alduric

@A3MP - ArmA 3 Map Pack

@UP

Yes but its need a lot of time for me. I will work on it in v1.4

alduric, can you tell me how you got the map panthera running? my game crashes everytime when i try to preview it in the editor?

Is it just me or does the sky seem a little dark, on all of these maps, even when everything is set to be as bright as possible?

Dude, release hotfixes as well. You only updated one file, A3MP_Utils17.pbo, so it'd be nice (can't make you do anything) to give users the option to just download that one file instead of having to download the whole thing again. Just a suggestion. Not saying you have to. It'd just be really nice ;)

Dude, release hotfixes as well. You only updated one file, A3MP_Utils17.pbo, so it'd be nice (can't make you do anything) to give users the option to just download that one file instead of having to download the whole thing again. Just a suggestion. Not saying you have to. It'd just be really nice ;)
Alduric did before but I guess there were too many issues reported because of not cleaning folders properly before updating. Also some license elements changed. Btw also the readme and mod.cpp were updated.

I suppose you could use the torrent to update existing data so you only download new and changed files,

but if you love patches I would recommend getting it withSIX;

not only will it only download changed and new files, it will also delta patch existing files to further minimize time and bandwidth.

231 KB for recent update :)

Edited by Sickboy

Play withSIX is solution for ppl who wants hotfix. I had no time to play with making small patch, it was way easier to make new upload this time, sorry guys :)

Alduric did before but I guess there were too many issues reported because of not cleaning folders properly before updating. Also some license elements changed. Btw also the readme and mod.cpp were updated.

I suppose you could use the torrent to update existing data so you only download new and changed files,

but if you love patches I would recommend getting it withSIX;

not only will it only download changed and new files, it will also delta patch existing files to further minimize time and bandwidth.

231 KB for recent update :)

blah. I don't use PwS because, for some odd reason that I haven't figured out, the program runs very slowly (menus slow to come up, mouse lag) on my PC. But I've got pretty good internet connection, so it doesn't take more than 20-25 minutes to download all 4 GB of the mod :p

blah. I don't use PwS because, for some odd reason that I haven't figured out, the program runs very slowly (menus slow to come up, mouse lag) on my PC. But I've got pretty good internet connection, so it doesn't take more than 20-25 minutes to download all 4 GB of the mod :p

Aww, why didn't you let us know any sooner :)

That's a known compatibility issue with certain 3rd party software, usually a matter of excluding withSIX-Play.exe from the 3rd party software :)

https://getsatisfaction.com/withsix/topics/graphics_related_utilities_can_cause_graphical_corruption_crash_on_startup_or_performance_issues

In case we need to inspect a little deeper I would love to take it on but it would be off-topic for A3MP topic ;-)

Hotzenplotz - You made this Everon :)? It looks great with A3MP!

yes i made :o

I love to include it into A3MP in 1.4 - it looks supa upa rly.

I love to include it into A3MP in 1.4 - it looks supa upa rly.
No disrespect to Hotzenplotz or your work, but I would recommend to stick with official islands only and thus having A3MP as the bridge to A2 islands and to have the original ones available in A3,

growing your pack even larger than it already is seems crazy and only hurts flexibility and management.

It seems to be outside of the scope, unless you take the name rather literally? :)

Better to make/manage collections with individual mods, than to have a single mod folder include all kinds, IMO. Especially with apropriate tools around.

We're going to release creating, managing and sharing mod collections as another prime feature of our platform in the next few weeks.

Making A3MP as a dependency to a mod is already possible and should imo be the recommended approach.

Edited by Sickboy

A question regarding the new update. You mentioned some fixed keys? Does that mean the issue with loading saved games is fixed?

No, mod supporting Multiplayer with secured servers now.

I got this as well. I removed the old A3MP folder and installed the new one.
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/17/jfn3.png (104 kB)

How can I remove the black/grey small line in the top left of my screen?

It only does it on woodland islands.

I am running CBA A3

Guys this is a CBA bug, not related to the A3MP. It is known and will hopefully be fixed on the next CBA update.

A question regarding the new update. You mentioned some fixed keys? Does that mean the issue with loading saved games is fixed?

don't think that's ever going away. A3MP might cause this, but CBA definitely causes this, at least for me.

The map pack is getting extremely large.It may pay you to have

@A3MP

@A3MP_A

@A3MP_B

where the original @A3MP only consists of the B.I official islands

@A3MP_A

@A3MP_B

consists of 3rd party islands

and then when you decide to update a small file, we dont have to download gigs of addons

not all "Servers" have unlimited bandwidth useage (Nearly 10gb in 2 days ouch!)

it may also help you manage your content better

If you play this right, you will end up creating a community wide defacto map pack

Edited by Terox

@Terox; Superficially it sounds nice, but in practice why would you go through the hassle of duplicating mods into a single or few folders, that work perfectly fine by themselves in their own mod folder.

You don't need a large monolithic structure to accomplish a standard. A collection / set can be a standard too.

If you also introduce specific version locking to elements of the collection (or bundle if you will),

it provides in essence the same as that monolithic pack, but without all the downsides, and with a lot of upsides, and all individual elements in tact, in their own folder, managed by it's author.

--

The problems with the updates can be easily solved by either manually creating update zips (there were just 5 files changed in total for instance this time),

or tools like SIX can take care of this for you.

@Oktyabr below;

Really? I didn't know that! Niiiiiiiiiiiice.

Available in 1.13 beta releases; http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?170241-A3MP-ArmA-3-Map-Pack&p=2601952&viewfull=1#post2601952

Edited by Sickboy

@Terox

Also the map pack doesn't have the 3rd party maps in it. They are just available to use in A3 as separate mods- the map pack allows the game to read the old Arma2 map files.

@A3MP has all the B.I. Arma2 islands. If you run this mod, you can also access a host of Arma2 custom islands by loading their mod afterwards. Or use PwS which automatically fills the "Islands" section with Arma2 islands once you 'load' the @A3MP mod into a collection.

Or use PwS which automatically fills the "Islands" section with Arma2 islands once you 'load' the @A3MP mod into a collection.

Really? I didn't know that! Niiiiiiiiiiiice.