LordJarhead

J.S.R.S. 2.2 Soundmod

Currently I thought using the vanilla ones would fit most peoples tastes since that's the standard!

Works for me! :)

Mod the bad stuff and keep the good stuff.

Noticed that the GBU12 is incredibly quiet when compared to 155mm HE arty shells, is it possible to tweak it?

If you compare the vanilla GBU12 explosion to the JSRS version it even seems that the vanilla is way louder (but not even close to how loud it should be).

Another thing I ran into is the 155 howitzers, they sound way too distant when hearing them from 700-800m, if that sound would kick in from 1500m it would be more authentic, in my humble opinion.

Keep up the good work, this mod really should be part of vanilla arma3.

PS: Yayyy 500th post is mine lol

I'm calling dibs on your 666th post, though. :p

Hey Jarhead,

is it possible to replace the bullet crack sounds with my own sounds? Some of them sound low quality (I'm sure they're not, but they still sound like they would, especially that particular one when the bullet flies by very very close) and not very appropriate in certain situations (I'm a veteran).

regards

I'm calling dibs on your 666th post, though. :p

I might just sneak in when I see 665 posts...:cool:

Would be nice to hear more decay of the higher pitches at long distances. Currently explosions sound just like quieter versions of when they are up close. In real life, the high pitches and cracks dissipate over longer distances and you end up hearing only the low rumble. Think fireworks from far away! Other than that, great mod.

just a note, the l85 distance sounds don't seem to have any sounds setup for it

Ups, gonna check that. thanks for the heads up mate! :)

Would be nice to hear more decay of the higher pitches at long distances. Currently explosions sound just like quieter versions of when they are up close. In real life, the high pitches and cracks dissipate over longer distances and you end up hearing only the low rumble. Think fireworks from far away! Other than that, great mod.

Acutelly there are no distance effects for explosions. so what you hear ARE quieter verions of the normal sounds but just muffled through filters...

LJ

---------- Post added at 08:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 AM ----------

I might just sneak in when I see 665 posts...:cool:

Forget it, it'll be MINEEEEEEEE :D

Hi LJ,

I'm not sure if someone ask on this before, but is JSRS2 server side addon? Because we don't have it on server and when someone do mission, it won't run on server because of missing addon jsrs2_amv7_marshal.

So is this issue or it's JSRS2 also server side?

Thanks!

Hi LJ,

I'm not sure if someone ask on this before, but is JSRS2 server side addon? Because we don't have it on server and when someone do mission, it won't run on server because of missing addon jsrs2_amv7_marshal.

So is this issue or it's JSRS2 also server side?

Thanks!

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?170226-Jsrs2-1&p=2622702&viewfull=1#post2622702

Hello LordJarhead,

I would like to thank you for the sound mod! At first versions (2.0 versions) I didn't like the mode because something was not natural.

On the version 2.1 I can tell you the sounds look better and I for one enjoy using this sound mode. You're on the right way ;)

Personaly would like to ask you if you will release a new JSRS image logo for the current version (current version JSRS 2.1.)

On my vídeos I'm using this logo image to easily infor JSRS is being used, are you going to update the JSRS Logo for the current version?

JSRS_2_0_forum.png

For those that have not yet heared JSRS 2.1 version I leave here na vídeo using this version an exemple on how it sounds like while playing an ordinary mission.

_V06XwOf374

http://youtu.be/_V06XwOf374

@bravo 6:

Yeah nice to hear you like it now. There have been alot of changes during the development of JSRS2.1, some are minor in size but in the overall feeling the mod works way better now.

Well I was talking to Johnn (Yokhanan) who created the Logo and he is changing the logo when he can find the time. I was totally missing this point as I developed the new update. So it was a bit my own fault. We gonna change the logo soonish ;)

Thanks for the videos, keep posting, I gonna update the front page and update it with your videos so every can find them :)

Thanks a lot,

LJ

May be worth dropping the .0 so the logo is current for all versions of JSRS2 ?

probably because "2.0" has developed its own meaning as a next generation thing.

I'll leave the logo update for JSRS team, but if you need my help to update it, let me know. I'll be glad to help with it. :)

the sample videos have embedding disabled, can't watch them here.

Pure epic mod. Love everything about it!

Here to report a bug: Some explosion sounds are not able to be turned down with the effect slider.

How to reproduce: Set up some explosions (an havoc doing a gun run on a vehicle, a tank getting blown up) and try to adjust your effect slider in audio options all the way down.

Thanks - 2rmina2r

Just got around to testing this now and its awesome!! Can't believe I've been playing without it! Firefights are a lot better!

Thanks LJ. Been using your mod since A2 and can't play without it!! Appreciate all your efforts good sir! :)

LordJarhead, here are some fresh vídeos from last night using JSRS 2.1 version if you want to add them to 1st post go ahead ;)

tavAh0pf1_k

spTMdqSvwsk

One observation to logo: when youtube pic is dark, its hard to understand the JSRS logo. If you have a logo with differente effects for dark images let me know.

Hey Bravo 6,

thanks for posting the video, I will keep updating the front page.

Also I will see what I can do for a white logo maybe :)

LJ

Thanks Lord for JSRS and Bravo6 for your shameless self promotion ;-) - I like your videos.

;) thanks Yokhanan and all JSRS team!

Aww shucks, you're welcome. I have to admit, this is by far my favorite logo I've done for our studio. Although the new studio logo is also a runner-up. I'd call it a tie, at the moment....(but I like this one more, shhh. :p)