LordJarhead

J.S.R.S. 2.2 Soundmod

Rob,

you are the BEST mate! Will get it and apply it to an update! Stay tuned guys, will deploy an update soonish :)

LJ

Ok,

good news and bad news:

Good: I think I FINALLY fix that directional, locational issue we had all along, where you weren't able to locate the shooter, seems like I found my issue, need some more testing but on a short stereo headphones run it worked brilliant!

Bad: The update will be giant :P

LJ

Ok,

good news and bad news:

Good: I think I FINALLY fix that directional, locational issue we had all along, where you weren't able to locate the shooter, seems like I found my issue, need some more testing but on a short stereo headphones run it worked brilliant!

LJ

Out of curiosity, what was the problem?

Too large scaled distances for the close range sounds. Actually trying to find the best way between too close and too far now. But at least we should get rid of that damn issue :)

LJ

Oh man, i´ve ordered awesome open headphones and they are still not here.

I hope i get them when the new updates hits. Im so excited.

LordJarhead you are awesome dude ! Thank you for all your work.

It's worth it! :)

Ok,

good news and bad news:

LJ

Good news ... great !

Bad news ... DO IT ! We need JSRS and we don't care about the size.

Little overview on upcoming update 1.1:

Changelog Version 1.1:

Changed: Values on configs for distance and volume on the AH9_Pawnee

Changed: Values on configs for distance and volume on the AH99_Blackfoot

Changed: Values on configs for distance and volume on the CH49_Mohawk

Changed: Values on configs for distance and volume on the Mi48_Kajman

Changed: Values on configs for distance and volume on the Po30_Orca

Changed: Values on configs for distance and volume on the UH80_Ghosthawk

Changed: Values on configs for distance and volume on the Wy-55_Hellcat

Changed: Values on configs for distance and volume on the 2s9_Sorcher

Changed: Values on configs for distance and volume on the BTR-K_Kamysh

Changed: Values on configs for distance and volume on the FV-720_Mora

Changed: Values on configs for distance and volume on the IFV-6a_Cheetah

Changed: Values on configs for distance and volume on the IFV-6c_Panther

Changed: Values on configs for distance and volume on the M2A1_Slammer

Changed: Values on configs for distance and volume on the M4_Scorcher

Changed: Values on configs for distance and volume on the M5_Sandstorm

Changed: Values on configs for distance and volume on the MBT-52_Kuma

Changed: Values on configs for distance and volume on the T100_Varsuk

Changed: Values on configs for distance and volume on the ZSU-39_Tigris

Changed: Values on configs for distance and volume on the AFV4_Gorgon

Changed: Values on configs for distance and volume on the AMV7_Mashal

Changed: Values on configs for distance and volume on the Hunter

Changed: Values on configs for distance and volume on the Ifrit

Changed: Values on configs for distance and volume on the MSE-3_Marid

Changed: Values on configs for distance and volume on the Offroad

Changed: Values on configs for distance and volume on the Strider

Changed: Values on configs for distance and volume on the SUV

Changed: Values on configs for distance and volume on the Truck1 / 2

Changed: Values on configs for distance and volume on the Van

Fixed class inheritance, updated class: EBR_c

Fixed class inheritance, updated class: FS2000_c

Fixed class inheritance, updated class: MX_c

Fixed class inheritance, updated class: Silencers_c

Fixed class inheritance, updated class: Trg20_c

Updated class: All vehicle weapons

Changed: Values for explosions, might need more fixing

Added: New sounds for different Stance modes and player action (like changing weapons)

Changed: Distance and volume values for footsteps and gear soundsamples

Added: Overworked environment soundeffects

Changed: Inroom sounds volume on distances

Fixed: directional and locational issue in close range combat

Changed: Overall volume of distance effects

Changed: Volume for all vehicles background noises

Added: Script supports third party silencers when using the jsrs2_distance_codes in mods

Signed and Packed: 148 files total, 835mb unpacked size.

LJ

I am overly excited, LordJarhead! Thank you so much for your dedication!

Did you have any plans on putting some sounds in there that aren't in the vanilla game but that could be used by 3rd party modders? For example, M4 or AK sounds. I know you have the (awesome) library for those, so wasn't sure if you were going to eventually include them as a resource. The M4 sounds aren't that big a deal, since you already have 5.56 sounds for the Tavor which are close enough, but decent "native" AK sounds aren't really available yet.

