alduric

@A3MP - ArmA 3 Map Pack

You could try moving the A3MP_Map_*_Data.pbo files to another folder. All custom islands rely on content that is available in vanilla A2 files, so you'll have to load the PBO's either way.

You could try moving the A3MP_Map_*_Data.pbo files to another folder. All custom islands rely on content that is available in vanilla A2 files, so you'll have to load the PBO's either way.

So true, just realized this, thx :)

Yeah, I have nologs on. Will test. No, problem is not because of my NTFS links (I just link selected folders, like @Thirsk, to a similar NTFS junction in A3 folder).

Sorry I didn't want to be disrespectful. I was under the impression more 3rd party maps would now be included but now I realize it's only the Arma 2 BIS maps.

Anyway, lets say I want to strip down A3MP to just the functionality to be a kind of bridge to other A2 maps? For instance, when I play on Sangin or any other user made A2 map, I don't need to load Chernarus. An addon like yours, but just as a helper to load other A2 maps, would be very helpful. Not sure if AiA still is, but I remember it was overload and tricky.

EDIT: As for the CBA complaining, I tested if removal of -nologs helped: It didn't. At every mission start, it's complaing that A2 content is used and CBA A2 is needed.

This is my mods when I play Alive..:

"c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe" -mod=@CBA_A3;@JSRS2;@sthud_a3;@alive;@status_hud;@a3mp;@Fata;@bcombat;@mcc_sandbox_a3;@tao_foldmap_a3;@BaBe_midTex -nosplash -world=empty -skipIntro -cpuCount=4 -exThreads=7

Yeah he doesn't have the rights to put 3rd party maps in this. But, generally, A2 3rd party maps depend on the A2 vanilla terrains, so having the vanilla terrains allows the 3rd party terrains to work mostly (he needs to change the door UI to point to A3 UI, fix ponds, etc). I don't get that message though. Are you sure your CBA is up to date, and that you're only using the CBA_A3 version (should be beta 4, released last July!)? Also, again, what map(s) are you getting this on? Definitely keep all files of A3MP, as believe it or not all A2 3rd party maps depend on the vanilla maps. Hmm. You know what, I have most of those. Not MCC_Sandbox or TAO Foldmap or ALive. So, my first thought would be to see what happens when you don't use those. TAO Foldmap shouldn't matter (but I don't use it because it lags. Takes forever to come up, drops FPS, etc. Don't know why). But my first guess would be that it's something with Alive or MCC Sandbox. Then again, can't be certain. I'll see again if I get this.

Also, what missions are we talking about?

I can verify this works. Wish there was a fix like this for Aliabad Region... Like some people have said, it's not the entire map that has the bug but it's definitely more prominent in certain specific areas when facing a specific direction.

Thanks for sharing that info, Banky and SnowingJimBob! Can anyone tell me, if I am using PWS, do I remove this pbo from just @clafghan or do I have to remove it (or leave it) in @clafghan > .rsync > .pack > addons folder as well? I'd like to be able to remove this vertical pond pbo without PWS trying to replace it or producing errors from it's loss?

Hmm, seems I have solved it. Must have been cba_a3. My mod manager (Armarize, it uses six network) told me its up to date. Beta 04. But I repaired and updated it, now it still says "Up to date" and beta 04, but now it works. Problem solved. I received the error message in every editor "preview" mission, no matter which map.

Whenever I load a save with this mod running I get an error that says the save is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted even though nothing has changed. Are there any other requirements for the maps to work? I couldn't see any.

I have downloaded it twice now.

It's a known bug, if you wish to save the game don't run this addon.

It's a known bug, if you wish to save the game don't run this addon.

OK, any plan to fix this? I really like the map pack but its a little useless to me at the mo as I tend to play small co-op games and single player.

I was hopping to make a number of missions with these maps but can't if saving is impossible.

you can save missions you've created from the editor, just not single player missions....

You'll have to adapt the missions into chunked down sizes, complete then move on the part 2 etc.

SJ

Just out of interest (I guess I could test myself but I am lazy) how much (if at all?) smaller would this be if the actual maps were removed? I ask purely because I am loving the ability to load community made maps without AiA but I am not too sure if the people I play with would be completely happy with downloading 5GB+ of mods.

Good work though, ArmA 2 maps look amazing in ArmA 3. Its nice to be able to use them without AiA.

Just out of interest (I guess I could test myself but I am lazy) how much (if at all?) smaller would this be if the actual maps were removed? I ask purely because I am loving the ability to load community made maps without AiA but I am not too sure if the people I play with would be completely happy with downloading 5GB+ of mods.

Good work though, ArmA 2 maps look amazing in ArmA 3. Its nice to be able to use them without AiA.

Dude, there's really no point for this mod if the maps aren't in there. For the pbos with only the wrp files and configs, the total size is 472MB. That's a fraction of the total size of this mod (4GB or 5GB + some change). The rest of the files (all 3.5GB or 4.5 GB of them) are all the terrain data that's associated with those maps: plants, rocks, water, etc. So it's really not worth it. Besides, some of the community maps might not work at all without the actual map configs.

