alduric

@A3MP - ArmA 3 Map Pack

maps are crashing because of that, i cant ignore it :(. Sorry to say that, because of all your hard work. Mabye it can be fixed in certain stages of your development.

I have no problems, my community using it and had no crashes. Try delete mod and redownload it as fresh one.

maps are crashing because of that, i cant ignore it :(. Sorry to say that, because of all your hard work. Mabye it can be fixed in certain stages of your development.

And you're certain you don't have AiA files somewhere in there, right? Completely disable A3MP and see if you can still play your A2 maps. Then reinstall the addon. Suggesting this just to make sure you don't have some duplicate files somewhere.

And you're certain you don't have AiA files somewhere in there, right? Completely disable A3MP and see if you can still play your A2 maps. Then reinstall the addon. Suggesting this just to make sure you don't have some duplicate files somewhere.

Yessir, we play since OPF, make missions since OPF and we know what we do :D

We never made use of the AiA - "Modification". The Crashes happen only if we are around the western to north-western part of takistan.

There's one thing that's always bugged me with the A3 lighting and that's that it seems too vivid. Sure it looks nice but it feels more like I'm holiday - it should feel like I'm in the middle of a war zone.

Here's an image to try and show what I mean:

http://i.imgur.com/dYFeWUv.jpg

Now, I don't know what everybody else thinks, but I much prefer the image on the right. Perhaps it's just because I've gotten too used to Arma 2, but the colours (on the right image) just seem more natural and right.

I know a lot of people that still prefer Arma 2, and one of the reasons why is simply because of Arma 3's lighting. A silly reason, I know, but I do agree with them to some degree. After showing them the above image they said they'd definitely play more on the A3MP maps if they looked more like the image on the right.

Does anyone else share the same opinion?

This is mostly a matter of lighting configs. They can be changed. Fabio_Chavez is doing some great work with that for AiA, but I think those lighting configs are not in A3MP.

Sent from my cheap CSAT phone

So, this has probably been asked already but plowing through 90 pages seems a bit heavy.. but i'd like to know if there is a way to use ONLY chernarus out of this pretty awesome mod?

Working on a project that would benefit greatly from the availability of chernarus in arma3, but having 5gb to add to our mod would just be insane.. Any ideas?

So, this has probably been asked already but plowing through 90 pages seems a bit heavy..

Thats what the search function is for ;) and no its not possible.

I'm with Adanteh on this one. But srsly, lighting was always an issue for some of the ArmA islands.

(and like I always said, better released islands with "meh" lighting, then no islands)

And if we are on topic, I would also like to express my disapproval towards one of the things that was suggested earlier.

Someone claimed that on the desert maps, lighting should be more... yellow. You know, just because it's the desert\middle east. And that it would be more realistic. And that, @STR_GuyIdidNotRemember, that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. I don't know what would make You sound such a statement.

And in case You'd find any excuse, to say something like that - I've been to few countries in my life, including African and Scandinavian ones. And somehow my eyes wasn't invaded with the stupid yellow tint in Tunisia for example (and I was in the - literal - desert, I've even cut through a desert-storm in a "HandOver") nor with the desaturated bright white in Norway.

Because, Y'know, we all live under the same sun and the average temperature doesn't change how the light looks, mkay?

Just a counter-view based on my experience of moving between South Africa at very high altitudes i.e. Johannesburg versus down to sea level, say Durban.

The light changes significantly, a combination of altitude and amount of atmosphere between your eyes and the sun.

So whilst we all get the same sunlight, the higher you go the light intensity will change as there is less gas to absorb/filter out certain wavelengths.

In johanneburg higher levels of UV make for a more "blue" bright light that is quite noticable. Compared to a softer "yellow" tinted light down at sea level e.g. Durban.

It's one of the reasons many TV commercials are filmed around J'burg. The light is better for the camera...

SJ

btw I like the takistan light how it is too. :)

I'm with Adanteh on this one. But srsly, lighting was always an issue for some of the ArmA islands.

(and like I always said, better released islands with "meh" lighting, then no islands)

And if we are on topic, I would also like to express my disapproval towards one of the things that was suggested earlier.

Someone claimed that on the desert maps, lighting should be more... yellow. You know, just because it's the desert\middle east. And that it would be more realistic. And that, @STR_GuyIdidNotRemember, that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. I don't know what would make You sound such a statement.

And in case You'd find any excuse, to say something like that - I've been to few countries in my life, including African and Scandinavian ones. And somehow my eyes wasn't invaded with the stupid yellow tint in Tunisia for example (and I was in the - literal - desert, I've even cut through a desert-storm in a "HandOver") nor with the desaturated bright white in Norway.

