alduric

@A3MP - ArmA 3 Map Pack

Hey guys, quick question

if I use Play withSIX to update @A3MP, do I have to delete the whole mod and redownload it in order to get the full effect of an update? I've been using PwS to just update the new files, but Alduric says we need to redownload the whole thing. Seems to work fine anyway, but maybe I don't see some fixes

i don't want to troll through 76 pages to find if this has been addressed before (i apologize for being lazy) but does anyone else have a problem with water on these maps? i didn't check Chenarus or Utes where there is a large body of water but on Takistan and the proving grounds i have either black or red ponds and lakes, is that a problem that is common? i see on the 1st page that the black water line is fixed on a couple of maps, is that what i am talking about? i also see it says fixed black lakes on cherno, i am guessing that is what i am talking about, I am running 1.3a of this mod. any info would be great to save me re-installing drivers and re-downloading the 5 gig file again. Thanks in advance.

i don't want to troll through 76 pages to find if this has been addressed before (i apologize for being lazy) but does anyone else have a problem with water on these maps? i didn't check Chenarus or Utes where there is a large body of water but on Takistan and the proving grounds i have either black or red ponds and lakes, is that a problem that is common? i see on the 1st page that the black water line is fixed on a couple of maps, is that what i am talking about? i also see it says fixed black lakes on cherno, i am guessing that is what i am talking about, I am running 1.3a of this mod. any info would be great to save me re-installing drivers and re-downloading the 5 gig file again. Thanks in advance.

you sir have an old version, 1.3 removes those lakes all together

you sir have an old version, 1.3 removes those lakes all together

Well, the black lines are still present on custom maps, and it must be because those still have ponds on them. I assume that that's what you're talking about, where the ponds merely being on the map is the thing that causes the black line error.

@Alduric - is there a way to universally config-out (remove through one config file) all ponds, or do you need to edit the config files of each vanilla map?

Hey guys, quick question

if I use Play withSIX to update @A3MP, do I have to delete the whole mod and redownload it in order to get the full effect of an update? I've been using PwS to just update the new files, but Alduric says we need to redownload the whole thing. Seems to work fine anyway, but maybe I don't see some fixes

No you don't-thats the whole point of PwS. Its just updates whats changed/new :cool:

Can we have each map with seperated link? i'm taking week to download this whole map :(

Useless bit of info but I've had my torrent running for the past 24 hours. In that time I've uploaded/transferred 96.8GB of data to peers.

Great mod keep up the good work. Testing our server with Team Wasteland's A3Wasteland code and A3MP on Chernarus. Looks fantastic :)

alduric, can you tell me how you got the map panthera running? my game crashes everytime when i try to preview it in the editor?

Same problem here . There's no way i can get this map to work :)

small bug ? when i select a mission on altis (its more of a template mission) copy certain triggers and units and try to paste them on chernarus the game hangs i have to ALT TAb out of game and use task manager to kill arma 3 the second time i tried i noticed that when i ALT TAB out of the game and i got back in (by accident taping the arma icon on the taskbar resulting in opening of arma 3 again) suddenly the paste is complete and everything is on the map. i will try this some more to see if i can clear up whats happening but it looks like its a major lag when copy and paste

Having

No entry bin\config.bin\cfgworlds.takistan

probelm in dedicated server

any solution?

Figured

For get to apply in dedicated server :P

Edited by kgino1045

Anyone else experiencing crashes on faysh kahbur with Ibr_dtowns running? or distant satmap issues for the corner of every grid square :/

I'm still getting the "water line bug" on Clafghan. A3MP version 1.3.1, as reported by PWS. It's why I thought I'd try it in A3MP instead of AiA... to get away from that water line bug! :(

I'm still getting the "water line bug" on Clafghan. A3MP version 1.3.1, as reported by PWS. It's why I thought I'd try it in A3MP instead of AiA... to get away from that water line bug! :(

Yeah, I think he only meant for Chernarus and Utes, and I think it's because he removed the ponds, whereas Clafghan, Aliabad, FATA all have ponds (their above ground, or underground like in Aliabad). It's the ponds that're causing the issue.

It's seems all map's lights are out

are you plan to plant those light in future plan?

Yeah, I think he only meant for Chernarus and Utes, and I think it's because he removed the ponds, whereas Clafghan, Aliabad, FATA all have ponds (their above ground, or underground like in Aliabad). It's the ponds that're causing the issue.

IDK what you guys are talking about i downloaded mine with PWS and i havnt seen the water line, maybe your download was currupted

Guys, it is still complaining that it needs cba for Arma 2. But usually I need to load CBA for Arma 3 and IIRC I cannot use both cba's. So I can simply ignore the cba warnings?

Also, why are the A2 maps included? I mean, I can simply NTFS link the Arma 2 maps, and when I load A3MP plus the linked A2 maps (plus neccessary mods), it usually seems to work. Or are the A2 maps included in your package edited in any way? Now we have the same islands in several packages...

