alduric

@A3MP - ArmA 3 Map Pack

Alduric, there are lights in cities, towns and villages though. Heh. If you can get permission to alter and include FATA and Clafghan it would be awesome to fight there again. Especially with the proper lights. ;)

You can already play on it when you active A3MP mod. Just on CLAfghan for exemple you may have a dark wave on the screen.

I can't "savegame" when using your mod!

It saves but when you load it will just spawn a camera where player was last saved.

Edit: its not your mod that is breaking savegame...its CBA.

Edited by Grillob3

You can already play on it when you active A3MP mod. Just on CLAfghan for exemple you may have a dark wave on the screen.

Yeah, I know, but its without the AiA lighting and that weird dark wave/trip wire thing. It would be awesome to have it prettied and polished up.

I'm not sure if this has been addressed, but has anyone ever got the "Sand Dune" error on Takistan?

2014-01-04_00001.jpg

On both All in Arma and Arma 3 Map Pack, they both throw this error. Any advice on how to fix this? Thanks

Edited by rehtus777
grammar fix

I'm not sure if this has been addressed, but has anyone ever got the "Sand Dune" error on Takistan?

http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z385/rehtus/2014-01-04_00001.jpg

On both All in Arma and Arma 3 Map Pack, they both throw this error. Any advice on how to fix this? Thanks

Thats not an error thats how the terrain generates at the edge of the map

Thats not an error thats how the terrain generates at the edge of the map

I ran across this video the other day and noticed that the "Sand Dunes" are not there.

I saw the same thing on Clafghan in A2:OA as well. not sure if it a per user thing on the day or something in the map config

I saw the same thing on Clafghan in A2:OA as well. not sure if it a per user thing on the day or something in the map config

So, what you're saying is that this is NOT normal....correct?

Ever since All-In-Arma came out in April, I've always seen the "Sand Dune" error. I've got to wonder if I need to re-download A2:AO. I'll wait a day or two and see if someone has a solution. Thanks for your reply.

I`m also having these map edges with A3MP but as I`m new to Arma, I thought this would be normal for maps which are not an island like the orginal A3 maps. Takistan espacially looks disturbing in air.

ArmA 2 generates infinite rolling hills at the terrain limits, this is most likely caused by ArmA 3's lack of whatever system was used to do that in A2.

Encountering this aswell...

Anyone able to confirm they have addon working on a server with verify signatures = 2 ?

Thx

Same here

Even with verifySignatures=1

I ran across this video the other day and noticed that the "Sand Dunes" are not there.

that is a VERY early video of the Allinarma mod, they had to remove those dunes and leave us with the stretched ones because it caused users to crash when using it, it is NOT a bug it is a feature to keep people from crashing their games,i can find the section of the changelog if i have to

Edit: this was part of the changelog for the 2013-6-13 version, way long ago "Task #72071: Disable infinite terrain for the time being to stop most terrains crash."

Edited by AngelWingGamingJacob

Hey, I really like your maps, they work well and apart from those infinite sand dunes people are already talking about, there are no issues at all! But is it possible for you to include the "Army of the Czech republic" (A2:ACR) maps? Ich really like bukovina from that dlc and would like to have it in ArmA 3 again! And thanks again for the great work so far!

It's only too bad Takistan can't be larger... but still a nice map :)

It's only too bad Takistan can't be larger... but still a nice map :)

+1

Takistan is my favorite map. Two big reasons: 1) The map reminds me of Afghanistan. Considering the current events of the War, the map hits home. 2) The map is friendly to my PC. The terrain looks great and there aren't very many geometric shapes to bog down my FPS. I wish it was twice as large with more mountains. There is an Afghanistan Mountains map out there, but it needs work.

A future map I would like to see is either in Western Europe or the USA with the town's looking more like the BF4 towns. I've always thought that Arma was a great "out in the country" game, while BF4 is more geared toward an urban map. BF4's country side doesn't look so hot, but their cities look good. Hopefully, Arma 4 will have the latest and greatest engine to where urban towns will look more modern. But ArmA's countryside is second to none.

+1

Takistan is my favorite map. Two big reasons: 1) The map reminds me of Afghanistan. Considering the current events of the War, the map hits home. 2) The map is friendly to my PC. The terrain looks great and there aren't very many geometric shapes to bog down my FPS. I wish it was twice as large with more mountains. There is an Afghanistan Mountains map out there, but it needs work.

Down in the valleys it does but it still needs some mountains, I mean real mountains to fully sell me though, but as said I like it anyway, it's just again... small. DBO's Afghan map is alright but needs some more work before I like that one.

Down in the valleys it does but it still needs some mountains, I mean real mountains to fully sell me though, but as said I like it anyway, it's just again... small. DBO's Afghan map is alright but needs some more work before I like that one.

Check out this video...the environment looks just like Takistan. When I first saw it, I was floored by how close this video looked like Takistan....but without the "sand dune" error. :p I hope they can fix that error....it's such a great map and looks so sweet with this Map Pack mod. I've been playing this map more than the new maps (of course, the new maps are awesome).

Edited by rehtus777
Spelling correction

I adore Clafghan as my #1 pick for "Afghan like" (having never been there). I'd love to see that converted/ported to run in A3 natively.

I adore Clafghan as my #1 pick for "Afghan like" (having never been there). I'd love to see that converted/ported to run in A3 natively.

Yes, I agree.... Clafghan looks very much like Afghanistan. And I hope they port it over....it's a classic.

Yes, I agree.... Clafghan looks very much like Afghanistan. And I hope they port it over....it's a classic.

Level/flatten some of the roads so trucks can make it all the way across the map and Clafghan has my vote!!

boggler;2593109']@Alduric

Unfortunately it seems you signed your addon with an outdated method. All servers which use verifysignatures=2 are not able to use your mod. Please be so kind and fix it :o

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?118193-DSutils-v2-release-%28signatures%29

That's not it - they are signed with the current (v2) method. It's just that one of the addon signatures is bad - "A3MP_Utils17.pbo.alduric.bisign".

The fix is to simply re-generate that one signature file and issue it as a hotfix.

Okay guys today i lost my harddrive, i will not comment my luck....1.3 is delayed...i have to start all over again.

did you know that you can port it over using AiA? I've done that an it looks pretty smart tbh. Not all the maps work, I will point this out. I know panthera doesn't either, tried sooo many times.

Has there been talk of falluja being ported over yet, that would be nice. there are a number of afghan style maps I'd like to see tbh. FATA, Kunar, Helmand, Esbekistan. all would look sweet in A3.

Has there been talk of falluja being ported over yet, that would be nice.

I'd like to see a full overhaul of Fallujah. It's a great map, but needs some extra ambiance and life put into it before it's ready for A3.