LordJarhead

J.S.R.S. 2.2 Soundmod

LordJarhead

Hi, LordJarhead :)

You can replace the drum (ringing) sound of fire in buildings and other constructions? This sound* changed on a more realistic sound. The drum(ringing) sound is not realistic, it does not represent the material, from which made buildings in Altis. I think that drum(ringing) sound basic problem of this modification. Please, man. Сhange this... ))

I haven't really noticed a change from pre-1.24 to your post-1.24 update when it comes to sonic cracks. They're loud, but they're supposed to be. If you shoot an M4 outside (not under cover) while suppressed, you're still going to get ~138 dB, the majority of that being from the snap. That's really damn loud ("safe" is 140 dB, but you're still going to cause some damage over time).

LordJarhead

Hi, LordJarhead :)

You can replace the drum (ringing) sound of fire in buildings and other constructions? This sound* changed on a more realistic sound. The drum(ringing) sound is not realistic, it does not represent the material, from which made buildings in Altis. I think that drum(ringing) sound basic problem of this modification. Please, man. Сhange this... ))

Read a few pages back; this has already been answered. ;)

Here's another in Afghanistan with Americans taking extremely close rifle fire.

It's really hard to tell in that video because the audio is so crushed, but those are actually pretty loud (and close). I know you and Jarhead knows this, but just putting it out there.

Read a few pages back; this has already been answered. ;)

I saw that. There, I asked why? Now I ask the author to change the sound more realistic. :) In most case the Altis more civilian buildings(house of stone, glass, etc), not bunkers. I think it's better to replace the drum sound on a more realistic sound. like this *

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwK6HAozhTY#t=21

Edited by paulone

Fixed my issue by just installing 2.2 instead of 2.1 with the update.

Referring back to the video i posted above-

-if you listen at about :28 it's pretty clear that the extremely close incoming rounds barely compete even with the soldier's slightly raised voices. After listening to this a few times, I'm inclined to believe that the sonic cracks in JSRS 2.2 are now considerably louder than irl.

Hello guys,

i don't know if someone talked about that, and i really don't have the time to read trough 87 sites, but are some changes to the A10 planned in the future?

I really don't like the current sound of it and neither do i like the vanilla sound. It just doesn't feel right

I would like to hear something that gets as badass as they sound in real life.

Here is a Video for an example:

or here for an example of the sound of a flyby etc. At 1:10 he will shoot a quick burst.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhJ_A-wvNCE

I would love to hear something similar in Arma 3

Guys...

Would you please all step down a little. Do you realize that almost every post is about changing things to the mod? I wont continue working on 5his, just trying to fix issues here and there to keep it working. The inroom sound do sound like that, i wont change them now and re-up the whole mod because of 5mb's o; new soundfiles, the A10 is more of a placeholder sound from ArmA2 as I had no time nor any fun making a new one fitting the futuristic style of the Wipeout.

And you are just wrong about the soniccracks, you cant just look up a video and say "Thats the real deal dude". I have had asked soldiers back in ArmA2 how they experienced those noises and they said that they can end up REALLY loud but that depends on how close they get to you. As I said, some had broken eardrums.

I provided a fixed config file on the frontpage, use that if that suits your taste. But guys, I just can't please everyone here. There are also other soundmods out there you may wanna try then :) I'm sry!

Please appreciate the work I did as it is and as I provide it here for you for free so you can enjoy it. I know mostly its just suggestions but please dont start telling me the gifted cockie taste like shit :p

LJ

PS: If you would have some patience I pretty sure you'll get something in future that will be twice as good as JSRS :P Just be patient...

Edited by LordJarhead

I would add that JSRS is modular : if you don't like some sounds/features, just remove the related PBO's! :P

By the way LJ, didn't have time to test the new sonic cracks yet; I'll provide a quick feedback ASAP - thanks for the optionnal config!

I would add that JSRS is modular : if you don't like some sounds/features, just remove the related PBO's! :P

By the way LJ, didn't have time to test the new sonic cracks yet; I'll provide a quick feedback ASAP - thanks for the optionnal config!

Certain features like the inroom sounds can't be disabled I'm afraid as that would kill all the scripted sounds. I might make a small optional download for that.

Yeah please test that and tell me what you think :) I honestly haven't played with JSRS since february so I just can't get to it right now as I'm busy with other stuff. But for me the cracks were fine anyways ;)

LJ

Guys...

Would you please all step down a little. Do you realize that almost every post is about changing things to the mod? I wont continue working on 5his, just trying to fix issues here and there to keep it working. The inroom sound do sound like that, i wont change them now and re-up the whole mod because of 5mb's o

Sorry, man. Of course, I understand that you are upgrading only modification under patch 1.24. I just wanted to point out the critical sound (drum). I suggested that you will have no problem to replace one sound in the game, which is very much stands out from the audio format modification JSRS. On the other sounds are no problems, they are perfect!

Just after the patch 1.24 for Arma 3 no more sound mods. Author modifications SOS refused to provide support mod. So all hope community for your modification. In any case, thank you so much for the work done. :) Thank you for support modification JSRS :rolleyes:

Certain features like the inroom sounds can't be disabled I'm afraid as that would kill all the scripted sounds. I might make a small optional download for that.

