LordJarhead

J.S.R.S. 2.2 Soundmod

found problem it was lassco causing the sound breaking issue.

What is "lassco"?

Thanks for the update. Had a go last night and other than Ardvark's CQBR/M4 pack, Arma 3 is back to normal and enjoyable. I really appreciate you coming back and updating the issues since the BIS update.

What is "lassco"?

ProcessLasso is a game tweak you can use to give your game prority and also unpark cpu and also take cores off

Ok, just wanted to make sure (I'm using it too but I don't have any issues with it).

I can confirm that sonic cracks are too loud now. They are actually louder than the actual gunfire.

what did you do to keep from interfering with your sound cause strange thing is my other game sniper elite 3 had no issues just arma 3?

---------- Post added at 08:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 PM ----------

Ok, just wanted to make sure (I'm using it too but I don't have any issues with it).

what did you do to keep from interfering with your sound cause strange thing is my other game sniper elite 3 had no issues just arma 3?

---------- Post added at 08:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 PM ----------

Is that only with jsrs applied or with arma in general? If this is a general problem please post in an related thread for trouble shooting and lets stay on topic here please.

Will check the soniccracks config and see if I might have mixed it up somehow. will provide some kinda settings for you to choose from. So you can select if you want those metallic fps noises in first person or loud soniccracks and so on. I dont want to update the mod again since I only want to release full packs in future.

The small extra files should not be mirrored by armaholic nor pws I think, I dont want people to think they need it, update their game and wondering why.the heck there are no sounds here and there hehe.

LJ

LJ, fantastic work - was wondering if you had any plans to incorporate a new sound for the Pawnee's miniguns? Those weapons have never sounded quite right to me, be it Vanilla or any sound mod.

Regardless, keep it up! :D

I can confirm that sonic cracks are too loud now. They are actually louder than the actual gunfire.

I can confirm this too.

Just wanted to stop by and say many thanks,this mod is excelent.I stayed away because i feared FPS issues,honestly the loss isnt even noticable and never thought id say this,but i now depend on a sound mod to thouroghly feel immersed in ArmA3.

spasibo!

I have downloaded your mod like 7-8 times now and everytime I get CRC-Errors by unpacking the .rar file :/.

I downloaded it from various Mirrors, I tried Firefox and IE and even switched from WinRar to 7Zip to unzip the file.

Everytime I get massive CRC-Errors

"...\xxx.pbo is damaged"

"...\xxx.pbo is damaged"

The filesize is 1.178GB.

Any ideas?!

I have downloaded your mod like 7-8 times now and everytime I get CRC-Errors by unpacking the .rar file :/.

I downloaded it from various Mirrors, I tried Firefox and IE and even switched from WinRar to 7Zip to unzip the file.

Everytime I get massive CRC-Errors

"...\xxx.pbo is damaged"

"...\xxx.pbo is damaged"

The filesize is 1.178GB.

Any ideas?!

Where did you downloaded it from?

From Armaholic Mirror 1+2.

Your posted link at the thread opening.

JSRS Studios.

Maybe it is a hardware failure?!

From Armaholic Mirror 1+2.

Your posted link at the thread opening.

JSRS Studios.

Maybe it is a hardware failure?!

I always recommend the link here on the frontpage to use. And those are definitely working. No one else reported so far and they all downloaded from either here or ArmaHolic. I think it might a problem on your end.

Tho no idea why he points out CRC-Errors. Hmm. Enough space on the HDD? You unpack it into a separated folder on your system that you have full admin rights on? Actually dont know whats causing this. Starting in SafeMode maybe and unpack, but not sure if you can use tools like WinRAR or 7zip then.

LJ

Are you on Wifi? If so try cable.

Yay;

Confirmed. I wondered why they sounded so dang loud all of a sudden...

Is anyone else getting a weird sound with SMGs? They seem to be missing, like, and echo or something.

Is anyone else getting a weird sound with SMGs? They seem to be missing, like, and echo or something.

Please check your RPT when something like missing sounds appear and tell me what that says. Maybe we can track down the issue there.

Also, I dont get why your soniccracks are too loud now. In the config they are 25% only, 0.25, not 1 like normally, I made them that quiet already. Thats weird... I'll provide another config later today for you to test if that would be better.

LJ

---------- Post added at 10:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 AM ----------

Ok, here is the "Fix" for the soniccracks, try if this is better for you:

JSRS 2.2 Soniccrack Fix

LJ

Sonic cracks are loud when they are right over you. Seems fine to me.

They maybe louder than they should? But they are different volumes at different times/near or faraway, so it seems to be fine.

They maybe louder than they should? But they are different volumes at different times/near or faraway, so it seems to be fine.

Mostly it depends on peoples taste then I guess. I did not changed anything about them since february, so maybe BIS made something, I dont know yet. But some say its too loud, some say its fine -.- I provided a config files for those who think its too loud, so test that and tell me if thats any better.

Thanks,

LJ

@LJ: You could provide a checksum (e.g. MD5) for each file you publish, so people can verify that their download is the proper thing (by using one of the various small programs that exist, e.g. HashCheck: http://code.kliu.org/hashcheck/). Having people download the same 1+ GB file 8 times (and still being unsure if the file is not corrupted!) is not really helpful for all sides, I think also Armaholic could do well without such useless extra traffic.

They're loud to a point where you can't actually hear the gunshot/direction of shot...seems like a problem to me. It's not just when they are right next to you, either. With teammates firing close-by the sound of the cracks drowned out basically everything else.

@LJ: You could provide a checksum (e.g. MD5) for each file you publish, so people can verify that their download is the proper thing (by using one of the various small programs that exist, e.g. HashCheck: http://code.kliu.org/hashcheck/). Having people download the same 1+ GB file 8 times (and still being unsure if the file is not corrupted!) is not really helpful for all sides, I think also Armaholic could do well without such useless extra traffic.

There is one file on this thread you need to download, ONCE. Thats it :) I know I had some trouble before and probably will in future, but thats the way I do provide my stuff for you. Either you take it or not :) I had the idea before as well but that would be more work for me, and I just think I did enough for now :P

They're loud to a point where you can't actually hear the gunshot/direction of shot...seems like a problem to me. It's not just when they are right next to you, either. With teammates firing close-by the sound of the cracks drowned out basically everything else.

Well, when a bullet gets so close to your head, you WONT hear anything else in real life as well. A soldier once told me there were some of his friends who had a ruptured eardrum from flying by bullets because of that snap! You all wanted it realistic, so take it :P (joke)

LJ

Here's what a bullet fired from an AK-47 sounds like as it flies by a recording device.