alduric

@A3MP - ArmA 3 Map Pack

I appreciate it a lot. I just thought it may be a good idea to split each map for separate downloads.

I want, I want, I want...lol....its the old adage 'if you don't ask, you don't get' :)

So.....anyone up for a Vietnam-style large map...with lots of jungle? I unfortunately don't have the skills, knowledge or time to do it (I would if I could) hence my appeal to any of the skilled modders out there. I've posted this all over the place however I reckon there is a HUGE gap in maps for a dense jungle type environment to replicate places like Vietnam, SE Asia (rest of it), South America, etc.

Imagine firefights in jungles.

Okay guys, small info :) I menage to run Linux A3 server on one of my dedicated machines, and its waiting for good idea ( Idea + A3MP ) So if any1 wants to port ArmA 3 life to takistan, or make great Cherno domi or somthing moar, we can make 1st supported dedicated server with great game mode on old style maps. Im open for ideas.

Edited by Alduric

I would create a domination mission on takistan ,chernarus and fallujah ( thanks to you the last one works perfectly :) ), but when i want to start the mission on a dedicated server the result is : i return to the lobby to chose a mission ... No way to go to the lobby to select my soldier and start the game. Someone have a solution ?

Okay guys, small info :) I menage to run Linux A3 server on one of my dedicated machines, and its waiting for good idea ( Idea + A3MP ) So if any1 wants to port ArmA 3 life to takistan, or make great Cherno domi or somthing moar, we can make 1st supported dedicated server with great game mode on old style maps. Im open for ideas.

I just tested a French server running Cherno/Taki Domination and MP performance on Taki seemed much better compared to Altis but the mission was just started so more testing is needed. Servers was run by a gentleman named Cedr71 and you will find them if you filter on [FR] Play-for-Fun.

/KC

Edited by KeyCat

I would create a domination mission on takistan ,chernarus and fallujah ( thanks to you the last one works perfectly :) ), but when i want to start the mission on a dedicated server the result is : i return to the lobby to chose a mission ... No way to go to the lobby to select my soldier and start the game. Someone have a solution ?

check your description.ext for syntax errors and your mission.sqm for typos in classnames.

best thing to do is check your server .rpt, the last line is probably whats going wrong.

Got a patrol ops 3.0 nato ported to chenarus if your intrested...its only in folder form at the moment (would take a few seconds to pbo it) if your intrested

Seems to be working ok.

i'm sure some of the markers might be placed in slightly better locations but so far as I have tested its all working ok atm.

Getting the following error on the .rpt on my server when trying to load Chernarus:

22:32:49 Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.aia_worlds_ambient

22:32:49 Missing addons detected:

22:32:49 aia_worlds_ambient

Any ideas? Everything is up to date.

Thank you! Great job! Islands of this type, especially Chernarus sorely lacking in Arma 3.

I have a question.

I have been waiting for something like this since ARMA 3 was released. Because I have had the ambition to create missions in Chernarus, or even a campaign. My question is simply this: can I do this on the current version of Chernarus map?

I mean, is there any problems that I may encounter, such as problems with AI pathfinding, huge FPS drops etc. Or shall I wait?

Water-hit particles still kinda bugged after the patch

Thank you very much for the pack.

Can I make a torrent with 1.1 version repacked into one single 7z archive and publish it here and in armaholic forums?

I am requesting permission because I know nothing about legal terms and I don't knw if I need permission to redistribute it.

Best regards

Edited by patxitron

Mirrors for downloads are no good.

1) Dropbox disabled links due to high traffic

2) Sendspace is slow as hell

3) You would have to pay for Speedy

I suggest torrents, armaholic, maby six updater network and so on.

Maybe make separate files and put up the files based on the map it is. Ie: Making a file just for chernarus or just for Takistan.

Thank God! Never have to play stratis or altis again (they are pathetic).

i like the fair play from people when i see "valour" reported. He is allowed to think that altis and stratis are not good. Were is the problem ?

Anyway, hope to see a new update of your mod to have night lights on the mod dude :)

Yeah! Loving the mod anything top make my low-end Arma 3 look better is great for me and no performance loss is nice!

Thank God! Never have to play stratis or altis again (they are pathetic).
i like the fair play from people when i see "valour" reported. He is allowed to think that altis and stratis are not good. Were is the problem ?

I see where you're coming from, but there's a difference between negative and constructive feedback. Negative comments benefit no-one and only cause offence.

Getting the following error on the .rpt on my server when trying to load Chernarus:

22:32:49 Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.aia_worlds_ambient

22:32:49 Missing addons detected:

22:32:49 aia_worlds_ambient

Any ideas? Everything is up to date.

Did a little digging to see if I could figure out what was causing this. I've never had AIA installed so it was weird seeing an error referring to it. Just for fun, I downloaded the base AIA files and put aia_worlds.pbo, aia_core.pbo and loadaftera3data_c_pvpscene.pbo in the addons folder of my server and client (chose these files based on errors I was receiving upon loading aia_worlds by itself), along with bisign and bikey files. Interestingly, I was then able to at least get into the server lobby where before it would freeze up on loading, spamming the message about aia_worlds_ambient in the .rpt. Unfortunately (and unsurprisingly), the server crashes when trying to load the map. It generated a minidump file upon crashing but I'm not sure how to extract any information from those.

It does seem there are some dependencies on AIA files for Chernarus at least--I haven't tried the other maps yet.

Alduric, any ideas?

Did a little digging to see if I could figure out what was causing this. I've never had AIA installed so it was weird seeing an error referring to it. Just for fun, I downloaded the base AIA files and put aia_worlds.pbo, aia_core.pbo and loadaftera3data_c_pvpscene.pbo in the addons folder of my server and client (chose these files based on errors I was receiving upon loading aia_worlds by itself), along with bisign and bikey files. Interestingly, I was then able to at least get into the server lobby where before it would freeze up on loading, spamming the message about aia_worlds_ambient in the .rpt. Unfortunately (and unsurprisingly), the server crashes when trying to load the map. It generated a minidump file upon crashing but I'm not sure how to extract any information from those.

It does seem there are some dependencies on AIA files for Chernarus at least--I haven't tried the other maps yet.

Alduric, any ideas?

I think maybe .kju could help with this. loadaftera3data_c_pvpscene.pbo solves the sky texture issue. I don't get any black textures or anything like that either. Don't know about the MP problems though. So far, this just seems far too dependent on AiA (I mean, it's basically AiA with all the A2 data and without the units or vehicles).

---------- Post added at 11:38 ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 ----------

Anyway, hope to see a new update of your mod to have night lights on the mod dude :)

It's that it's offtopic to this thread. It does nothing to contribute to the discussion at hand.

is it just me or does this mod conflict badly with Blastcore? I haven't tried disabling it yet, but it seems to cause a lot of weirdness when I have Blastcore enabled. smoke grenades cover way too much area (particles are much bigger than they need to be), and some effects just shoot straight upward into the sky.

So only me having problems throwing stuff thru the windows in the red apartment like buildings on Chernarus?

Tried again last night and something is blocking objects from getting thrown out, like an insisible wall. Happens in windows and on the small balconys in the stairway, no other mods only A3MP Maps....

/KC