LordJarhead

J.S.R.S. 2.2 Soundmod

Yeah, I can confirm this. Sounds get obscenely loud when you are doing a spectator cam...also it seems like the sounds are pretty much coming from right on top of you, and not really directional when using the observer camera.

Confirmed.

Yeah, I can confirm this. Sounds get obscenely loud when you are doing a spectator cam...also it seems like the sounds are pretty much coming from right on top of you, and not really directional when using the observer camera.

Confirmed

So to summarize the problems for LJ

Sounds in Observer camera/Kill cam are very loud and not directional.

Armored vehicle coax MGs have missing sounds.

The same applies for the Speedboat miniguns.

Sounds need to be made for the two new Jets and the new Truck.

Chemlights constantly play the sound they make when they fall on ground.

The "shooting inside a building" soundeffect is audible over large distances.

Did I miss anything?

Edited by Tonci87

I think you got it all. ^^

I might add that the "inside a building" gunshot fx can be heard from afar, wich sounds a bit weird to me.

I can always tell if an enemy is in a building or not : shouldn't that effect be limited to the immediate vicinity of the firing unit? (Not sure I made myself clear - English ain't my native tongue.)

I think you got it all. ^^

I might add that the "inside a building" gunshot fx can be heard from afar, wich sounds a bit weird to me.

I can always tell if an enemy is in a building or not : shouldn't that effect be limited to the immediate vicinity of the firing unit? (Not sure I made myself clear - English ain't my native tongue.)

Yeah I know what you mean. You can hear the muffled sound effect from quite far away wich does sound a little bit strange.

I´ll add that.

I´ll also add the minigun thing. Now we need to motivate LJ enough that he continues working on this :)

Yeah I know what you mean. You can hear the muffled sound effect from quite far away wich does sound a little bit strange.

Confirmed. At first I wasn't sure what I was hearing :)

Also, when firing indoors you can still hear the sound echo.

When you fly a jet you hear the flyby jet-sound looping indefinitely. Thats very annoying and needs to be fixed.

Bug: T-100 is much too loud - to the point where the sound is already distortet.

Maybe by mistake the sound file playes 2 or 3 times?

Bug: T-100 is much too loud - to the point where the sound is already distortet.

Maybe by mistake the sound file playes 2 or 3 times?

Can not confirm.

Wich sound, interiour or exterior?

maybe I was exaggerating, but it felt a little loud - when I as driver turned out... (the bassy sounds seemes distorted). On the other hand its good to have a noisy machine..

Another point is the too loud target sound by rocket launchers. Can we tune that down a little? The sound is vanilla I guess where it was relatively more loud aswell

http://youtu.be/Rv36eQ9_3i4

So to summarize the problems for LJ

Thanks!

Sounds in Observer camera/Kill cam are very loud and not directional.

Not sure if I'm able to fix that, might need to ask my scripter Psycho :)

Armored vehicle coax MGs have missing sounds.

Gonna look into that...

The same applies for the Speedboat miniguns.

Never took care about boats so far... might do that now

Sounds need to be made for the two new Jets and the new Truck.

So Su25 and A10 plus what ever kinda truck there is, alright.

Chemlights constantly play the sound they make when they fall on ground.

Gotta take them out of the loop and gave them 0 volume :)

Large? How large? I'm sure its within a certain range but will check.

Did I miss anything?

Hope not. We'll see about that, I dont have had much time lately sitting infront of my PC so I gotta get back into arma for now. Updating it right now ;)

LJ

It´s not a SU25! It is a Yak 131. The Truck is a Kamaz Typhoon

Quick guys, help find videos showing how the stuff sounds

Watch from 1:49 onwards, it gives a general idea how this thing sounds but the video is completely missing the low spectrum.

Edited by Tonci87

Large? How large? I'm sure its within a certain range but will check.

I'm not good with distances, but I'd say you can easily hear it when you're 150 meters away (wich is already too much imo). One weird thing, is that it seems to completely override the weapon sfx : most of the time, you can hear the "inside fx", but not the gunshot itself.

Hope that helps you narrowing the issue! ;)

Has the Slammer gunner MG been said that it is barely audible above the engine sound ? Can't remember.

Hi guys,

I have a question:

Everytime I edit and have a Marshal on the mission, I'll get this line in the misson.sqm "jsrs2_amv7_marshal".

Why does it do that?

It makes it hard for me to make a mission for my group in which not everybody uses JSRS.

Hi guys,

I have a question:

Everytime I edit and have a Marshal on the mission, I'll get this line in the misson.sqm "jsrs2_amv7_marshal".

Why does it do that?

It makes it hard for me to make a mission for my group in which not everybody uses JSRS.

You can delete that line from your mission.sqm (near the top, just be careful of the ; formatting) or alternatively always start to edit a new mission without mods activated.

How does this MOD affects the general performance? Especially for someone who plays just Sa-Matra Wasteland?

You can delete that line from your mission.sqm (near the top, just be careful of the ; formatting) or alternatively always start to edit a new mission without mods activated.

Yeah I know that I can delete it...and I know that I can turn of JSRS, but it's still a bit annoying, cuz I normally forget to turn it of. XD

Some misinformation is being posted on REDDIT regarding JSRS. A couple users claim that it can slow down server performance and that it shouldn't be used by admins or clients. I've already posted my rebuttal and defended the mod, but those of you who are more tech savy than I should go on there and put some knowledge on these people.

http://www.reddit.com/r/arma/comments/22hfgr/request_for_all_server_admins/

It can slow down performance but if you're at the point that it will you've got a lot more problems with your setup than JSRS

Nou raises good points, it does generate a lot of RPT spam, hasn't really changed in that regard since A2. Additional network overheads might not really be an issue when you have 10/20/30 people but I would like to see how badly it impacts 80-100 player games.

Edit: If you run -nologs on the server you would probably mitigate the overhead to some degree.

After actually reading the thread yeah what Nou describes is correct which is why i'd only use it as a 'required' mod instead of chucking it on a public server as it does cause a lot of RPT spam if the server + clients aren't using it. This isn't really JSRS' fault as most of the spam is due to an arma bug

Everything is fine as long as everyone on the server is using JSRS. If that is not the case then there indeed can be problems. But that totally depends on the connection, and the Hardware of the people and server.