Regardless, looking forward to the update.

Did you have any plans on putting some sounds in there that aren't in the vanilla game but that could be used by 3rd party modders? For example, M4 or AK sounds. I know you have the (awesome) library for those, so wasn't sure if you were going to eventually include them as a resource. The M4 sounds aren't that big a deal, since you already have 5.56 sounds for the Tavor which are close enough, but decent "native" AK sounds aren't really available yet.

I was going to ask the same thing, even porting/upgrading the ones from 1.5 would be nice!

If you are at a distance less than 100 meters from the sound source, define the position of the source becomes impossible. This is due to the very high volume of sounds "distance_xxx.pbo" at close range. Jitteriness is that these sounds do not come from the source, and of a spherical region around the source of approximately 100 meters, if you go into a spherical region, the direction of the sound source disappears. I recorded a short video demonstration of what is happening. If you disable "distance_xxx.pbo", then positioning is good, it helps to understand where the source of sound, even if you are next to him. If you enable "distance_xxx.pbo" and then go on a distance less than 100 meters from the sound source, "distance_xxx.pbo" begins to drown out the sounds of "zafir_xxx.pbo" (gun sounds):

. Can you fix this problem? If you are at a close distance from the enemy, you do not understand where he's shooting.

If you are at a distance less than 100 meters from the sound source, define the position of the source becomes impossible. This is due to the very high volume of sounds "distance_xxx.pbo" at close range. Jitteriness is that these sounds do not come from the source, and of a spherical region around the source of approximately 100 meters, if you go into a spherical region, the direction of the sound source disappears. I recorded a short video demonstration of what is happening. If you disable "distance_xxx.pbo", then positioning is good, it helps to understand where the source of sound, even if you are next to him. If you enable "distance_xxx.pbo" and then go on a distance less than 100 meters from the sound source, "distance_xxx.pbo" begins to drown out the sounds of "zafir_xxx.pbo" (gun sounds):
. Can you fix this problem? If you are at a close distance from the enemy, you do not understand where he's shooting.

If you had read this thread you would know that it is already fixed. LordJarhead has announced that he will upload an update soon.

If you had read this thread you would know that it is already fixed. LordJarhead has announced that he will upload an update soon.

I'm sorry, and thank you very much, this is great news!

Sorry if it's the wrong thread but...

I want to use JSRS in MP on a listen server. I am hosting.

Do I just have to run JSRS when I create the server? Do the other people that join the server need JSRS installed too?

What about the server key thing? Is it only for dedicated servers?

Jeees, that would draw me back hours of work :) Actually would need to update all the old sound effects from ArmA2 JSRS 1.5 and write new script entries plus add all the new/old sounds to it (1.700 sound effects, 180MB).

Hmm, you know it would actually kick JSRS up to another, third party mod friendly mod, wouldn't it? Pfff... ok, gotta add some basic weapons then ;)

Give me some time for this update!

LJ

---------- Post added at 06:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 PM ----------

Sorry if it's the wrong thread but...

I want to use JSRS in MP on a listen server. I am hosting.

Do I just have to run JSRS when I create the server? Do the other people that join the server need JSRS installed too?

What about the server key thing? Is it only for dedicated servers?

Not sure what you mean with "listen server". So normally you just allow the mod (adding the key to signature the addon) and everyone can join it with or without JSRS as the player likes. Loading JSRS on the server isn't recommended but possible

LJ

UPDATE:

Gonna update around 800 sounds now, the new weapon sounds for mod authors are the followings:

1911, Ak47, Ak74, BigSniper, DMR, DSHK, Fal, G36, Glock, Javelin, Launcher, LAW, M2, M4, M9, M14, M16, M24, M240, M249, MP (Machine pistol), PK (PKM), PM (Makarov), RPG, RPK, Scar, Shotgun, Stinger, SVD.

Also SD sounds for each weapons, though I can't promise they wont work as well as the new JSRS2.0 ones do, since they ran on a different script back in the A2 days ;)

LJ

Edited by LordJarhead

So will these new weapon sounds happen if you use a mod with that weapon, overwriting the weapon mod sound files, or do the weapon mod people need to support these JSRS sounds?

Jeees, that would draw me back hours of work :) Actually would need to update all the old sound effects from ArmA2 JSRS 1.5 and write new script entries plus add all the new/old sounds to it (1.700 sound effects, 180MB).