That would be just fine! :)

Please appreciate the work I did as it is and as I provide it here for you for free so you can enjoy it. I know mostly its just suggestions but please dont start telling me the gifted cockie taste like shit

Ofcourse we are thankful, or atleast i am :D I am using your soundmod since Arma 2 and i really enjoy it. My post wasn't meant to be hostile or complaining, more like feedback and a suggestion with a few examples for anyone who is interested.

Please keep up the good work!

Und schöne Grüße aus Deutschland nach Deutschland ;)

PS: If you would have some patience I pretty sure you'll get something in future that will be twice as good as JSRS :P Just be patient...

*Evil laugh intensifies*

This is going to be awesome. :o

Guys...

Would you please all step down a little. Do you realize that almost every post is about changing things to the mod? I wont continue working on 5his, just trying to fix issues here and there to keep it working. The inroom sound do sound like that, i wont change them now and re-up the whole mod because of 5mb's o; new soundfiles, the A10 is more of a placeholder sound from ArmA2 as I had no time nor any fun making a new one fitting the futuristic style of the Wipeout.

And you are just wrong about the soniccracks, you cant just look up a video and say "Thats the real deal dude". I have had asked soldiers back in ArmA2 how they experienced those noises and they said that they can end up REALLY loud but that depends on how close they get to you. As I said, some had broken eardrums.

No offense was intended, man. It just seemed to me (and others) that sonic cracks got way louder, and personally I thought they were totally fine in JSRS before the latest rounds of updates. Like you said earlier, we're all for realism here but there's also gameplay/practicality issues to consider as well. Personally I thought it was just a bug but are you saying you made them louder intentionally?

Thanks again for the great job you do on the mod...don't get discouraged!

Referring back to the video i posted above-
-if you listen at about :28 it's pretty clear that the extremely close incoming rounds barely compete even with the soldier's slightly raised voices. After listening to this a few times, I'm inclined to believe that the sonic cracks in JSRS 2.2 are now considerably louder than irl.

You're basing that off of a very compressed audio file in the video with a crappy Go Pro mic. It's not going to be able to resolve the sounds as well as your ear. Add in YouTube's compression, and it's just not a realistic volume to gauge off of.

Guys...

It really is crazy how loud they are. The other day I was at the local range talking with the owner and we were at the back side of the berm, so every rifle shot from someone on the other side was preceded by a very large SNAP. And we were getting some sound deadening from the berm.

I'm just happy you came back and updated your gift to us so we can keep enjoying it. Thanks again!

Wait, you telling me other soundmodders does not update their mods? I can't really believe that, I can't be the only one around here :)

But I wont continue working on JSRS2.2, since thats not the only mod I work on. I normally did not want to say anything in public yet, but I'm working for 4 months now on something new, based on JSRS2.1. Twice the size, twice the quality, twice as awesome as JSRS. :P Tho a lot of tweaking and chancing is going on and I like to concentrate on the new mod further as it seems to be the next giant leap for me to a complete new level in audio immersion. I'd like to present certain features and show you some progress from the new work, but I'm unsure if I should do it or just keep it hidden and have a sudden release maybe...

JSRS will be continued, but not as JSRS2.2, 2.3 or so, it will be a JSRS: NEW NAME something. Or JSRS Studios presents: YADA YADA! You know? Its based on JSRS2.1, since thats the most advanced soundmod I have to use and so I can use it, have JSRS2.1/2.2 sounds as a placeholder and now tweak the sh*t out of it :P What do you think, shall I open a WIP thread over at the Discussions?

LJ

Wait, you telling me other soundmodders does not update their mods? I can't really believe that, I can't be the only one around here :)

But I wont continue working on JSRS2.2, since thats not the only mod I work on. I normally did not want to say anything in public yet, but I'm working for 4 months now on something new, based on JSRS2.1. Twice the size, twice the quality, twice as awesome as JSRS. :P Tho a lot of tweaking and chancing is going on and I like to concentrate on the new mod further as it seems to be the next giant leap for me to a complete new level in audio immersion. I'd like to present certain features and show you some progress from the new work, but I'm unsure if I should do it or just keep it hidden and have a sudden release maybe...

JSRS will be continued, but not as JSRS2.2, 2.3 or so, it will be a JSRS: NEW NAME something. Or JSRS Studios presents: YADA YADA! You know? Its based on JSRS2.1, since thats the most advanced soundmod I have to use and so I can use it, have JSRS2.1/2.2 sounds as a placeholder and now tweak the sh*t out of it :P What do you think, shall I open a WIP thread over at the Discussions?

LJ

So basically a revamped JSRS with a new name. Awesome! Make WIP thread naow!

I think you are! ^^

I vote for the teasing solution! ;)

I only started using JSRS the other day, and OH MY GOD! It sounds so brilliant, thank you very much.

But I wont continue working on JSRS2.2, since thats not the only mod I work on.

Sure. Just make a small optional download for the drum sound. :)

I normally did not want to say anything in public yet, but I'm working for 4 months now on something new, based on JSRS2.1.

New mod for Arma 3? :rolleyes:

shall I open a WIP thread over at the Discussions?

Despite the risk of "when will it be out?", yes definitely. Love hearing what you're working on.