LordJarhead

J.S.R.S. 2.2 Soundmod

Wait, you telling me other soundmodders does not update their mods? I can't really believe that, I can't be the only one around here

As a matter of fact, and as for now, yes you are the only one updating his sound mod.

It doesn't mean much though, because there's only two " released " sound mods available for A3, J.S.R.S and ( rest in peace ) Speed of Sound.

As a matter of fact, and as for now, yes you are the only one updating his sound mod.

It doesn't mean much though, because there's only two " released " sound mods available for A3, J.S.R.S and ( rest in peace ) Speed of Sound.

Yeah ok, then it does not mean much really, heh. Which is sad. Because when SOS is dead, JSRS and the new JSRS mod will be the only ones, competition made my the same author :X Well, as both are modular people could mix both mods, MAYBE, I'm not sure yet as I will maybe combine some Pbo's in the new mod.

LJ

JSRS will be continued, but not as JSRS2.2, 2.3 or so, it will be a JSRS: NEW NAME something. Or JSRS Studios presents: YADA YADA! You know? Its based on JSRS2.1, since thats the most advanced soundmod I have to use and so I can use it, have JSRS2.1/2.2 sounds as a placeholder and now tweak the sh*t out of it :P What do you think, shall I open a WIP thread over at the Discussions?

LJ

I look forward to it! I'd say keep it under wraps UNLESS you need to get some motivation from the community. Then, by all means, tease us so we can tell you to keep working!

Wait, you telling me other soundmodders does not update their mods? I can't really believe that, I can't be the only one around here :)

But I wont continue working on JSRS2.2, since thats not the only mod I work on. I normally did not want to say anything in public yet, but I'm working for 4 months now on something new, based on JSRS2.1. Twice the size, twice the quality, twice as awesome as JSRS. :P Tho a lot of tweaking and chancing is going on and I like to concentrate on the new mod further as it seems to be the next giant leap for me to a complete new level in audio immersion. I'd like to present certain features and show you some progress from the new work, but I'm unsure if I should do it or just keep it hidden and have a sudden release maybe...

JSRS will be continued, but not as JSRS2.2, 2.3 or so, it will be a JSRS: NEW NAME something. Or JSRS Studios presents: YADA YADA! You know? Its based on JSRS2.1, since thats the most advanced soundmod I have to use and so I can use it, have JSRS2.1/2.2 sounds as a placeholder and now tweak the sh*t out of it :P What do you think, shall I open a WIP thread over at the Discussions?

LJ

This sounds awesome!

Take your time.

If you manage to make an amazing A10 in the new mod, i guess i will be playing this game with a HUUGE grin on my face

keep up the great work! Without you we would have to play with the... not so good vanilla sounds and i really dont like them :D

Btw where can we sign up for alpha testing the new one? hehe :cool:

Now that LJ has spilled the beans I can tell you that he teased me a little bit with the new stuff. You guys have no idea how awesome this will be if LJ finds enough time and motivation to work on it.

So please guys no "When will it be released?" posts.

Be constructive and motivate LJ!

Yeah ok, then it does not mean much really, heh. Which is sad. Because when SOS is dead, JSRS and the new JSRS mod will be the only ones, competition made my the same author :X Well, as both are modular people could mix both mods, MAYBE, I'm not sure yet as I will maybe combine some Pbo's in the new mod.

LJ

Actually, I think it means a great deal. You're THE only one at the moment to have amazing sounds with the game in its current state.

Because my game auto updated I was forced to have vanilla sounds until you came back out of nowhere and updated JSRS. Sound is a huge part of this game for me and MANY other people. I can't thank you enough for your continued support of your mod. I seriously can't play without it.

And I can't wait to see what you've got in store for your next project! If you're excited about it then it'll be mind blowing I'm sure. Thanks LJ!

Jarhead you might want to take a look at zafir sounds.

For some reason i have an issue with them in 2.2, i mostly hear the closure sound, and the sound of the weapon itself is the vanilla one.

As much as I am AMPED for the new work my vote: No teasing LJ. Drop it like an album on Christmas or New years...or some random blessed weekend of your choosing unless you have time to read more comments like this one. I vote focus on it in the lab/studio until a public release.

Certain features like the inroom sounds can't be disabled I'm afraid as that would kill all the scripted sounds. I might make a small optional download for that.

It is possible to wait from you for a small optional download within several days? :rolleyes:

Well, as both are modular people could mix both mods, MAYBE, I'm not sure yet as I will maybe combine some Pbo's in the new mod.

That will be great! :D

@LJ

Sorry if this has been said but the To-199's machine gun has the same sound file as the A-164, I'm pretty sure you know after that what is happening but basically the To-199's sound config fires the sound every shot while the A-164 fires the sound every 10th shot.

Hey just some feedback. Seems the latest updates to either this or CBA causes SP saved games to bomb out. Thanks.

Just wanted to drop by and say thanks LordJarhead for continuing your work even after all the bad shit you've had, truly appreciate your stuff, cheers! :cheers:

- Ifrit can not hear on a large distance.

- Flying bullets really sound too loud.

Edited by paulone

Hi guys, I'm a little new around here, so please forgive if my question is out of place here.

A lot of the mods I've wanted to use have been waiting on an update to fix them after the BI patch. This mod deals with sound, so I assume it was impacted. Is this mod currently working? I've heard it mentioned ALL OVER the forum, so naturally I want to give it a try.

As a follow up - Does this mod change a given sound file, or change the way the game handles sounds? I ask because I use several mods that add factions/weapons to the game. I'm curious if I will have half a battlefield in HD audio (the sounds that may be edited by this mod), and the other half in a less rich sound.

Thanks in advance, and an extra "Thank You" to LordJarhead for his work on the mod.

yes it works LJ just released an updated version

Well that's good news. Looking forward to trying it.

Does anyone have an answer to my second question? I'm using the factions that draw on the weapon pack by Massi, Aggressors, and pending an update, Canadian Forces and China-PLA. Will JSRS effect their sounds as well? Does it change the sounds themselves, or the way that sounds are played overall?

Blackthorne, JSRS will only change the sounds it's configured to change, meaning: Nope, everything that isn't vanilla won't change.

(Some mods have an optional JSRS-compatible config, though)

So I did download and test this out. Turns out that the sound effects being used by my other addons are of similar volume, so that is great.

Thanks for the awesome work LordJarhead

Edited by Blackthorne556

Even non-Vanilla stuff will usually benefit in SOME way from JSRS. But the hope is that the actual firing sounds are better than the Vanilla weapon sounds so you don't need new sounds for those. But the changes to how sound works should work on even non-vanilla weapons.

I have yet to run into an addon weapon that didn't get along with JSRS for any reason.

hi there,

i like the weaponsounds very much, specially in 3rd Person mode the most Weapons sounds awesome. Is it possible to have the 3rdperson sounds for 1st Person mode?

Would be cool if someone would have some ideas ^^

Greets :)

Hi. I`m using Play with Six to add mods. After last JSRS Update something goes wrong I have message no entry bin\cofig.bin/CfgWeapons/arifle_MX_F/Single.StandardSound . Any ideas ?

Ok problem was not JSRS but another mod @SOS. When i turn off @SOS no problem any more.

Edited by Cotekh

Is it possible to have the 3rdperson sounds for 1st Person mode?

I think this is to simulate the fact that sound is effected by the position of the observer. With weapons fire, the sound wave is emitted from the muzzle, so standing right behind the gun has a very different sound than to someone beside or in front of it. It's not a perfect system, but it works well given the abilities of the engine.

Of course, I'm no expert.