alduric

@A3MP - ArmA 3 Map Pack

it says multiple areas of my file are broken when i DL it,

Part 3 has tree Pbo broken

Part 1 has Road PBO broken

and i dont know how to make it work

and also it wont even load the file into my directory

I had the exact same problem with exactly the same pbo's. Coincidence? ;)

No, it isn't even the torrented version doesn't work.

I'm about fucking done with trying to download this, two fucking days trying to get a working version.

No, it isn't even the torrented version doesn't work.

I'm about fucking done with trying to download this, two fucking days trying to get a working version.

You've spend a couple of days downloading this? Alduric has voluntarily devoted weeks of his time to provide you with this absolutely free. Be grateful and stop whining.

Will you be releasing a script only version for those of us who don't want to redownload content they already posess?

What I'd suggest is there be a place where every pbo can be downloaded separately as quite a few people are getting various broken files :)

You've spend a couple of days downloading this? Alduric has voluntarily devoted weeks of his time to provide you with this absolutely free. Be grateful and stop whining.

he even paid money so people can download, so people need to stop QQing ASAP

Will you be releasing a script only version for those of us who don't want to redownload content they already posess?

Read 1st post.

---------- Post added at 03:58 ---------- Previous post was at 03:33 ----------

Mirrors to patch added.

Wow... I didnt think the Arma-verse had the whining/demanding internet kiddies thing... disappointing to see them pop up here and now

(Imagine having to wait for stuff... remember pre internet/mobile phones/TV etc?? Stop being so damn self entitled)

Alduric - Great work mate, thanks for all your efforts. It would really be good if it were possible to get the A2 weapon etc references out of the mod as appears to be a bit of a limiter; would be a pity if the maps didnt have their full potential. Not my bag though so no idea how easy/hard it would be to remove them. Let me/us know if there is anything that can help you out with this.

Overall though - ignore the sooks on here (or even laugh at them) great work!

Entitled? It has nothing to do with being impatient, if this mod wasn't released for another year it would be fine with me.

However it is released and it's fairly obvious that there are problems with the mirrors corrupting some of his PBO's.

edit: and now after using another program to unpack and place into my game directory, the corrupted PBO's are crashing the game. I highly doubt this is a problem with my connection alone, because other people in this thread are having the same issues.

and after getting one map to work, trees and grass don't work, probably because that PBO was corrupted.

Edited by The Hebrew Hammer

the reason we are "whining" is something most likely able to be fixed by simply making the download as one Download instead of three parts BECAUSE the problem is that each part has parts the others have and do not operate without

the reason we are "whining" is something most likely able to be fixed by simply making the download as one Download instead of three parts BECAUSE the problem is that each part has parts the others have and do not operate without

if you pay the hosting, i am sure he won't have a problem with that.

darn...I'm still after a vietnam-style map with lots of dense jungle if thats possible.

if you pay the hosting, i am sure he won't have a problem with that.

technically it would most likely be less,

considering its 1 file, getting a lot of hits,

consider current, 3 files, getting a lot of hits, with logic should actually cost more than 1 file, look at CWR2 for example, their file is probably larger than this one and its only one download (minus the expansions)

At the end of the day though, you arent actually entitled to this... You haven't paid for it, you haven't earned it, it is being presented as is from someone that has done a SIGNIFICANT amount of work in his own time completely free... and he is even paying his own money to help host it... Complaining that it doesnt work for you is the definition of a sense of entitlement.

And no, making it one download would not fix it. The download can still get interrupted/corrupted. The fact that it is working for people is proof that it is functional - occams razor indicates that it is in fact a problem with your download.

So instead of "Stuff you man this isnt working you are rubbish" how about "Damn, something isnt working for me but thanks for taking your time to do this." or even "Ok - it isnt working and now I cant play it any other way because I am obsessed with it - I will try again in a few days when it calms down, in the mean time I will go outside and play with the dog/talk to the wife/go for a walk".

Getting frustrated about it is not only pointless, it makes you look like an idiot. I shudder to think how you will react if something REALLY goes wrong in the world.

edit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLLWczRMGIQ

http://www.theguardian.com/education/2010/sep/20/70m-get-no-education

http://thestringer.com.au/600000-australian-children-in-poverty-18000-children-kids-homeless/#.UrEmpvQW1RI

Look through those then think if your complaints have merit or can you concede you were maybe being a little melodramatic.

Edited by Zodd

Is this mod up to date (1.1) on the SIX repository? I just noticed it's up there, and not having to manually update it on my server would be nice

- Fixed, sorry :) i didnt even think about groups menu.

Haha, no worries. Glad you got it sorted.

Is this mod up to date (1.1) on the SIX repository? I just noticed it's up there, and not having to manually update it on my server would be nice

No, it appears to be on 1.0 for now. But I'm happy to see it's there. Makes my life a lot easier.

Amazing, just amazing. Going to find it quite hard to go back to Arma 2 now, Chernarus in particular looks stunning. Thank you so much for doing this.:)

Thought the explosions werent fixed for me... turns out I must have pressed skip instead of yes to overwriting the old stuff...

Looks good mate!

Only other bug that is still extant (not listed on front page) is the line in cherno/utes:

A3MP_Line.jpg

<ignore, didn't realise a patch had been released>

Edited by Pharoah

On the broken files during unpacking - I had that problem with 7zip too. For me the switch to using unrar on the Mac OS X command line did the job. Maybe try out a specialized utility for rar for Windows before downloading the files again?

Thought the explosions werent fixed for me... turns out I must have pressed skip instead of yes to overwriting the old stuff...

Looks good mate!

Only other bug that is still extant (not listed on front page) is the line in cherno/utes:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/74159983/Arma3/A3MP_Line.jpg

I saw this bug when i launched this Map pack with JSRS and CBA. I think its becose CBA. Check Vanilla game only with this MAP Pack and all should be ok.

Edited by tom3kb