LordJarhead

J.S.R.S. 2.2 Soundmod

So like in Arma 2 there is no way to play Online with this mod?

I just see red Servers and everytime I try to join I get kicked out :(.

But so far you´ve done a great job!

This mod should be mandatory for Arma 3 - it's that good and crucial for the experience.

-- I would love to see BI stand up one day and say "HEY, Let's do the RIGHT THING and combine the game with the top mods !!" #Arma4

So like in Arma 2 there is no way to play Online with this mod?

I just see red Servers and everytime I try to join I get kicked out :(.

But so far you´ve done a great job!

Depends on what server you join. Our server, for example, allows it icon14.png

So do ours, but WaffelO's post said in Arma2......This is an Arma3 mod, there is an Arma2 version of JSRS if needed.

Has the JSRS being added as a dependency for missions been fixed?

I spend all day editing a mission with JSRS on, all the time, and there's no dependency :)

Have to admit, ive yet to see this actually happen, but ive only been using JSRS for a little over a week anyway.

Not sure if this bug exists in 2.1 as I'm still using the previous version but I was getting a lot of RPT spam of this:

Cannot load sound 'jsrs2_sonic_cracks\small\bb_9x21_far.wss'

when being shot at by Sting SMGs

edit: yep in 2.1 too, looks like someone typo'd :eek:

Edited by Kerc Kasha

Hi Guys

Ive just downloaded & installed this MOD & I need a small bit of help please. Ive just built a mission with the MOD but after about 30 mins of game play the sound crashes. I get NO sound at all. Has anyone else had this problem before & if so how do i put it right please? My sound source is at 128 as the instructions say. The Mod is enabled in the game, no probs (i get a picture of the Mod by my CBA).

Please can someone help?

Cheers

---------- Post added at 10:12 ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 ----------

I spend all day editing a mission with JSRS on, all the time, and there's no dependency :)

Have to admit, ive yet to see this actually happen, but ive only been using JSRS for a little over a week anyway.

Ive just spent a wk building a mission with this Mod enabled & after about 30 mins of game play i get NO sound! the Sound crashes i think! I decide to unable it & go back to SOS, go back in the editor to save the mission again & it wont let me as its JSRS dependent now!!!!!! Is there anything i can do to save my mission with SOS again?

Cheers

Ive just spent a wk building a mission with this Mod enabled & after about 30 mins of game play i get NO sound! the Sound crashes i think! I decide to unable it & go back to SOS, go back in the editor to save the mission again & it wont let me as its JSRS dependent now!!!!!! Is there anything i can do to save my mission with SOS again?

Cheers

In your mission.sqm one or both of the first two lists will have some part of JSRS as a requirement - need to delete that line and it should work. Not had any problems here with 2.1 though, even after five hours of play.

In your mission.sqm one or both of the first two lists will have some part of JSRS as a requirement - need to delete that line and it should work. Not had any problems here with 2.1 though, even after five hours of play.

Thanks mate. Do you know what might make my sound disappear then mate? I'd like to stick with this Mod if i can.

Cheers

Cheers

I wonder what makes the difference, why you got the dependency and i havent?

I dunno...

Thanks mate. Do you know what might make my sound disappear then mate? I'd like to stick with this Mod if i can.

Cheers

No idea I'm afraid, but try checking the .rpt file after you have the problem. I don't know how to read them, really, but they are the logs the game produces, and if you have a problem it should be in there. Perhaps if you find a relevant part, posting it here somebody might be able to help. (It's found in AppData\Local\Arma 3\)

I just installed the JSRS 2.1 mode and the latest CBA mod, for the most part JSRS is running smooth. I only encounter a few instances where some sound effects arnt being played past 15 meters. Grenade explosions from hand grenade and underbarrel launcher arnt making sound effects past 15 meters. I did a test to see in the editor if an enemy was shotting at me with a rifle from a long distance if id be able to hear gunfire, and i did, i can also hear long distance satchel charges going off. Is it just me or is every one experiencing the same instance? Can any one help me out with this?

Edit: rocket launchers also do not have sound effect apon detination at ranges past 10 meters and same with vehicle explosions.

