alduric

@A3MP - ArmA 3 Map Pack

I'd be very appreciative if the next version had the following:

• All objects are classified correctly (everything is currently a "House", including walls and rocks)
  • All doors are closed by default (All doors are open by default in current version)
  • Fixed terrain elevation markers on map (Not too big of a deal, but it'd be nice to have fixed)
  • Volumetric fog functionality working (From my tests on Takistan, volumetric fog does not work; maybe the Takistan terrain base is much higher in ArmA 3 than it's supposed to be?)
  • Better pathing work for AI on roads (from tests on Takistan with a tpw script, AI drivers often go offroad when they were already on a road)

I don't expect this stuff to be fixed, but I'd really appreciate you taking the time and dedicating the effort to getting it done. <3

I take a look, i promise. We have lot of time before v1.4. I wanted to add compatibility with Zeus, but 1st we need Zeus release on stable, 2nd id like to fix Hose classes problems and lights, to make lights work in night. At this point i have no clue where to start, i will do my best. Ah and also - Arma never had great pathfinding system, it works fine on A3MP. We have to live with it mate.

If any1 have any ideas, or experience to share - Im open to cooperate with fixes :)

I know that there's a module ( you have to place it in the editor ) laying around to make the lights work on Chernarus.

Works just fine.

So i'm pretty sure it could be done.

I'm having trouble getting Lingor to work. I've tried installing it as both @lingor and also by copying the content of @lingor into @A3MP. With both of these the island shows up in the editor, but it crashes whenever you actually try to play on the map.

Is this a bug with the new version, or am I messing up the installation?

I'm having trouble getting Lingor to work. I've tried installing it as both @lingor and also by copying the content of @lingor into @A3MP. With both of these the island shows up in the editor, but it crashes whenever you actually try to play on the map.

Is this a bug with the new version, or am I messing up the installation?

You have to make mod for mod, to fix problem with CTD, it will not work with A3MP without fixes, and you cannot modify Lingor without permisions so you have to make mod to mod :D if you have no idea wat u doin, pass on lingor map.

Hi guys,

is there a way to use houses from Zargabad or Takistan in another maps, or just make it appears on arma 3 editor?

@jlopes: Yes. Just do the following: (A3MP add-on must be enabled)

1. Place a "Helipad - Invisible" empty object in the mission where you want the house to be and give it a name, such as "MyDadsHouse"

2. Go into the config viewer (it's a cogwheel icon on the top of the editor) and double-click "cfgVehicles" to open it

3. Look for the classname of the desired Takistan building, such as "Land_House_L_1_EP1" (there's also a helpful post of A2 house classnames here)

4. Enter this in the initialization field of the 'Helipad - Invisible' that you placed:

MyDadsHouse= "Land_House_L_1_EP1" createVehicle position this; deleteVehicle this; MyDadsHouse setdir 180; MyDadsHouse setVectorUp [0,0,1];

Should work. Hope it helps.

1st mirror is offline, i have no money left from donations to keep it online. Sorry guys!

@jlopes: Yes. Just do the following: (A3MP add-on must be enabled)

1. Place a "Helipad - Invisible" empty object in the mission where you want the house to be and give it a name, such as "MyDadsHouse"

2. Go into the config viewer (it's a cogwheel icon on the top of the editor) and double-click "cfgVehicles" to open it

3. Look for the classname of the desired Takistan building, such as "Land_House_L_1_EP1" (there's also a helpful post of A2 house classnames here)

4. Enter this in the initialization field of the 'Helipad - Invisible' that you placed:

MyDadsHouse= "Land_House_L_1_EP1" createVehicle position this; deleteVehicle this; MyDadsHouse setdir 180; MyDadsHouse setVectorUp [0,0,1];

Should work. Hope it helps.

Uowww

Thank you Phronk, this is very helpful. Works great!!!

1st mirror is offline, i have no money left from donations to keep it online. Sorry guys!

