Make Love Not War

AttachToWithMovement: Walkable Vehicle Interriors and Exterirors

I'm assuming it means the player will return to the regular combat animation

this,"STAND","FULL" 

if the player is in 5 meters of the player, quite confusing:confused:

{(player distance _this) < 5}

I saw this in the functions tool when I was messing around with animation. It breaks a unit out of animation loop. I might be totally wrong but that's what I get out of it.

Also by being ejected, I mean through the walls of the aircraft, an effect of the plane rolling.

This is probably the most exciting development i've ever seen take place. The one thing i'm excited about the most though, is the possibility of a high quality (Arma 3 quality of course), drivable LHD. I salute you guys for looking into this entire spectrum of technology that has been so tedious to solve for years. I'm literally dying to see a working end result. I can imagine standing on a deck and staring at the waves as we sale toward victory! And that's just the beginning. Much love from a fellow Armaholic. ;):D:cool::yay::bounce3:

Also, This...

The new surfaceFriction works well with the longitudinal and lateral stiffness parameters of wheels and should provide a distinctive feeling of grip on various surfaces. The technology is work-in-progress now as our QA team is testing the changes under various conditions.

For the vehicle class... Maybe try that on the boat.

It's been really quiet on this front. I had some free time and decided to throw together another example of how attachtowithmovement could be used.

This example uses Gac Train from Arma 2. Ported into A3 with AiA. The train script is quite clunky, but gets the job done.

Sorry for the quality, I used a new format and I don't think YouTube likes it.

So how did you get the guy to stick? On my boat model I put a Roadway, which works fine as long as it isn't moving.

You are using the script, Right? I'm not sure exactly how it does it, not very good with scripting. But you do need the Roadway lod, that I'm quite certain of.

Now if only there were a way to script it, where there is a player who lands on a ship. Ounce he gets out and onto the ship, it automatically uses "attachtowithmovement", and when a player leaves the ship, it automatically disables it for that player, or something along those lines.. This way, you can actively use an asset such as a drivable LCS/LHD, and enable the ability of live and active deployment. Being able to operate from a small ship in a multiplayer session would be really amazing, especially if you are able to walk on it while it's moving.

Now if only there were a way to script it, where there is a player who lands on a ship. Ounce he gets out and onto the ship, it automatically uses "attachtowithmovement", and when a player leaves the ship, it automatically disables it for that player, or something along those lines.. This way, you can actively use an asset such as a drivable LCS/LHD, and enable the ability of live and active deployment. Being able to operate from a small ship in a multiplayer session would be really amazing, especially if you are able to walk on it while it's moving.

Perhaps check for distance between the player and ship, and then check to see if the player isn't in a vehicle?

I have checked this script with the last version of my LCS 2 ship and it works much worse than with the previous version. And of course the 60 m GEO limit still remains

I have checked this script with the last version of my LCS 2 ship and it works much worse than with the previous version. And of course the 60 m GEO limit still remains

Do you think that Geo limit is an engine limitation, or would a tracker request for a higher limit be a viable solution?

Is there a fix to make this script work again? Currently, you just slip and slide off of the ship.

Is there a fix to make this script work again? Currently, you just slip and slide off of the ship.

I found a temporary fix. I didn't test it on the custom ship, but it works with regular objects. In "attachToWithMovement.sqf" find (ctrl+f) (line 53)

_attachThis setVelocity [
_vel select 0,
_vel select 1,
(_vel select 2) + STICK
];

and replace it with:

_attachThis setVelocity [
(_vel select 2) + STICK
];

This seems to prevent the player from sliding after moving.

• Like 1

Hello everyone , I hope be very well , give the congratulations to the creator of so impressive scripts , we would like to know if it is possible to adapt it to multiplayer, we do much , thank you very much  :)

I would also like to know if this can be adapted to multiplayer, Im trying to make it so a AT solder can shoot his AT launcher from the back of a offroad 360 degrees.