd party maps in this thread. Its not the right place, use A3MP-AP thread.

I like to play on Bystrica, but it's so annoying to see trees permanently pop up and disappear. I don't think ArmA 2 behaved that nervous...

I like to play on Bystrica, but it's so annoying to see trees permanently pop up and disappear. I don't think ArmA 2 behaved that nervous...

It did. For some reason, the new vegetation models have the absolute worst LOD issues I've ever seen in this series. And that's really saying something.

I don't know much about how LOD works for arma models at all though. Would it be as simple as removing a couple of the lowest layers of LOD so that it takes longer distances to switch, or does it also take a model tweak to change when the LOD layers switch? Or is any of this even remotely possible to fix in the first place?

Instead of lakes I can see only green holes .. is it just me or is it still W.I.P. ?

Actually, Alduric posted a link under the topic for his A3MP-AP addon which provides a download for the map FATA without ponds, which fixes the waterline bug...or it did in my case.

https://mega.co.nz/#!Q18Bwagb!Ub1WRTerNSOSqiL5j9bNSSiUPdsjGlomrSHSMuadQS4

Hope that helps.

thanks man!

edit - actually, the link doesn't work...

Edited by Azer1234

After a short talk with Rockhount, i used the wrong programm. It's not possible with IZArc. Now i have to use 7zip

I dont know if this has been mentioned yet but I get two errors while extracting them. This happened with both the torrent and another mirror that was broken into 3 parts. Just thpught Id let you know in case this isnt just isolated to me.

crc failed in @a3mp\addons\a3mp_tree_data.pbo is broken

data error in @a3mp\addons\a3mp\a3mp_roads2_data.pbo is broken

I dont know if this has been mentioned yet but I get two errors while extracting them. This happened with both the torrent and another mirror that was broken into 3 parts. Just thpught Id let you know in case this isnt just isolated to me.

crc failed in @a3mp\addons\a3mp_tree_data.pbo is broken

data error in @a3mp\addons\a3mp\a3mp_roads2_data.pbo is broken

put all three parts in one folder

only open and extract part1

the other 2 will be extracted automatically.

put all three parts in one folder

only open and extract part1

the other 2 will be extracted automatically.

Oh..:P

I just redownloaded the full pack and it worked fine. Thanks though.

thanks man!

edit - actually, the link doesn't work...

That's strange, because the link still works for me. Once you click the download button, you just wait until the loading completes and won't see it indicated in your downloads until it is fully finished.