alduric

@A3MP - ArmA 3 Map Pack

The second mirror on Armaholic works just fine. Use a Download Accelerator or something. I use Download Accelerator Plus. Downloads in 15 mins.

About fixing the sky textures for Takistan and Zargabad, the pbo to address is A3MP_Data2.pbo. Just replace the sky_* textures with the same files from map_stratis_data.pbo in the Arma 3 main directory. That, or go into the config for Zargabad and Takistan, and for the sky textures (skyTexture* = *), change ca\Takistan\data\ to a3\stratis\data\ .

After I had a lot of problems with the download at armaholic, I downloaded it to my own ftp server:

Part1 Part2 Part3

They are the untouched files from the torrent source and don't have any error. I hope that Alduric will allow this.

Edit: Is no longer necessary - Armaholic works again

Edited by Rockhount

After yesterday release of DayZ I didn't even notice that this mod already come out! :D Bloody hell really nice work Alduric, thanks a lot! I can't wait to start playing this with our czech community!

Would like to seed from a linux server, but get this error with btdownloadcurses:

[10:52:49] Problem connecting to tracker - <urlopen error unknown url type: udp>

Any idea what might be wrong with the torrent file? I tried rTorrent as well and it doesn't download either. With vuze on Mac the torrent works just fine.

[EDIT] Seems I used rTorrent not correctly, it downloads now. Seems btdownloadcurses doesn't support udp URLs.

Edited by TeTeT
wrong character

Would like to seed from a linux server, but get this error with btdownloadcurses:

[10:52:49] Problem connecting to tracker - <urlopen error unknown url type: udp>

Any idea what might be wrong with the torrent file? I tried rTorrent as well and it doesn't download either. With vuze on Mac the torrent works just fine.

The Armaholic downloads are saying it will take 1 day to download :p I tried the torrent on Bit Torrent 7.8.2 It says it will be downloaded in 2 days. I'm a noob with bit torrents, so I'm sure I don't know what I'm doing there. Anyway...... any advice on the torrent would be nice.

The Armaholic downloads are saying it will take 1 day to download :p I tried the torrent on Bit Torrent 7.8.2 It says it will be downloaded in 2 days. I'm a noob with bit torrents, so I'm sure I don't know what I'm doing there. Anyway...... any advice on the torrent would be nice.

just give it time. when i started on this file it said 1 wekk. it now says 2hrs. just let it build up speed. and pls dont forget to SEED (aka leave the torrent running after the download is finished)

just give it time. when i started on this file it said 1 wekk. it now says 2hrs. just let it build up speed. and pls dont forget to SEED (aka leave the torrent running after the download is finished)

Okay, thanks. BTW, is "Bit Torrent 7.8.2" any good or do you use a different one?

EDIT: Yes, you have to be patient.... it's starting to pick up steam. I'll let it seed. Again, thanks.

Edited by rehtus777

Thanks to all the seeders ... really makes a difference guys. We need the whole community using this wonderful resource.

Having carried out more testing I am really pleased with the maps. Sure there are issues with some black textures on standing water, but it is REALLY smooth.

Well done!

Sounds great Alduric. Can I ask if you've further worked on these maps with regards lighting etc or are they as they were with AllInArma? ( The Southern European lighting of Chernarus was a little harsh )

It's great that you are making mirrors guys - its helping the community a lot! BUT RENEMBER! Im working on updated version already so try to check my 1st msg in this thread for updates soooooon ( there will be official links )

Im so sorry that i didnt handle with download servers but the interest in A3MP mod is huge, rly HUUUUUUUUUGE so servers are overloaded.

Alduric, happy to help, It's good to see that there is this much interest in your work.

I'll put a new torrent when there is an update (feel free send me a PM), or you can create the torrent yourself (and use http://openbittorrent.com/ or similar for the tracker.) Torrent's are much more reliable when there is such high demand. http mirrors like Armaholic are great when things have cooled down a bit, and for archiving. (torrents may not survive after some weeks)

btw, the torrent downloads at 10MB/s now (and I'm seeding at 2x 100Mbit). No http mirror can beat that :)

It's great that you are making mirrors guys - its helping the community a lot! BUT RENEMBER! Im working on updated version already so try to check my 1st msg in this thread for updates soooooon ( there will be official links )

Im so sorry that i didnt handle with download servers but the interest in A3MP mod is huge, rly HUUUUUUUUUGE so servers are overloaded.

Don't apologize, it's a testament to your great mod.. Also, you and JSRS released about at the same time and this caused a strain on Armaholic. Anyway, I've almost downloaded the map pack and I'll chime in on what I think. Again, thanks for your time and effort on this project.

I do sure hope that these updates can come in a patch. I haven't exactly got the best internet and it would suck (to put it bluntly) to have to re-download all of this great mod.

BIS could implement those map in Arma 3 as standard... that would be EPIC!

Terabyte of files uploaded for all of you guys : )

The community is half the Arma series or more. Thank you guys for supporting each other and continue doing so :)

Great job for all involved ,

I wondered if its possible to make a Lite Download in future itterations for those who have already downloaded the sourcefiles , meaning that if a pbo has only required a change of config and Models /wrp/ layers /rvmats remain the same , you could upload them as simple zip folders so we can add them ourselves to the sample files pbo and pack.

just a thought on saving some bandwidth and allowing a bit more freedom of choice for the future.

Cheers for the hard work.

Another one for blocky explosions/smoke.

Also I noticed that bombs seem to fall quite jerkily too... actual frame rate is high (40+) but bombs seem to be dropping closer to 10-15 FPS

I just got done exploring those maps and a tear came to my eye ;) lol I've always loved the ArmA 2 series except for the clunky mechanics of the soldier...... now, that is all history. Takistan has always been one of my favorite maps and this Map Pack makes it a whole lot sweeter. AiA was great, but this takes Takistan (other maps) to another level. Again, thank you.

Other than seeing some of the same bugs that have already been mentioned, when I'm in Chernarus there is a little brown dash always on my screen (middle of screen and little to the left).

I do sure hope that these updates can come in a patch. I haven't exactly got the best internet and it would suck (to put it bluntly) to have to re-download all of this great mod.

+1