LordJarhead

J.S.R.S. 2.2 Soundmod

The guys on PlayWithSix f*kt it up and just uploaded the patch files instead of the full mod WITH the patch files... i PMd one of them, hoping that they will fix it soon...

:)

Welcome back LJ, and thanks for fixing your irreplaceable mod. It's wonderful to have guns sound like guns again!

Thank you so much for the update bringing JSRS to 1.24. I know you've suffered a loss recently, and you have my condolences, and your effort means all the more for doing it while you're having a tough time. Stay classy LJ, stay classy.

It appears the BI update has made the great JSRS sound mod non-functional... BI has broken something they didn't make that actually made their game better... *sigh*

It appears the BI update has made the great JSRS sound mod non-functional... BI has broken something they didn't make that actually made their game better... *sigh*

Man bash BIS where it's due and not just out of principle. They introduced changes to how sounds work to improve their sounds, it's not like they deliberately broke other's work....

Back to topic, thanks for quick fixing LJ. When I heard that new patch will break your mod I was like, damn I'm not touching arma until JSRS is back :-). This is truly essential mod :-D

Man bash BIS where it's due and not just out of principle. They introduced changes to how sounds work to improve their sounds, it's not like they deliberately broke other's work....

Lighten up bro, the reality is, that the game is more playable and 1000x better because of efforts of the modding community and awesome mods like JSRS. I was simply highlighting the fact that this "update" killed a great mod, for now. Of course BI didn't intentionally mean to sabotage Jarhead's work.

LJ, I'm trying to encourage some of the great resources in my unit to see if they can help you out, a large portion of our unit uses (or used) your mod and we have some phenomenal programmers/scripters.

Only person who killed this mod is LordJarhead himself when he decided to move on something else. Can't blame him for that obviously, nor can you blame BiS for making changes the community has been asking for. As long as they keep updating their games, and improving it, it will break things. Not that much of a problem anyway seeing how fast Jarhead fixed it, thanks Jardhead. :)

Edited by dunedain

Only person who killed this mod is LordJarhead himself when he decided to move on something else. Can't blame him for that obviously, nor can you blame BiS for making changes the community has been asking for. As long as they keep updating their games, and improving it, it will break things. Not that much of a problem anyway seeing how fast Jarhead fixed it, thanks Jardhead. :)

Wouldn't have been so fast without Kerc Kasha and LAxemann who were so kind helping me out what the new update actually did, even before I knew there were changes that severe to the CFG's. So thanks to those guys as well at this point!

And saying "killed the mod" is kinda exaggerated, as the mod lives on as long as it gets used in the community :) Tho the new project would eat up all my time as it is ... gigantic.

LJ

Lighten up bro, the reality is, that the game is more playable and 1000x better because of efforts of the modding community and awesome mods like JSRS. I was simply highlighting the fact that this "update" killed a great mod, for now. Of course BI didn't intentionally mean to sabotage Jarhead's work.

LJ, I'm trying to encourage some of the great resources in my unit to see if they can help you out, a large portion of our unit uses (or used) your mod and we have some phenomenal programmers/scripters.

Haha alright. Well it seemed as unwarranted bashing post, we ve already seen enough of those. My mistake then :-)

Keys are not working... AGAIN!

[...] Well, "luckily" not much servers allow JSRS anyways :P

[...]

LJ

Well, the servers, that do count, allow them :D

Speaking of which - already got 3 people poking me on teamspeak about why they get kicked of our servers when using 2.1b :D Its not even 11 in the morning yet.

Thanks for the Mod and in advance for the keys.

Getting this error popping up pretty regularly:

Error in expression <elect 1) say3D (_this select 2);        DFyre_scrap_array set [count DFyre_scrap>
 Error position: <DFyre_scrap_array set [count DFyre_scrap>
 Error Undefined variable in expression: dfyre_scrap_array
File JSRS2_Distance\scripts\ammo\vehicle_weapon\30mm_cannon.sqf, line 24

Getting this error popping up pretty regularly:

Oups, yeah I know what is causing that, will fix it. Please remove the code, if you would be so kinda :) (too much informations right now)

LJ

PS: Also gotta sort out the keys for ya today!

It would be awesome if you could disable all that breathing sounds.

I don't think the point of JSRS is to alter gameplay mechanics. (And it shouldn't.)

It's an annoying sound, not a gameplay mechanic for me. It's to much over the top.

But that's only my opinion of course.

Check bCombat.

Yay!

I have these 2 errors showing up, also no sound at all when firing for the Marshall :

http://i.imgur.com/klnyTis.jpg (393 kB)

http://i.imgur.com/6tKmkcE.jpg (396 kB)

Yap, got those fixing. Still need the keys to be made and it'll be ready for update

LJ

---------- Post added at 05:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:02 PM ----------

Hi LJ, I found little issue with Sting 9mm (Scorpion Evo), there appears to be missing sound - http://youtu.be/iUB9tGLVGE0

Found it, fixing!

LJ, glad to see you are back!!!

few issues I noticed:

• Gunfire is terribly loud when spectating.
  • Theres a whiz sound that correspond to the engine RPM when driving the hunter, the Ifrit and all trucks.
  • Chem-lights emit a periodic strange sound, they should not have sound at all.
  • I'm not sure about this one but when someone throws a grenade it sounds like a grenade landed next to you.

Could you check all that?

Edited by Variable

Gunfire is terribly loud when spectating.

Already known; I usually use this in my missions to fix that :

//JSRS death screen fix
player addEventHandler ["killed", {5 fadeSound 0}];

;)

EDIT : Doh I'm tired, I thought you were speaking about the death screen...

Hey LordJarhead, your mod is accepted on our public server AND on our clan intern server its a requirement to join. Nice you still support it, very sad you wont work on it anymore the big way. But we are still happy to have such a good mod! We need also the key ;)

Yes Thanks for the update!!!

\

And thanks in advance for the keys... Our server allows jsrs and we have had a lot of people not be able to get in. We anxiously await your keypatch

And again Thanks for the update and the Assist: Kerc Kasha and LAxemann..