alduric

@A3MP - ArmA 3 Map Pack

is it just me or does this mod conflict badly with Blastcore? I haven't tried disabling it yet, but it seems to cause a lot of weirdness when I have Blastcore enabled. smoke grenades cover way too much area (particles are much bigger than they need to be), and some effects just shoot straight upward into the sky.

My apologies for being too lazy / busy / lazy for testing this myself, but can anyone confirm this?

My apologies for being too lazy / busy / lazy for testing this myself, but can anyone confirm this?

He probably (99%) use v1.0 where was a big particle problem.

alduric - this looks excellent but any chance of a single file, updated (to current version) and non torrent download for this mod?

As far as Blastcore goes, it turns out the smoke effects are actually that big. It seems to be a bit of a problem, but it's unrelated to @A3MP.

Did a little digging to see if I could figure out what was causing this. I've never had AIA installed so it was weird seeing an error referring to it. Just for fun, I downloaded the base AIA files and put aia_worlds.pbo, aia_core.pbo and loadaftera3data_c_pvpscene.pbo in the addons folder of my server and client (chose these files based on errors I was receiving upon loading aia_worlds by itself), along with bisign and bikey files. Interestingly, I was then able to at least get into the server lobby where before it would freeze up on loading, spamming the message about aia_worlds_ambient in the .rpt. Unfortunately (and unsurprisingly), the server crashes when trying to load the map. It generated a minidump file upon crashing but I'm not sure how to extract any information from those.

It does seem there are some dependencies on AIA files for Chernarus at least--I haven't tried the other maps yet.

Alduric, any ideas?

So this appears to only happen on dedicated servers, not a locally hosted server... a friend was able to join when we tried this and it worked fine. Has anyone else successfully run these maps on a dedicated server?

@messfunkt: all the time, and we don't have problems.

only problem so far was, that units executing animations with the BIS_fnc_ambientanim despawn as soon as a player JIP's, but i don't know if this has anything to do with the maps, and i don't really suspect them.

Also, the trees in Chernarus look really strange. They don't look good from afar, kind of like paper. What's up with that?

Also, the trees in Chernarus look really strange. They don't look good from afar, kind of like paper. What's up with that?

that's the distance lod from the A2 Trees. they look worse in A2.

@messfunkt: all the time, and we don't have problems.

only problem so far was, that units executing animations with the BIS_fnc_ambientanim despawn as soon as a player JIP's, but i don't know if this has anything to do with the maps, and i don't really suspect them.

Thanks a lot for confirming. Kind of new to running servers and was so caught up in there being more to the issue that I didn't go back to basics--@a3mp wasn't even properly loaded in my mod list. I should probably be banned from video games :P

that's the distance lod from the A2 Trees. they look worse in A2.

I don't remember it looking that bad. They seem to almost disappear in Arma 3 unless I have ATOC turned on. I don't think it was ever that bad.

So this appears to only happen on dedicated servers, not a locally hosted server... a friend was able to join when we tried this and it worked fine. Has anyone else successfully run these maps on a dedicated server?

I have v1.1 running on a dedicated server without any issues at all.

Actual version: 1.1

Hey, your first post actually lacks information about what this addon is and what it offers! AFAIK its a stripped down AIA with only maps on it? Which maps? I see in your screenshots Chernarus, Takistan, Zargabad, Utes...? I wish I can use Sangin, so is it possible to use it with this? have not downloaded yet but super excited... TIA.

I don't remember it looking that bad. They seem to almost disappear in Arma 3 unless I have ATOC turned on. I don't think it was ever that bad.

on my end, it was, always.

perhaps it is how our hardware interpretes it with alle the DX shaders and stuff

I wish I can use Sangin, so is it possible to use it with this?

Sangin has worked for me since day 1 of the alpha without aia, all I done was get the pbo's needed to run it and run them as an addon if anything this pack throws up errors for missing clutter and plants from the pmc dlc addons that don't seem to be in here.

So the get around is put just the pmc plants roads and structures in with this pack and you should be good for no errors on sangin Not to hijack this thread but wait out as sangin A3 is nearly here so hopefully ill just swap the missing clutter to a3 clutter and then should run fine with this pack.

Cheers op great job on the terrain pack.

OK, thanks Smoke, good news that Sangin A3 is almost finished.

Anyone here have issues with the map pack and Dynamic Universal War System? I can start a DUWS campaign on Cherno, but if I save and exit, and then try to resume later, I get a message saying I cannot play/edit mission because it is dependent on downloadable content that was deleted.

hey a little off topic, but where can i get Takistan Insurgency and Domination on A3?

You've got to port an Altis Domi to the new map :)

There's a topic on this.

Anyone here have issues with the map pack and Dynamic Universal War System? I can start a DUWS campaign on Cherno, but if I save and exit, and then try to resume later, I get a message saying I cannot play/edit mission because it is dependent on downloadable content that was deleted.

Unfortunatly, you can´t save - A3MP is for MP only and saving/loading doesn´t work due to config errors that create dependancy of some A2 addons that prevent a reload/load of a savedgame... better use the respawn module =)

"Error (509)

This account's public links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!"

Use solidfiles.com, "file hosting without the bullshit".

Hey, your first post actually lacks information about what this addon is and what it offers! AFAIK its a stripped down AIA with only maps on it? Which maps? I see in your screenshots Chernarus, Takistan, Zargabad, Utes...? I wish I can use Sangin, so is it possible to use it with this? have not downloaded yet but super excited... TIA.

It's not just a stripped down AiA. AiA requires you to actually have Arma 2, Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead, and the DLCs, giving you islands/terrains, vehicles, units, modules, etc. What this mod does is takes AiA, removes the units, vehicles, modules, etc, adds the A2/OA terrain pbos, and gives you a standalone version of AiA. Call it AiA Worlds or something like that. That's what it is. So, essentially, yes, it is a stripped down AiA with only maps, but it's that plus all the required Arma 2/Operation Arrowhead files so that you aren't required to purchase those games. Because including those files is the real big difference between this and AiA.

Hi ... I tried AIA, but this is MUCH cleaner (I know its just the maps). Thanks very much. I'm taking a fall vacation Chenarus! BTW, the torrent download worked great! Is it gone now? I don't see the torrent links anymore.

;2584872']Unfortunatly' date=' you can´t save - A3MP is for MP only and saving/loading doesn´t work due to config errors that create dependancy of some A2 addons that prevent a reload/load of a savedgame... better use the respawn module =)[/quote']

What is the respawn module? I'm noob to Arma.