Hmm, you know it would actually kick JSRS up to another, third party mod friendly mod, wouldn't it? Pfff... ok, gotta add some basic weapons then ;)

Give me some time for this update!

LJ

Whoops! Didn't mean to make more work, was just curious if it was already in your plans. But I greatly appreciate the added work. Thanks and really looking forward to the update!

So will these new weapon sounds happen if you use a mod with that weapon, overwriting the weapon mod sound files, or do the weapon mod people need to support these JSRS sounds?

Well actually if someone makes an weapon addon, lets say an M4 pack, he simply put in an entry in his config and he is using a set of sounds he choose (jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_m4"; ) for example. The player would need JSRS 2.0 loaded, otherwise it wouldn't work obviously. So in this case the author of that M4 pack can provide two configs, one with the jsrs_soundeffect code and one without it, so the player can choose in the end ;)

Ok, updated the Mod Author note:

For Mod Authors, Important:

To those of you who would like to have proper JSRS sounds (Distance sounds, Firstperson noises and Inroom echoes)

I'll show you how you can set up your config file to apply your mod running along with JSRS 2.0. The Example Config here shows:

!The marked entry!

class xx_xxxx_xxxx: Rifle_Base_F
   {
      [color=#b22222][b] jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_FS2000";[/b][/color]
       reloadMagazineSound[] = {"JSRS2_TRG20\TRG20_reload", 0.362341, 1, 100};
       drySound[] = {"JSRS2_TRG20\TRG20_dry", 0.362341, 1, 100};
       modes[] = {"Single","FullAuto"};
       class Single: Mode_SemiAuto

The code "jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_FS2000";" contains and manages all soundinformations (Indoor, FPS, Distance) of the given JSRS2 Effect, in this case the weapon is using the FS2000 effects (In JSRS FS2000 means Mk20)! You can choose any of the given JSRS2_Effects, which are:

JSRS 2.0 Sounds:

Handguns:

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_4five

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_ebr

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_fs2000

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_kaybhar

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_m200

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_mx

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_ramin

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_p07

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_rook40

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_acp

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_scorpion

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_sdar

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_snip1

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_tavor

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_vetcor

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_zafir

Launchers:

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_nlaw

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_rpg

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_titan

Vehicle weapons:

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_30mm_Autocannon

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_30mm_Cannon

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_35mm_Autocannon

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_40mm_Autocannon

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_120mm_Cannon

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_155mm_AMOS

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_230mm_Titan

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_autocannon

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_DAR

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_ gmg20

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_gmg40

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_hmg_127

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_lmg_rcws

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_m134

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_Skalpel_ATGM

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_Skyfire

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_Vehicle_Titan

JSRS 1.5 Sounds:

Handguns:

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_1911

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_Ak47

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_Ak74

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_BigSniper

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_DMR

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_Fal

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_L85

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_G36

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_Glock

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_M4

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_M9

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_M14

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_M16

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_M24

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_M240

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_M249

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_MP

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_PK

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_PM

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_RPG

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_RPK

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_Scar

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_Shotgun

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_Stinger

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_SVD

Launchers:

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_Javelin

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_Launcher

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_LAW

Vehicle Weapons:

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_M2, DSHK

Each jsrs_soundeffect code addresses over 70 sounds that will be played with your weapon for inroom, distances and first person cam!

Now you are able to let the player choose, either you give them full JSRS2.0 support by adding the jsrs_soundeffect =" entry in your config or you dont. I would suggest to provide both ways and let the player decide. But always give a non-JSRS config into your mod as well as some don't use this mod and though they couldn't use yours!

Whats VERY important, as you can see in the config above, you have to change your distance values in your configs to 130meters ( begin1[] = {"JSRS2_ACPC\Pistol_s1", 1, 1, 130}; ) Otherwise you have overlapping sounds!

Edited by LordJarhead

Thanks for posting that info, I'm thinking of editing on or two of the mods with weapons I have installed because the sounds are so terrible, can't tell who is shooting me from where and how far at all. Been using your mods for too long maybe! ;)

No problem :)

Ok, updated the patch with 800 new files, new unpacked size is around 890mb, packed just 500 or so. Will upload soonish ;)

Thanks,

LJ

PS: Will upload an JSRS-Studios Free Sound Samples package so mod authors can use from a set of updated stereo sounds to use for their weapons.

Edited by LordJarhead