LordJarhead

J.S.R.S. 2.2 Soundmod

Unless the config file is super huge, I don't think it makes any difference.

It doesn't :)

LJ

Dont I have to do that anyways? :)

LJ

When you do, please make sure to eliminate the little bug that chemlights keep making their "fall on the ground" sound again and again. ;)

I'm attempting to replace RHARD's MK18 sounds with your MX rifle sounds. They just sound way better with the indoors and outdoors and suppressor effects. I'm looking through RHARD's config.bin file after extracting it with PBO Manager, and it's like looking at another language. I can't for the life of me figure out where to paste the bits that you posted. I might be in over my head since I'm new to all this. It's only for my personal use, just love your sounds and his rifles. Any advice on how to go about this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.

You know its normally best practice to ask the addon maker permission before editing their work.

Sorry LJ for this going off topic.

You know its normally best practice to ask the addon maker permission before editing their work.

Like I said, it's for my own personal use. I had also seen multiple posts about people editing his sounds on the RHARD thread, and people uploading edits to Armaholic, I don't think that he minds. I'm not attempting to take credit for others hard work. I assure you.

hey no Problem mate! You just do your job so all fine here :) Thanks!

LJ

hey jarhead just a heads up in the dev branch the 'closure' sounds for weapons are working again so the default closure sounds are playing over most weapons. this isn't an issue but for most of them they feel a bit loud compared to the actual gun sample (ie. the mx which seems like mostly mechanical noise) so might need to tweak them. Probably because your sample is set to volume 1 in the config and the vanilla closure is 1.4~

hey jarhead just a heads up in the dev branch the 'closure' sounds for weapons are working again so the default closure sounds are playing over most weapons. this isn't an issue but for most of them they feel a bit loud compared to the actual gun sample (ie. the mx which seems like mostly mechanical noise) so might need to tweak them. Probably because your sample is set to volume 1 in the config and the vanilla closure is 1.4~

Hey thanks for the hint. Yeah I probably gonna update a lot of things anyways when the next update gets applied! So this is getting interesting, seems like a new possibility to create more effects ontop of what we got already... hmm :)

LJ

Hey thanks for the hint. Yeah I probably gonna update a lot of things anyways when the next update gets applied! So this is getting interesting, seems like a new possibility to create more effects ontop of what we got already... hmm :)

LJ

keeps getting better and better ey ;)

LJ

Well, while you mention it:

Have you ever tried TPW Mods for Arma 3?

One of the components adds watersplashes on vehiclw windows when it´s raining. It looks amazing. When I tested that I got the feeling that something is still missing for total immersion.

The sound of raindrops hitting windows and the roof!

Any chance that this could be added?

Well, while you mention it:

Have you ever tried TPW Mods for Arma 3?

One of the components adds watersplashes on vehiclw windows when it´s raining. It looks amazing. When I tested that I got the feeling that something is still missing for total immersion.

The sound of raindrops hitting windows and the roof!

Any chance that this could be added?

As long as it is not scripted in some sorta way I guess it would be able. Might have to look at TPW then...

LJ

Nice idea! I might add, if it's doable of course, that a different rain sound fx when being inside a building would totally kick ass! :D

Nice idea! I might add, if it's doable of course, that a different rain sound fx when being inside a building would totally kick ass! :D

haha, yeah you are like ten years too late mate, I have this Idea already in OFP times :P Still didn't came to a good result heh

LJ

haha, yeah you are like ten years too late mate, I have this Idea already in OFP times :P Still didn't came to a good result heh

LJ

Hehe ^^'

I'd love to help - if only I had the knowledge... :(

Anyway, JSRS is just awesome - I know you're not completely satisfied with its current state (but is an artist ever happy with his work?) - but nonetheless, it already does an exceptionnal job at making Arma more immersive!

I'm discovering the campaign along with it; those explosion sounds in the distance are pure beauty - and I love the little details like the rifle clinging on your back.

Just one small question though : is it me or the sounds are a bit less loud than the A2CO version (especially the gunshots)?