You can upload to PWS directly now though, can't you?

hi guys, I am getting issues on clafghan

http://i.imgur.com/UovBR7A.jpg (552 kB)

http://i.imgur.com/KvbhPUk.jpg (569 kB)

any ideas?

edit - I found some posts on page 77 about the water line. will try the fix. as for the trees, that's not normal is it? it just feels like there is a light grey filter over the whole map, even mid range u can see it

Edited by Azer1234

Is there any chance of making PBO's for just Takistan and Chernarus?
hi guys, I am getting issues on clafghan

http://i.imgur.com/UovBR7A.jpg (552 kB)

http://i.imgur.com/KvbhPUk.jpg (569 kB)

any ideas?

edit - I found some posts on page 77 about the water line. will try the fix. as for the trees, that's not normal is it? it just feels like there is a light grey filter over the whole map, even mid range u can see it

Yeah, this map (one of my all time favorites!) really needs some work for A3. The water line, you've already found. You can remove the "colum_vertical_pond.pbo" out of the addons folder and this will fix it but you'll get an error about it missing every time you run the mission (just click through it). The "haze" is just something you have to get used to. It helps to turn up your view distance but unless you are running a super computer you are going to pay for it with FPS loss. I've gotten used to the haze, myself. I run clafghan in the rain and/or fog a lot anyway so it really doesn't bother me. Crank up the wind and just tell yourself it's tree pollen mixed with dust ;)

Seriously though, it would be great if someone, preferably the original authors, did a bit more work on this one. I absolutely love the feel and size of the map and it's hilly enough you can have fire fights between two opposing forces only 400m apart and still separated by a valley. :)

I would love to make additional Addon for A3MP with 3rd party Maps, fixed for A3 but i would need creators permisions etcra.

ahk, glad its not just me then. hope you manage to get permissions alduric. clafghan is one sick map!

I would love to make additional Addon for A3MP with 3rd party Maps, fixed for A3 but i would need creators permisions etcra.

I know at least one of the original developers are still active on these forums (see the FATA thread) and I've personally tried messaging him both on the Clafghan thread and in IM but have had no response yet. Have you tried to reach them with what you propose Alduric?

If I recall rightly the original author of Clafgan lost all the files in an HDD crash..

I don't believe it's possible to make any changes to it any more... Sadly.

SJ

great work Alduric!

I've quickly mocked up a A3Wasteland mission on Chernarus and it all works like a charm! No more AiA hassle! :)

incase anyone is interested: filter ingame on my forumname or the term 'GoT' to find the server :)

Servername: GoT A3Wasteland v0.9F CHERNARUS #1 (mod=@A3MP v1.3a) [DAY/VETERAN/3RDP:ON/VON:ON] (Allowed:CBA/STHUD/FA_STANCE/LANDTEX)

94242.png

http://arma3.swec.se/server/data/94242

I know at least one of the original developers are still active on these forums (see the FATA thread) and I've personally tried messaging him both on the Clafghan thread and in IM but have had no response yet. Have you tried to reach them with what you propose Alduric?

Had no time atm for it. My wishlist is Podagorsk, Fata, Fallujah, Thirsk, Thirsk winter and Namalsk <3 I will send them msg mby at march, or later.

Had no time atm for it. My wishlist is Podagorsk, Fata, Fallujah, Thirsk, Thirsk winter and Namalsk <3 I will send them msg mby at march, or later.

I hadn't realized that those really required much for A3? I know Fata has the same sort of pond error as Clafghan but the others? Meanwhile I stumbled across this:

http://youtu.be/H2JAEyXyhTs

Hell, they finalize a new Visitor and I might build an A3 Clafghan from scratch! :D

Just another couple things to report that you may or may not be aware of already: (tested on Takistan)

• Certain materials, such as glass windows in buildings, do not shatter when shot at and kick up dirt upon impact
  • Trees are made of cardboard and fall over from small amounts of gunfire and some explosions; .50 cals knock them over very easily
  • Mud walls that are commonly found surrounding village complexes can be destroyed with gunfire and very slight vehicle collisions

I hadn't realized that those really required much for A3? I know Fata has the same sort of pond error as Clafghan but the others? Meanwhile I stumbled across this:

http://youtu.be/H2JAEyXyhTs

Hell, they finalize a new Visitor and I might build an A3 Clafghan from scratch! :D

do it! I will seriously pay u $50 AU. or anyone for that matter that gets this map on a3 working nice lol

do it! I will seriously pay u $50 AU. or anyone for that matter that gets this map on a3 working nice lol

Deal xD

Im a man of my word. If u are actually keen then let me know!

Hello,

Only one question for an ignorant...

How can install Fallujah?. Where can I found it?. Because when I edit one missions I can found that map.

Allduric, thanks for you job it gave a new dimension for Arma3.

Hello,

Only one question for an ignorant...

How can install Fallujah?. Where can I found it?. Because when I edit one missions I can found that map.

Allduric, thanks for you job it gave a new dimension for Arma3.

Download from here... http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12315

or

@fallujah.png