The point of this mod is to be a sort of standalone AiA (but only the maps). Meaning you can have the vanilla maps without having to have the other games installed.

@Alduric: fantastic job you've done here, thanks so very much. It's given my game a whole new lease of life being able to play on some of my favourite A2 maps with the beautiful A3 lighting, better animations etc. Apart from the pond object bugs* and the lack of street lighting which I know you're aware of and working on, I've noticed that the night sky on some maps is completely awry - instead of the navy sky with pointlike stars, the sky is pitch black with huge white stars, as though they're all magnified. I've seen this on Chernarus and Raunhofer's Caribou Island. I hope there is a simple fix for this.

Thanks again mate.

* Is there a reason why A3 can't support these objects?

EDIT: I think it might have something to do with the lighting configs for these maps, gun flashlights and car headlights are also extremely bright. Playing with setaperture allows me to get night lighting back to some semblance of normality.

Edited by tpw

Dude, there's really no point for this mod if the maps aren't in there. For the pbos with only the wrp files and configs, the total size is 472MB. That's a fraction of the total size of this mod (4GB or 5GB + some change). The rest of the files (all 3.5GB or 4.5 GB of them) are all the terrain data that's associated with those maps: plants, rocks, water, etc. So it's really not worth it. Besides, some of the community maps might not work at all without the actual map configs.

The point of this mod is to be a sort of standalone AiA (but only the maps). Meaning you can have the vanilla maps without having to have the other games installed.

Just what I expected to be honest, was just kind of wondering if the maps would be of a noticeable size. But anyway it seems the people I was concerned about have no issues with the size so I look forward to running around in the desert and forests again.

I tested CWR2 islands (standalone as per their instructions) and noticed that they work flawlessly. Very good performance, best flashpoint islands on arma 3 so far. Just had to add preview image to them for map selection.

Only problem is a "CA" dependancy error on launch but it doesnt seem to break anything.

Too bad CWR2 team forbids porting their stuff to A3 - it would totally rock having these in A3, they are so well made..

SAP Everon has some horrible performance issues, and that new Everon 2013 is perfect except it has some wierd ground texture bugs where big parts of the map turn white until you get close. Everon 2010 was also good but it crashed to desktop every time i had AI units use waypoints in some parts.

Really wish there would be a good working everon eventually!

Edited by Groshnak

Yeah, I agree we have already All islands from Arma including Sahrani as @smd_sahrani_a2 (working fine with A3MP). Flashpoint islands are the only ones missing :/

I tested CWR2 islands (standalone as per their instructions) and noticed that they work flawlessly. Very good performance, best flashpoint islands on arma 3 so far. Just had to add preview image to them for map selection.

Only problem is a "CA" dependancy error on launch but it doesnt seem to break anything.

Too bad CWR2 team forbids porting their stuff to A3 - it would totally rock having these in A3, they are so well made..

SAP Everon has some horrible performance issues, and that new Everon 2013 is perfect except it has some wierd ground texture bugs where big parts of the map turn white until you get close. Everon 2010 was also good but it crashed to desktop every time i had AI units use waypoints in some parts.

Hello Groshnak, i fix the problem with the Texture load. Only by first start, push M and let the white Dings disappear and the Texture is loading. Works fine now in Game.

Test it.http://armaisland.info/downloads/everon2013_beta.rar

Bye for now

Hotze

from CWR 2 thread

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Read this:

You are NOT allowed to port this Mod (or parts of it) to Arma 3!

We do not make exceptions, so don't even bother to ask!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so please could you guys respect this ?

and do not describe here ways to avoid this rule

Edited by maquez

from CWR 2 thread

he did not port it, as he said he just used the mod made for arma 2 on arma 3, he didnt mess with the mod at all.

Is there any chance of making PBO's for just Takistan and Chernarus?

No, its impossible.

he did not port it, as he said he just used the mod made for arma 2 on arma 3, he didnt mess with the mod at all.

No1 port it lol, its like " DONT USE MY ARMA 2 MOD ON ARMA 3 ".

No, its impossible.

No1 port it lol, its like " DONT USE MY ARMA 2 MOD ON ARMA 3 ".

i see what you did there, plus do you plan on finding a way to re-add lakes without the water line?

Yes, im working on it at the moment. I think, problem is with rvmats, i will make new ones and see what gonna happen. Stay tuned.

Yes, im working on it at the moment. I think, problem is with rvmats, i will make new ones and see what gonna happen. Stay tuned.

i do have a personal idea on what causes the "line" which is that the "pond Vertex" are broken so it does not know where to stop

from CWR 2 thread

Hey mate,

I do respect this, thats why i did not modify the mod to specifically work in A3 and/or release this would-be ported version - i just installed it with this @A3MP mod and noticed that it happens to work really well. No porting needed, it works as it is.

I'm sorry if having unmodified CWR2 files in my A3 folder instead of my A2 folder offends you or someone else.

New version of Everon 2013 crashes to desktop with nvwgf2um.dll error after playing for a moment but thats a known problem with new nvidia drivers and dx10/11 games, just odd that this is the only island bringing it up..

Edited by Groshnak