I found another bug. The AAF Gorgon IFV doesn´t have a sound for the machinegun (i´m not talking about the cannon) when the distance to the IFV is <100 m

hey, thanks for this awesome mod. the gun and vehicle sounds are amazing.

But the jets engine sounds realy weird. as the pilot (3th persone) you hear a jet engine of a plane,

like you would if were standing on the ground hearing a jet fly over at a distance ? over and over again.

Is this supposed to be like this ?

Using the m4 distance sound effect I get an error saying that m4_inroom2 is missing

For me, the main (only?) shortcoming of this mod is the distance. While I definitely prefer JSRS over SOS close up, the JSRS sounds are just quieter, whereas SOS sounds decay over distance (for example, high pitches are gone by a certain distance, and only a rumble is heard). If JSRS could implement a similar level of detail for distance sounds (much of the combat in this game is experienced over distance, might I add :) ), then I would say JSRS would be a clear winner over SOS.

just my two cents,

the_Demongod

I got issues with making a small modification JSRS compatible.

The sounds plays just fine on the weapons specified, but the distance effect which drives interiors etc ( as specified on the front page ) doesn't seems to do anything.

tl;dr : My small modification works, but for some reason is not JSRS compatible when it should be.

Here's a bit of the code, maybe you could point me what's wrong.

class CfgWeapons {
class Rifle_Base_F;	// External class reference

class RH_m4 : Rifle_Base_F {
	jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_M4";
	reloadMagazineSound[] = {"\DRK_JSRS_M4\M4_Reload", 1, 1, 35};

class Single : Mode_SemiAuto {
		begin1[] = {"\DRK_JSRS_M4\M4_s1", 5, 1, 130};
		begin2[] = {"\DRK_JSRS_M4\M4_s2", 5, 1, 130};
		begin3[] = {"\DRK_JSRS_M4\M4_s3", 5, 1, 130};
		begin4[] = {"\DRK_JSRS_M4\M4_s4", 5, 1, 130};
		soundBegin[] = {"begin1", 0.25, "begin2", 0.25, "begin3", 0.25, "begin4", 0.25};
	};

class Burst : Mode_Burst {
		soundBegin[] = {"begin1", 0.25, "begin2", 0.25, "begin3", 0.25, "begin4", 0.25};
	};

class FullAuto : Mode_FullAuto {
	};
};

class RH_M4_M203 : RH_m4 {

};

};
};
class RH_M4_ris;	// External class reference

class RH_M4_ris_M203 : RH_M4_ris {

};

};
};

i am having a weird issue with this mod it works but then it dosnt work

the sounds are different when i shoot and i can hear ricochets but gun fire from other people dont sound very good but when i die and there is a firefight the sound effects are amazing the gun shots have a big bang to them and everything

but when im alive everything just sounds very plain

is this normal?

i am having a weird issue with this mod it works but then it dosnt work

the sounds are different when i shoot and i can hear ricochets but gun fire from other people dont sound very good but when i die and there is a firefight the sound effects are amazing the gun shots have a big bang to them and everything

but when im alive everything just sounds very plain

is this normal?

I think it's the other way around : gunshots are too loud when the player is dead (some settings not applying to cameras maybe?).

Please tell me you are going to change the sound of the A-164 Wipeout's main gun (fictional version of the GAU-8 Avenger) because now it sounds not even half as awesome as the GAU-8 does :(

LJ you really have to do something about those vehicle MGs. It is a huge immersion killer if you can´t hear the coax that is shooting you from 100m away.

LJ you really have to do something about those vehicle MGs. It is a huge immersion killer if you can´t hear the coax that is shooting you from 100m away.
I had the same problem before the win update, with the latest stable version and now with the latest dev version.

The Speedboat Minigun has the exact same problem (but the grenade launcher is working well).

I think it's the other way around : gunshots are too loud when the player is dead (some settings not applying to cameras maybe?).

Yeah, I can confirm this. Sounds get obscenely loud when you are doing a spectator cam...also it seems like the sounds are pretty much coming from right on top of you, and not really directional when using the observer camera.