alduric

@A3MP - ArmA 3 Map Pack

did you know that you can port it over using AiA? I've done that and it looks pretty smart tbh. Not all the maps work, I will point this out. I know panthera doesn't either, tried sooo many times.

Has there been talk of falluja being ported over yet, that would be nice. there are a number of afghan style maps I'd like to see tbh. FATA, Kunar, Helmand, Esbekistan. all would look sweet in A3.

Thanks. I missed that one. I went to play-with-six and added CLAfghan to the All-in-ArmA file I've made .... loaded up the game and CLAfghan was on my editor list of maps. It didn't look to bad, but the map still needs a lot of work.

did you know that you can port it over using AiA? I've done that an it looks pretty smart tbh. Not all the maps work, I will point this out. I know panthera doesn't either, tried sooo many times.

Has there been talk of falluja being ported over yet, that would be nice. there are a number of afghan style maps I'd like to see tbh. FATA, Kunar, Helmand, Esbekistan. all would look sweet in A3.

Helmand works pretty well already. Only thing is that the trees are a bit too green.

I think I'll give helmand a blast then and see what its like. I know Sangin from A2 is nice too. I get a huuuuuge FPS count on that map. Come to think of it I have tried out FATA before and I know that worked. Its not bad tbh.

EDIT: just tried esbekistan that works too.

Edited by SpookyGnu

did you know that you can port it over using AiA? I've done that an it looks pretty smart tbh. Not all the maps work, I will point this out. I know panthera doesn't either, tried sooo many times.

Porting Clafghan over to A3 using AiA??? I thought I read every page in both this thread and the AiA one... did I miss a tutorial somewhere?

I used pw6 and added Claffghan to my AIA collection, load the editor and there it wsa, went in game and there I was in the hills of Semighanistan!

I thought I was in the AIA thread earlier, as these topics kinda cross over with speak about the same maps.

Just had a proper play test on FATA and Esbek in helos and fixed wing. there seems to be a big black line running through the middle of the screen on my game so if you do play this I'd see what yours is like too. Without getting too off topic on the thread, I am reiterating what I said earliewr about those two maps.

Continued in AIA thread! http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?152706-All-in-Arma-(AiA)-TKOH-OA-A2-A1-merge-with-A3&p=2593479&viewfull=1#post2593479

Edited by SpookyGnu
Keeping thread on topic

I'd like to see a full overhaul of Fallujah. It's a great map, but needs some extra ambiance and life put into it before it's ready for A3.

Al-Quida is taking it back right now.... The map would be very relevant these days.... truly current.

Panthera Works on this not AiA, this fixes alot of problems that were impossible atm in AiA

do you just place the pantera pbo in the a3map pack folder then? I'm guessing yes???

Al-Quida is taking it back right now.... The map would be very relevant these days.... truly current.

I agree! We need some Al-Quida units for A3, stat!

do you just place the pantera pbo in the a3map pack folder then? I'm guessing yes???

No.....i just put the mod from ArmA II into the ArmA III folder, and i downloaded panthera from armaholic

I used pw6 and added Claffghan to my AIA collection, load the editor and there it wsa, went in game and there I was in the hills of Semighanistan!

I thought I was in the AIA thread earlier, as these topics kinda cross over with speak about the same maps.

Just had a proper play test on FATA and Esbek in helos and fixed wing. there seems to be a big black line running through the middle of the screen on my game so if you do play this I'd see what yours is like too. Without getting too off topic on the thread, I am reiterating what I said earliewr about those two maps.

Continued in AIA thread! http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?152706-All-in-Arma-(AiA)-TKOH-OA-A2-A1-merge-with-A3&p=2593479&viewfull=1#post2593479

Yeah it's the waterline bug. Some maps, like Helmand or the vanilla A2/OA maps, don't have the issue, but most others do. I know Aliabad and Hazarkot (awesome maps IMO) have the same issue. Not sure how to fix those issues though.

No.....i just put the mod from ArmA II into the ArmA III folder, and i downloaded panthera from armaholic

Yeah i'm not sure where this AiA is coming from? If you want to try an Arma2 island into Arma3?

Just run @A3MP -copy & paste any of your island mod folders(our d/load) from Arma2 to your Arma3 -run em as mods and your good to go.

The only issue ive seen so far is the floating water bug in FDF Padogorsk :cool:

Yeah it's the waterline bug. Some maps, like Helmand or the vanilla A2/OA maps, don't have the issue, but most others do. I know Aliabad and Hazarkot (awesome maps IMO) have the same issue. Not sure how to fix those issues though.

There's a version for AIA at the bottom of the first post which takes out the ponds so you don't get the waterline. Works for A3MP as well.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?148400-WIP-F-A-T-A-Federally-Administred-Tribal-Areas-Pakist%C3%A1n

Yeah buts there's no water in that big ol' river - or street lamps (or any sort of electricity for that matter). Come to think of it, does the A2 version have water in that river? Never saw the map in A2.

Edit: looking at the map thread - am I going crazy or is there no water in that river at all? I didn't know that was by design if that's the case, but the lack of light is still an issue - unless that too is by design.

There's a version for AIA at the bottom of the first post which takes out the ponds so you don't get the waterline. Works for A3MP as well.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?148400-WIP-F-A-T-A-Federally-Administred-Tribal-Areas-Pakist%C3%A1n

Oh. So it's the ponds? Now, question is, is there a universal way to remove the A2 ponds from ALL maps?

Oh. So it's the ponds? Now, question is, is there a universal way to remove the A2 ponds from ALL maps?

Dont think so, i spend few days on this problem...i love podagorsk..and u know...that waterline bug

Alduric thx for the release.

@AngelWingGamingJacob

How you get pantera working, i did the same but no success.

The map loads but when i place a unit on the map and want a preview ingame arma3 is crashing.

I have the problems with all Icebreakr maps.

What i get to working is sahrani,fallujah,namalsk,celle2,miroslav,clafghan.

Test some more and let you know.

That's not it - they are signed with the current (v2) method. It's just that one of the addon signatures is bad - "A3MP_Utils17.pbo.alduric.bisign".

The fix is to simply re-generate that one signature file and issue it as a hotfix.

That's even better and easier to fix. Please Alduric, make your handsome mod usable for the multiplayer-community. A lot of server owner would appreciate this!

Alduric, thank you for bringing back Chernarus to Arma!! Hope you doing well!

Any chernarus servers out there?

BIS has to fix the pond problem allready!!!

please vote for the tickes in my signature, they are both A2 map compatibility related!

Alduric thx for the release.

@AngelWingGamingJacob

How you get pantera working, i did the same but no success.

The map loads but when i place a unit on the map and want a preview ingame arma3 is crashing.

I have the problems with all Icebreakr maps.

What i get to working is sahrani,fallujah,namalsk,celle2,miroslav,clafghan.

Test some more and let you know.

It may be something went wrong with your A3MP download, try reinstalling

Well after a tremendous battle for consistent internet connection and a couple dayss wait i have finally gotten this mod working - and it was well worth the time and trouble.

Great job mate I really appreciate the time and effort you have put into this.

Any chernarus servers out there?

EUTW has a nice CTI server using A3MP Chernarus.

b_560_95_1.png

It just needs more players... ;)