I just installed the JSRS 2.1 mode and the latest CBA mod, for the most part JSRS is running smooth. I only encounter a few instances where some sound effects arnt being played past 15 meters. Grenade explosions from hand grenade and underbarrel launcher arnt making sound effects past 15 meters. I did a test to see in the editor if an enemy was shotting at me with a rifle from a long distance if id be able to hear gunfire, and i did, i can also hear long distance satchel charges going off. Is it just me or is every one experiencing the same instance? Can any one help me out with this?

Edit: rocket launchers also do not have sound effect apon detination at ranges past 10 meters and same with vehicle explosions.

Please some more informations: What other mods are you running along with JSRS? Any other mods using scripts? You have the latest CBA version and sample rates set to 128 (not that that would explain the issue I'm afraid). Look up the RPT file as soon as you get this issue! Post if there is a report of JSRS in it (There are around 400+ because its listing up the involved pbo files, so dont post those obviously!)

@Pipyn1970

Never create a mission with mods enabled you wont be required in the end! Even if this is a sound mod, doesn't matter! Second: Do you use any other mods besides JSRS and CBA when you get the 30mins issue? Look up the RPT file as soon as you get this issue! Post if there is a report of JSRS in it (There are around 400+ because its listing up the involved pbo files, so dont post those obviously!)

LJ

Please some more informations: What other mods are you running along with JSRS? Any other mods using scripts? You have the latest CBA version and sample rates set to 128 (not that that would explain the issue I'm afraid). Look up the RPT file as soon as you get this issue! Post if there is a report of JSRS in it (There are around 400+ because its listing up the involved pbo files, so dont post those obviously!)

LJ

I only run CBA and your mod and yes i have sample rate to 128, i just removed the files from arma and then re-extracted JSRS 2.1 and CBA into arma 3 again and now i can here distant explosions :) everything seems to be working now. Just a quick question though, out of curiosity why do some weapons, most noticably the snipers have a clicky sound when firing in first person, right after the bullet has left the barrel there is a clicky noise similar to the sound made by changing weapons.

P.S. Amazing work on this mod, so emersive!

Edited by Ghostwolf

I only run CBA and your mod and yes i have sample rate to 128, i just removed the files from arma and then re-extracted JSRS 2.1 and CBA into arma 3 again and now i can here distant explosions :) everything seems to be working now. Just a quick question though, out of curiosity why do some weapons, most noticably the snipers have a clicky sound when firing in first person, right after the bullet has left the barrel there is a clicky noise similar to the sound made by changing weapons.

Great to hear that :) Enjoy!

LJ

Hi I have tested your mod with this config:

Sample rate 128

Arma 3 mappack (Chernarus)

CBA3

Jsrs 2.1 (fresh intall with complete new download)

And flying with a chopper I find that the explosion of the missile fail to play the sound (only works sometimes) the far away explosion dont make sound sometimes.

How I can enable the reports to make one and send you?

Awesome mod congrats too, good job!

Could it be the bullet cartridge falling to the ground?

Yay!

I think I know what the problem is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_of_sound And your heli's engine is too loud to hear the explosion.

P.S. I found a problem: mg on Mora (IND heavy APC) absolutely silent on distance, maybe another vehicles (marshal, tanks) have that problem too. Can anyone confirm?

Edited by IHUNTERI

Downloading now! Will be on our server today. Donated! Thanks.

I think I know what the problem is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_of_sound And your heli's engine is too loud to hear the explosion.

P.S. I found a problem: mg on Mora (IND heavy APC) absolutely silent on distance, maybe another vehicles (marshal, tanks) have that problem too. Can anyone confirm?

No, even with the sound of the rotor there's no sound with some explosion.

I use this helicopter because the sound of the main roto is lesser loud than black foot, and no sound with same explosion in the distance.

what weapon packs use JSRS sounds? I find that is the only reason I won't download 3rd party weapons.

I make a video with the issue.

You can see a severe delay in the explosion - 500mlseg or more- and missed explosions too.

Apart from some mission explosions, the delay is due to the distance that the sound must travel.

To that explosion issues you have: This is not a bug. actually I'm using the vanilla ArmA3 explosion filter effects. This filter techniques change the sounds randomly by given values. So some explosions are louder, some are quiet, some are bassy while others are crispy with a lot of distortion! I myswlf could make new filter values but it will always run down to the same kinda randomized effects in the end. Currently I thought using the vanilla ones would fit most peoples tastes since that's the standard!

But please, keep posting your issues and rpt reports. I'll make a list and update JSRS further :)

Thank you!

LJ

PS: Yayyy 500th post is mine lol