LordJarhead

J.S.R.S. 2.2 Soundmod

Oh god the ads on that zippy share :butbut:

Are you using super triutes flash bang mod, that apparently breaks the shit out of gun sounds sometimes.

Wie meinste? Lol

What do you mean ;)

Well if the same problem appears without JSRS then its NOT JSRS and its not my part to fix anything :P

LJ

Anything else it could be in regards to my issue?

Some people seem to be hearing full sound depth and all weapons, and I seem to be missing both, I can hear myself shooting every single weapon, and most guns other people are using, but the same weapons, from the same pack are causing issues for just certain people, and that issue recurs.

Well if the same problem appears without JSRS then its NOT JSRS and its not my part to fix anything :P

LJ

Without JSRS is different to with JSRS

Its an assortment, @SMA, @RH_M4,@RH_Pistol,@U100,@trixie

Did you read what we wrote ? Remove each pack till it works. Start with @U100 trust me

OR makesure everyone uses the same packs... and you should be ok. U100 causes issues (well it used to..) when it was used by some and not others, i.e. a public server

SJ

Without JSRS is different to with JSRS

Wir machen mal eine kleine Ausnahme und du beschreibst mir dein Problem in Deutsch ;)

Lets make a little exception and you explain me your problem in german.

LJ

Hey LJ, I've noticed that one of the recent dev updates has broken the turning footstep noise. If your player stands/crouches on the spot and turns left/right, there are no longer any noises. I know there have been some player movement sound changes lately that have affected a few mods (including mine), so it looks like you've been bitten too!

Hey LJ, I've noticed that one of the recent dev updates has broken the turning footstep noise. If your player stands/crouches on the spot and turns left/right, there are no longer any noises. I know there have been some player movement sound changes lately that have affected a few mods (including mine), so it looks like you've been bitten too!

Yep, probably related to this :

"Increased volume of samples for changing stances and set maximum audible distance of all movement sound to 20 meters"

...But it looks like the last dev update broke a lot of things; maybe it's worth waiting for the next one before worrying?

Our community would just like to say a BIG THANK YOU for all your hard work on this mod buddy, well done :yay: We use this with Acre, AGM and Blastcore, it turns the game into something Epic.

Our community would just like to say a BIG THANK YOU for all your hard work on this mod buddy, well done :yay: We use this with Acre, AGM and Blastcore, it turns the game into something Epic.

Thank a lot mate :) Much appreciated ;)

LJ

It might just be me, but some of the explotions (quite alot of them actually) sounds really, really distorted at times.

watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=blMLK4roSaI#t=429

I've found an instance of what I am talking about, go to around 7 minutes on that video, and you can hear what I am talking about. It's there all the time, but most noticable when the chopper recieves the final burst before going down. Do not get me wrong, I've loved JSRS since ARMA II, but distortion kind of breaks the immersion for me. Is this intended, or a known issue?

Basicly, is it just me?

Edited by aLmAnZo

It might just be me, but some of the explotions (quite alot of them actually) sounds really, really distorted at times.

I've found an instance of what I am talking about, go to around 7 minutes on that video, and you can hear what I am talking about. It's there all the time, but most noticable when the chopper recieves the final burst before going down. Do not get me wrong, I've loved JSRS since ARMA II, but distortion kind of breaks the immersion for me. Is this intended, or a known issue?

Basicly, is it just me?

Basicly, I dont give anything about those compare videos and YouTube does not bring the same immersion in sound as the real game. So I always suggest: Download and TEST IT yourself mate ;) Then you can decide if you wanna stay with JSRS or use vanilla sounds, or SOS or wait for JSRS3: DragonFyre.

LJ

Basicly, I dont give anything about those compare videos and YouTube does not bring the same immersion in sound as the real game. So I always suggest: Download and TEST IT yourself mate ;) Then you can decide if you wanna stay with JSRS or use vanilla sounds, or SOS or wait for JSRS3: DragonFyre.

LJ

I don't care about the comparison videos either Jarhead :P The intention wasn't to compare you with S.O.S, but to point out or illustrate an issue I've experienced in game as well. Alot of the explotion sounds distorted in the lower frequencies for me, also in game. I did check out the "weapons and explotions" video from DragonFyre, and it sounds like the issue isn't present there.

J.S.R.S has been my goto sound mod for a very long time, so I share my critisism in order to let you know what my personal view of an improvement would be. =) You have provided me with an amount of immersion I didn't even realize was possible, I can't play ARMA II without J.S.R.S.

And while I am at it, how is working with ARMA III's sound engine compared to ARMA II's?

I don't care about the comparison videos either Jarhead :P The intention wasn't to compare you with S.O.S, but to point out or illustrate an issue I've experienced in game as well. Alot of the explotion sounds distorted in the lower frequencies for me, also in game. I did check out the "weapons and explotions" video from DragonFyre, and it sounds like the issue isn't present there.

J.S.R.S has been my goto sound mod for a very long time, so I share my critisism in order to let you know what my personal view of an improvement would be. =) You have provided me with an amount of immersion I didn't even realize was possible, I can't play ARMA II without J.S.R.S.

And while I am at it, how is working with ARMA III's sound engine compared to ARMA II's?

Yeah they might be a bit distorted, well actually I dont really know anymore and would have to listen to them again since I made so many new sounds already I kinda lost track over all of them heh. DragonFyre is a bit different to JSRS2.2 and will be a bit more... "dirty" in sounds so to speak. More details, less studio like flattened effects.

Well, ArmA3's engine is truly a bit different to A2's, not much tho. We have more possibilities now, can use filters, have sounds for every kinda thing, like doors now and such. Overall is the engine alot smoother and handles the scripting we do in DFyre better than A2 did. So far I'm pretty happy with the new engine/tweakes.

LJ

I had that issue too, until I got a new pair of really high quality Headphones. The destortion you hear is your headset trying to play the stuff that is happening outside of it´s frequency spectrum......

LJH, while playing yesterday I noticed trees, bushes, and walls make no noise when you run them over with heavy armor. It really takes away from the power of the vehicle when you're running over all of this stuf and can't hear a thing. Any way you could add these sounds in?

LJH, while playing yesterday I noticed trees, bushes, and walls make no noise when you run them over with heavy armor. It really takes away from the power of the vehicle when you're running over all of this stuf and can't hear a thing. Any way you could add these sounds in?

Hey,

ok I think there are entries for those kinda things. I think I can at least try getting things done. But can't say for sure. Tho those changes will be implemented in DFyre IF I can get it done. Wont continue in JSRS2.2.

LJ