alduric

@A3MP - ArmA 3 Map Pack

Isnt ACR include only 2 maps? Bystrica and Bukovina?

some cutouts of the original maps like chernarus and takistan too

What is it that is causing Utes to have such bad ground textures? Can anyone explain?

Isla Duala Lingor and Dingor do have errors sometimes. But I think that IcreBreaker is working on proper A3 versions (yay!)

Isnt ACR include only 2 maps? Bystrica and Bukovina?
Yes it only includes Bystrica and Bukovina (which is a cut-out of Bystrica)

Too bad BIS didn't provide the high def textures, I really love Bystrica

I just wish there was a way to make an addon that removed the pond errors on the maps that have them (or removed the trouble ponds entirely) :(

I'm not saying You're not right, or anything.

It's just, like I've mentioned before - I've been to Norway, for example, including both lowlands and the highest mountains.

And honestly? No difference in lighting, in my opinion.

I have lives 2.5 years in southern Spain and 29 years in Sweden. And I can say that the light differd, a lot! Sweden is way more gray during autumn than Spain which has a more yellow tint. So yes, there is a differens. It is also due to the angle of the sun and rays hitting the atmosphere.

Tried starting arma 3 with this mod and got an error "addon Desert_E requires Addon CA_E. Anyone else get this or can help me with this? Appreciate the help.

1) Do You use AllInArmA?

2) Check if it unpacked right. Winrar sometimes fail to decompress all the files in the .7z(ip) directory

i think i downloaded this pack like 10 times before i got a "Good" version that decompressed like it's suppose to.. I ended up just waiting until it was on PlaywithSix and just got it from there.. no unpacking needed.. no muss no fuss. however, the latest update to playwithsix has rendered it completely useless, playwithsix constantly fucks up and doesnt load the mods for me to browse. i had to find a old version of PwS and delete the old and reinstall the old version...

Some of the download options are multi-part rar files so you only need to unpack one of them and winrar will automatically unpack all three as long as they are in the same folder

1) Do You use AllInArmA?

2) Check if it unpacked right. Winrar sometimes fail to decompress all the files in the .7z(ip) directory

No I dont use AIA and Yes I checked but I deleted it so i have to redownload it again.

@jumbo - lol just downloaded it and was wondering about this so thanks it makes sense now. I am abit disappointed that the dams and ponds in chernarus do not have any water. is this the same for everyone?

and the dams on takistan are black for me. these aren't game breaking but chernos water features are one of the best things bout it.

A2 water layers don't play nicely with A3 - so you either get "evil tar pools of forgetful darkness" i.e. on Takistan, (don't stare at them - they'll see you looking !!!) OR you get horrible black artifacts all over the screen when you turn your viewpoint around. Until someone figures how to fix it - we're stuck with no water...

SJ

shots of AI pass right through walls impossible to play in Fallujah

anyone have any solution?

Erro

fallujah_hou requides addons CABuildings

Thank you soooo much for this!

Chernarus is my favorite Map right now. Super awesome!!! :bounce3:

This is the mod I been waiting for ever to get out. Thank you for making this. With this mod it opens up to a lot of scenario's and gives you the option to experience Arma 3 like never before.

Sorry for the noob question but I'm trying to update Tao Foldmap to have a consistent scale on the small map we can display.

To do that, I need to figure out the map size.

So far, I understood that I can get the size of vanilla A3 maps by getting this: getNumber (configFile>>"CfgWorlds">>worldName>>"mapSize")

It seems that this doesn't work for A3MP maps. Can somebody help me on this ?

Basically, I need to get the map size to calculate the right zoom level of the map (eg map size for stratis is 8192, 30720 for altis).

Thx !

Hey Alduric, what do you have planned for the v1.4 release? Are the lights in the cities in the plans for 1.4? :P

Napf v1.0 is compatible with A3MP, but you'll need to remove the aif_napfobjects.pbo file, since it causes a fatal crash on startup.

I'd be very appreciative if the next version had the following:

• All objects are classified correctly (everything is currently a "House", including walls and rocks)
  • All doors are closed by default (All doors are open by default in current version)
  • Fixed terrain elevation markers on map (Not too big of a deal, but it'd be nice to have fixed)
  • Volumetric fog functionality working (From my tests on Takistan, volumetric fog does not work; maybe the Takistan terrain base is much higher in ArmA 3 than it's supposed to be?)
  • Better pathing work for AI on roads (from tests on Takistan with a tpw script, AI drivers often go offroad when they were already on a road)

I don't expect this stuff to be fixed, but I'd really appreciate you taking the time and dedicating the effort to getting it done. <3