Sign in to follow this  
egilsandfeld

Tunø, Denmark (Island WIP)

Very interesting, keep up the good work :)

- If you wan to try the place with some danish troops on it, PM me ;)

Looks sick! Some of the best missions i played arma 2 were in small islands like Aliabad-Region! Now you will be bringing something similar to arma 3!

Thanks guys :) It's currently going very well with it, only with a few bugs to be sorted.

Maybe I will publish another short atmospheric video in the holidays ;)

The ambience in the video is just super-cool,

Dude i wish you well with this project.

Thanks kind Evil-organ :)

Here's a new video from just North of Tunø By:

I'm still running into issues with no objects appearing on map, AIs able to see and sometimes walk through buildings etc.. But I got wheat fields in now :)

http://imageshack.com/a/img850/2011/z1mq.png

http://imageshack.com/a/img849/7485/3yk7.png

http://imageshack.com/a/img855/1903/y4i7.png

The lighting has too much contrast in my opinion, plus it seems too yellowish. Try adding more slightly blue ambient light so that the shadows aren't almost black, it will probably also help with the yellow colouring of the lighting.

The lighting has too much contrast in my opinion, plus it seems too yellowish. Try adding more slightly blue ambient light so that the shadows aren't almost black, it will probably also help with the yellow colouring of the lighting.

That's a good idea. But how do I do that exactly? :)

i assume, in the video we see your terrain with the stratis default lighting?

what we perceive from the video might also be result of videocompression/graphicsettings, though what you want to look for in the lighting config of the island are lighting classes 0-21, this is where you basicly determine the appearance of your terrain in terms of lighting and sky, there is a lot more but with these are the most important parameters to determin how you terrain is lit at any time of the day and at any weather condition.

Stratis Default lighting is meant to be create the impression of a mediterranean island in summer, it might not looks suitable for any kind of terrain.

also for an island, it might be desireable to adjust the colors of the sea according to whats typical in the region in question...

e.g.

arma 3 default (mediterranean sea-ish)

9CECA0A822F723CE8014AA34CCE4BEDDBA1788A6

artistic customization (meant to be baltic sea-ish)

DF1C1474BAFD66019AC0B8E26A97E588468EABFA

Edited by Fabio_Chavez

That's a good idea. But how do I do that exactly? :)

Sadly I've only done maps for Unreal Engine 2.5 and 3 based games. Use your google fu ;)

I got Fabio helping me out on PM, so all good :) With that regard...

I did try to alter lightning but it just didn't change anything.

Hey there, thought i'd swing by this thread again to check out the progress, alas no updates for a while.

I think this map looked phenomenal in the early videos. Hope you haven't given up hope of fulfilling it's potential. All the best with it EgilSandfeld!

Thanks guys :)

Actually I have been putting it off for a couple of months while still studying on how to create terrains. I'm starting with a fresh new laptop environment, so hopefully this will sort some of the issues by starting "from scratch". We'll see ;)