LordJarhead

J.S.R.S. 2.2 Soundmod

I've never been able to join any server with JSRS in arma3, even when these servers advertise JSRS compatibility and show up green in the server list.

There were no problems in arma2 with that, any ideas what's going on?

The keys are installed properly still I get the "key not accepted by this server" errors.

Somehow I can't seem to hear distant artillery impacts (more than 3km away from me) with 1.1, no idea if this is intended.

Seems to be the NATO weapons that are the ones not working properly, even though some of the other side's weapons aren't that punchy either.

I have a second PC with arma 3 on so tried it on there thinking maybe it could be a creative soundcard/driver issue but still the same result so can't be that.

Have a listen to what I'm getting....

http://members.westnet.com.au/scott_k/not%20much/arma%203%20JSRS2.0.mp4

Seems to be the NATO weapons that are the ones not working properly, even though some of the other side's weapons aren't that punchy either.

I have a second PC with arma 3 on so tried it on there thinking maybe it could be a creative soundcard/driver issue but still the same result so can't be that.

Have a listen to what I'm getting....

http://members.westnet.com.au/scott_k/not%20much/arma%203%20JSRS2.0.mp4

I'm getting the same issue, it's only like that in first person it sounds fine in third person

---------- Post added at 06:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:17 PM ----------

I found the issue:

Cannot load sound 'jsrs2_mx\mx_s1.wss' etc,

all the non _c pbos are missing so the actual sounds are gone, this is my bad as I cleared out the directory and didn't install 2.0 first

Edited by Kerc Kasha

I'm getting the same issue, it's only like that in first person it sounds fine in third person

---------- Post added at 06:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:17 PM ----------

I found the issue:

Cannot load sound 'jsrs2_mx\mx_s1.wss' etc,

all the non _c pbos are missing so the actual sounds are gone, this is my bad as I cleared out the directory and didn't install 2.0 first

Hey you're right, 3rd person is fine!

So hang on how did you fix it?? I've not had any earlier versions of JSRS on, this is my 1st go with it

Hey you're right, 3rd person is fine!

So hang on how did you fix it??

you need to download and install 2.0 first and then install the update over it.

you need to download and install 2.0 first and then install the update over it.

Yep my bad thanks mate it's working now.

After updating the players have problems when you try to join a dedicated server. Green server, but players kicked from server for no reason. Any ideas? The reason some files, maybe they are not signed.

Nice work LJ! Sounds great... only thing I have seen that's messed up is Perals A10C sounds like a ATV when it flies by...

I was a little confused at first too. Doesn't quite help that the two updates logically translate to "1.1". That explains why it doesn't work correctly with withSix (if i understood the previous posts right).

Anyways, i got it to work and i love it. Keep up the amazing work. :)

So that means i need the JSRS Final Release, the 1.0001 Update and the update which was released yesterday to get it to work properly?

After updating the players have problems when you try to join a dedicated server. Green server, but players kicked from server for no reason. Any ideas? The reason some files, maybe they are not signed.

Same. No one can join our server with the latest update.

So that means i need the JSRS Final Release, the 1.0001 Update and the update which was released yesterday to get it to work properly?

I would assume so. At least that's how i did it.

Ok,

should have made a clear explanation. I mean come on guys, its an UPDATE, not a new mod^^ If you update a game you dont remove the game first and install the update into... nothing? :)

Yes, you need JSRS2.0, the first release, donwload it, unpack it, then download Update 1.1 and install it the same way, just overwrite and replace files if asked, done.

Are there any files named specifically when trying to join a server?

LJ

Yes, on our servers the same problem. not possible to join the servers with this update.

Yes, on our servers the same problem. not possible to join the servers with this update.

RPT or ServerRPT saying anything specifically?

LJ

Dennis,

Pauld From kellys hereos here we are getting the same issues as the above, currently getting session lost after updating to the current version of JSRS

Dennis,

Pauld From kellys hereos here we are getting the same issues as the above, currently getting session lost after updating to the current version of JSRS

Hey Paul,

ok i'll upload a new JSRS version. JSRS2.1 then. No updates anymore, we do it this way then... gonna test is first though.

LJ

Same here, says server key not accepting certain .pbo's.

Ok,

should have made a clear explanation. I mean come on guys, its an UPDATE, not a new mod^^ If you update a game you dont remove the game first and install the update into... nothing? :)

Yeah, but I think the issue is that it doesn't really say anywhere that it's an incremental update and not just "version 1.1". Not a big deal, but you basically have to look at the file sizes for it to make sense.

Again though, AWESOME job with the directional close-range sounds.

im noticing alot of third and first person weapon sound bugs and im not missing any of the other jsrs files but for the other parts that are working it sounds EPIC

What's "a lot"? And what specifically. Trialed the update before release and didn't notice any 1st person sound bugs personally. And that's with running JSRS, CAF_Aggressors, A3Map pack, and tons of other addons together. It'll help a bit if we can get some specifics to look into. Thanks. :)

i have a bunch of different mods, i know one was the M249/MK48/M240 from Maasis pack and one was the stock mk200 or whatever that nato belt fed gun is called.