Because, Y'know, we all live under the same sun and the average temperature doesn't change how the light looks, mkay?

We can meet each other, i need more info but i think - i know how to fix those maps without touching them ( I mean fix night sky )

This is mostly a matter of lighting configs. They can be changed. Fabio_Chavez is doing some great work with that for AiA, but I think those lighting configs are not in A3MP.

Sent from my cheap CSAT phone

Nothing wrong with the vivid lighting.

Nothing wrong with the vivid lighting.

Who said there was anything wrong? If you mean you prefer the vivid lighting, great. Just bear in mind that that is a subjective statement.

Hi everyone, i ve got a question , i need help with A3MP on my server. I ve installed A3MP on my server, putted it into the Arma 3 server folder like this "@A3MP" and i ve added the command line -mod=@A3MP as i did with other mods that works like task force radio but when i launch the server i cannot see it in the arma 3 server browser.It s just not there.As soon as i try to launch it without @A3MP enabeld it reappears...Does someone got an idea of what s going on ? Thanks a lot for your concern.

---------- Post added at 17:01 ---------- Previous post was at 15:14 ----------

I ve found the solution , i m on a linux server, here is my command line to launch the game :

nohup ./arma3server -config=server.cfg -cfg=basic.cfg -name=server.Arma3Profile -mod="@CBA_A3;\@A3MP" -world=empty -port=2302 -noSound

i'm not suggesting anything about this addon or anything but i'd just like to point out that light colour can be different depending on region for one simple reason. reflection.

if the sun shines on a surface that surface will reflect it and send that reflected light not only into your eyes but also onto other objects. it's something used in modern render technologies to mimic reality. if it was as simple as you describe rendering a realistic scene would be a very simple task.

here's an example. http://agarwalchirag.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/with_point.jpeg

you can see this effect in reality if you put something white very close to something red. if the light is strong enough you will see red tint on the white object even if it is matt for the same reason you will see a well defined "copy" of the red object on a chrome object. same effect but more defined.

that's why in a game lighting tweaks might be needed because it's not reality and the game sun is not the real sun much like the materials don't behave like real materials. it's all fake y'know.

just putting that out there.

If you only use Chortles F-35 in VTOL, Hotshotmike´s V-22 (or the incoming version by Sakura_chan) or helos, you´re good to go with the LHD =)

You'll forgive me for not wanting to wade through 90 pages to see if my question has already been answered, I hope.

When I take a look in the editor, I can only see BI maps. I was under the impression that there are several community maps in this pack too, however. How would one find these to create missions on, or have I installed this incorrectly?

You'll forgive me for not wanting to wade through 90 pages to see if my question has already been answered, I hope.

When I take a look in the editor, I can only see BI maps. I was under the impression that there are several community maps in this pack too, however. How would one find these to create missions on, or have I installed this incorrectly?

You need to also download the user maps. This pack should allow you to play many of them, but does not contain them.

Hey when playing on Cherno i notice that the Sky is Pinkish Purple and it just don't look right at all. Do you know what can be causing this to happen to the map? Other A2 maps are fine the ski is blue.

Hey alduric, just wondering was there any progress on the save game issue, is it fixable at all? Just asking as I have a mission using chernarus with a lengthy intro, it would nice to use an autosave here so that it only need be played through once. Cheers.

Nope, im not even touch it yet cuz im not SP player, it will be done when i grab some free time.

Thanks for the reply alduric :) Its a shame but its your work, your call, I can always transfer to altis I suppose. I gather it breaks the campaign save too, though i cant confirm, i havent played it yet. Maybe somebody else with the skills ( I dont have those skills unfortunately ) will look into releasing a maps mod thats compatible with sp, I do love chernarus and the more northern european maps.

Hello to the community ,

I ve got a problem when launching my server with A3MP, the server disapears from the arma 3 server browser.

Here is the command line i use to launch the server :

nohup ./arma3server -config=server.cfg -cfg=basic.cfg -name=server.Arma3Profile -mod=@CBA_A3\;@r3f_armes\;@task_force_radio\;@r3f_uniformes\;@A3MP\ -world=empty -port=2302 -noSound

Do you find an error somewhere ? cause when i launch it like this :

nohup ./arma3server -config=server.cfg -cfg=basic.cfg -name=server.Arma3Profile -mod=@CBA_A3\;@r3f_armes\;@task_force_radio\;@r3f_uniformes\ -world=empty -port=2302 -noSound

it works perfectly with all mods enabeld....

Does anyone know about this issue? THANKS

---------- Post added at 19:51 ---------- Previous post was at 19:47 ----------

i have to say that there a re no space betwen @r3f_uniformes\ it s just that when i paste it appears with a space but there are no space.

Edited by clanrising