alduric

@A3MP - ArmA 3 Map Pack

Okay guys, im working on v1.3 What i have already done:

- Fixed black line error on all maps - Now you can play on Podagorsk, Calfghan and others without black water line problem.

- Fixed problem with black lakes on cherno (Exchange with nice glade's)

- Working on city lights ( still have problem with it )

- Fixed black line error on all maps - Now you can play on Podagorsk, Calfghan and others without black water line problem.

Does that mean that if I download a2 version of Podagorsk, or any other island it will run ok, without any *water bugs* ?

Already working, im runing now on podagors :) But there is one BUT Lakes are glade's on all maps. I think its fair trade + its looks normal and better than black errored lakes.

:O How'd you do it?

Fixed black line error on all maps, nice.

And dont forget to add this to your maps configs so the Chernarus and other maps can be compatible with MCC Sanbox. :)

BTW regarding map pack that aren't working:

ArmA 3 introduced new config variable called: mapSize.

As for example Stratis is mapSize = 8192;

New map modders should add the mapSize to the CfgWorld I can write a work around but I prefer getting in line with ArmA 3 configs instead.

Regards.

What is MCC Sandbox?

Mission Control Center; It lets you build missions on the fly and edit mid operation which leads to some fun operations; Like me and Jacob have been doing

Okay, after whole night bug with black water line is 100% fixed. I tested over 22 ArmA 2 Maps and all of those works without it :)

are you planning to include these maps to your pack?

or is there a way of manually doing this?

are you planning to include these maps to your pack?

or is there a way of manually doing this?

He can't include those maps without permission from the authors.

Looking forward to this. This is going to be must have mod. :)

He can't include those maps without permission from the authors.

Adding names/links to maps that he has tested would be acceptable, no?

@tyl3r99

You only have to download the mod map for arma2 you want to play, add the @mapname into your arma 3 installation folder, activate it in game and you are good to go.

@tyl3r99

You only have to download the mod map for arma2 you want to play, add the @mapname into your arma 3 installation folder, activate it in game and you are good to go.

You generally get a tonne of issues not to mention lack of proper Arma 3 graphics. The only way forward is for the community to properly "convert" maps but I think there's help missing from BI on how to do this properly. Night lights I heard is an issue as well.

@tyl3r99

ohhh okay hmm i would rather somone convert them like maybe alduric asks permission from some authers :)

I didnt notice " tone " of issues, maps like fallujah, podagorsk, namalsk, calfghan, torabora, aliabad, thirsk and more working fine. Night lights are issue that i dont know how to solve, so sorry guys.

Is there a link for only the MP keys, since I downloaded the Maps and deleted without unpacking the keys.

I really need them and don't really want to download maps all again.

One of the keys isn't signed correctly for v1.2 so they aren't any use...

If u to use server keys, u need to download v1.1 or pray that we get a hotfix or a new version soon

Alduric, i love how this mod turned out once i finally got to dl it correctly (thanks PWS team), and i'd like to say the mod compatibility is very good

Heres a list of maps ranking in order of what i would reccomend to play on

1. Taviana (the new lighting makes this place heavenly to me)

2. PR FATA 10x10 Km

3. SMD Sahrani

4. Clafghan

5. Namalsk (if only the mutants work i would flip for this)

7. Island Klurs

8. Panthera (the grass is too green for me on A3)

9. Fallujah

10. Ovaron island (town names are my only complaint here)

Alduric,

great job on this.

Are you aware the config for all towns in Zargabad have raduis A and B set to 100? Or is this how it always was?

I don't have A2:OA installed to check right now.

when using this kind of script

{ private ["_town","_sizeX","_sizeY","_LargestAxis"];_LargestAxis=0;		_town = text _x;
	_sizeX = getNumber (configFile >> "CfgWorlds" >> worldName >> "Names" >> (text _x) >> "radiusA");
	_sizeY = getNumber (configFile >> "CfgWorlds" >> worldName >> "Names" >> (text _x) >> "radiusB");

//(*****Do stuff here*****)

} forEach nearestLocations [getArray (configFile >> "CfgWorlds" >> worldName >> "centerPosition"), "NameCityCapital","NameLocal","NameCity","NameVillage","Strategic","CityCenter","NameMarine"], 25000]; 

it makes it a little difficult to detect the correct size of a town without having to check for the farthest building from the centre

using something like this from Mantis (here)