Sign in to follow this  
SGT Fuller

Looking for Arma 2 Upgrade Team for USAF C-17, C-5, KC-135 and B-1B to Arma 3

Hey guys as you all know i belong to the United States Air Force and i got these Pbos for our planes a long time ago from Mukecp. Im trying to get them to Arma 3 standards. I saw the nice work done by Sakura_Chan and it inspired me to try to get these updated and available to everyone. Mukecp gave permission in all of his releases. Sadly i am a novice at doing stuff like this so if there is anyone who would like to help please hit me up with a PM or respond to this thread thanks.

C-17:

2013-12-17_00003.jpg

2013-12-17_00004.jpg

2013-12-17_00001.jpg

2013-12-17_00005.jpg

2013-12-17_00006.jpg

C-5

2013-12-17_00012.jpg

2013-12-17_00011.jpg

KC-135

2013-12-17_00007.jpg

2013-12-17_00014.jpg

2013-12-17_00008.jpg

---------- Post added at 20:55 ---------- Previous post was at 20:39 ----------

The configs all need major overhauls with up to date Arma 3 flare system and warning systems, Lights etc. The C-17 can load cargo and air drop it but the exit is wrong for infantry jumping from it as the C-17 rams them and kills them. The C-5 can do the exact same thing as the C-17 but its front nose and rear can be opened. The KC-135 can lower its Boom stick as you see in the picture above but its fuel release needs to be fixed. The B-1b all it needs is to not sink into the ground other than that its perfect.

I have been the first to poo poo things on here like Transport for more important things. However this is a port over, and besides the C-17 fuel tank looking off, I totally approve of these mods. I love transport aircraft being former AF and a transporter myself. I hope you get it up and going, and wish I could help you out.

I'd be nice to see some really big airplanes play part in some sort of campaign. I think it really ties in very well with the whole theme that Arma has got going on. Big military operations on far away islands need big logistics and transport. Even if they were only static enviromental objects, it adds a whole lot to the scale of the game.

Having them parked on the runway and unloading all kinds of things really makes and airbase come alive.

I would like to help, but i have a lot of stuff going on right now. given the size of these models it would be a lot of work to get everything working.

C-17!! Yes!!! Definitely looking forward to this. Also curious to see how the KC-135 will work in A3 in terms of aerial refueling aircraft. There was an aerial-refueling module for A2 released, perhaps that mod could be the basis for the KC-135's feature. Best of luck!

I more or less would like to get arma 3 lights, flares and warning systems on there. They look really good in arma 3 just need those configs to give them more of a use and life.

Thanks zodd I will try that out

i am in love with you. all of these models looks amazing. best of luck with the mod

Lights and flares would be more difficult than the warning systems, which if I recall take but a few lines if even in the config.

Lights and flares would be more difficult than the warning systems, which if I recall take but a few lines if even in the config.

Can you shoot me a PM or get on skype?

---------- Post added at 01:25 ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 ----------

id be interested in getting these from you. To help fix em up

Shoot me a PM and let me know what you can do

She sure is a beauty , I know how you feel I too have been trying to get her ready for arma 3 but it has gone past my knowledge base . I've sent the files out to a few realism units and others so hopefully everybody can enjoy such a wonderful plane . cheers stu

Just a small update. The team that i was searching for has come full circle and we have begun work on the USAF Mod. Please stay tuned for a more in depth update as i know that everyone wants these in there own hands.

Were Still looking for a Textures genius if your interested please hit me up thanks

Edited by fullerpj

@buckfast cheers again mate I have them in a3 with out all in arma running actual sitting in cockpit now just wrong postions a little to high in cockpit I also need to sort out the physx for its geo lod but nearly there.

If you have any questions about the C-17, C-130J and H model, or the C-5 let me know I have been in and out of them for years. Might not know everything but I probably have some friends that do.

They haven't been released yet hence the thread being in the "Discussion" section

It definitely is nice to fly matey ill pm you what I have so far if you want to test it buckfast, still a way to go as if i leave the plane as simulation= plane the geometry lod you can walk through still but if i use simulation=planex then there is some geometry to it for wheels and cargo door on the rear I have made a second geometry lod and only used arma2 tools as a3 tools keep conflicting with the a2 tools but slowly getting there.

Hey SmokeDog, loving the aircraft! I also love your Sangin map. that its a fave of mine to play. I've ported that into A3 aswell and loving the lighting in there. If you want I can help test this for you aswell. I was wondering if anyone was actually doing these types of aircraft after watching the Brize Norton series on Sky 1.

Just a note on your demo vid. I saw the bank/turn looked a little too slick, is there a way of making it heavier so that it doesn't turn on a penny if you know what I mean. that being said, still looks like a master piece of work though. Details in the cockpit are wicked!

Im only toying with the configs and proxys the credits go to the guys before me that have made it the thank's would go to buckfast and his guys as he is the guy that gave us the mlods and permissions to use and port them to A3.

The plane does feel light I will try have to look at the a2 c130 config to match the same values to get it more weighted to the size of it, I won't promise though as got a lot on my plate at the moment.

I am just learning really while I get it functional for A3 so I can in turn get a lot of the models me and a few mates have been working on for the HM Forces M.O.D pack we would like to release in the future.

ok my mistake. But still Kudos to the Dev team on this anyway.

I like the sound of the HM forces mod pack, about time something like that came out as a complete package. Gets a bit tedious downloading bits and bobs from various links and having a tonne of different mods eating away at the HD.