People should rather learn how to include ArmA 2 mods without having a full copy, e.g. by using NTFS links.

Edited by tortuosit

Ya, I understand what causes them but I read this in the updated 1.3 info on the first post:

Changelog v1.3:

- Fixed black line error on all maps - Now you can play on Podagorsk, Calfghan and others without black water line problem.

:confused:

---------- Post added at 01:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 AM ----------

IDK what you guys are talking about i downloaded mine with PWS and i havnt seen the water line, maybe your download was currupted

North side of the map (talking about Clafghan here), near the water. It's not everywhere but it's bad enough around the northern towns in places that CQB is a real pain. I too got everything from PWS.

A quick fix for Clafghan is to go in the addons folder of your Clafghan install and just remove the pbo that's named something about pond vertex (sorry, at work so I can't check the actual name) and the waterline will be gone. Works fine for me anyway, and doesn't throw up any errors about it missing either.

A quick fix for Clafghan is to go in the addons folder of your Clafghan install and just remove the pbo that's named something about pond vertex (sorry, at work so I can't check the actual name) and the waterline will be gone. Works fine for me anyway, and doesn't throw up any errors about it missing either.

I can verify this works. Wish there was a fix like this for Aliabad Region... Like some people have said, it's not the entire map that has the bug but it's definitely more prominent in certain specific areas when facing a specific direction.

Ya, I understand what causes them but I read this in the updated 1.3 info on the first post:

:confused:

---------- Post added at 01:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 AM ----------

North side of the map (talking about Clafghan here), near the water. It's not everywhere but it's bad enough around the northern towns in places that CQB is a real pain. I too got everything from PWS.

Well then Alduric was just wrong. AngelWingGamingJacob just missed it then, just like Alduric. Because you can't see it everywhere and at every angle. So it's easy to miss. But when it does show up, it's terrible.

---------- Post added at 12:32 ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 ----------

I can verify this works. Wish there was a fix like this for Aliabad Region... Like some people have said, it's not the entire map that has the bug but it's definitely more prominent in certain specific areas when facing a specific direction.

When flying at a certain angle, and at high altitudes, sometimes the pond will show up. It's like under the map.

---------- Post added at 12:35 ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 ----------

Guys, it is still complaining that it needs cba for Arma 2. But usually I need to load CBA for Arma 3 and IIRC I cannot use both cba's. So I can simply ignore the cba warnings?

Also, why are the A2 maps included? I mean, I can simply NTFS link the Arma 2 maps, and when I load A3MP plus the linked A2 maps (plus neccessary mods), it usually seems to work. Or are the A2 maps included in your package edited in any way? Now we have the same islands in several packages...

People should rather learn how to include ArmA 2 mods without having a full copy, e.g. by using NTFS links.

Do you have -nologs in your startup parameters? Asking, because, I do, and I don't see warnings like that. Not sure if it's because of that or not. But I don't get that. The whole POINT of this mod is to include the A2 maps. You clearly missed the point of this mod. It's so that you can have the terrains without having to have an installed copy of A2. If you want that method, go download AiA instead. Maybe your problem is that you're trying to use this mod AND use your NTFS links as well. Pick one or the other.

Very good work !

This work is fantastic ! Thanks modding team !

Edited by Drakedaeron

Do you have -nologs in your startup parameters? Asking, because, I do, and I don't see warnings like that. Not sure if it's because of that or not. But I don't get that. The whole POINT of this mod is to include the A2 maps. You clearly missed the point of this mod. It's so that you can have the terrains without having to have an installed copy of A2. If you want that method, go download AiA instead. Maybe your problem is that you're trying to use this mod AND use your NTFS links as well. Pick one or the other.

Yeah, I have nologs on. Will test. No, problem is not because of my NTFS links (I just link selected folders, like @Thirsk, to a similar NTFS junction in A3 folder).

Sorry I didn't want to be disrespectful. I was under the impression more 3rd party maps would now be included but now I realize it's only the Arma 2 BIS maps.

Anyway, lets say I want to strip down A3MP to just the functionality to be a kind of bridge to other A2 maps? For instance, when I play on Sangin or any other user made A2 map, I don't need to load Chernarus. An addon like yours, but just as a helper to load other A2 maps, would be very helpful. Not sure if AiA still is, but I remember it was overload and tricky.

EDIT: As for the CBA complaining, I tested if removal of -nologs helped: It didn't. At every mission start, it's complaing that A2 content is used and CBA A2 is needed.

This is my mods when I play Alive..:

"c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe" -mod=@CBA_A3;@JSRS2;@sthud_a3;@alive;@status_hud;@a3mp;@Fata;@bcombat;@mcc_sandbox_a3;@tao_foldmap_a3;@BaBe_midTex -nosplash -world=empty -skipIntro -cpuCount=4 -exThreads=7

Edited by tortuosit