LordJarhead

J.S.R.S. 2.2 Soundmod

As soon as I can get some time for this mod again I'll do all necessary updates and will advance it as well. As John did not stated, Arcus Interactive did not applied any deadline to my work, so I'm literally on my own with their sounds and can take some time off some day to spent it for JSRS ;)LJ

Congrats mate - good to see you getting some recognition for all the endless hours you've put in :)

This is great news LJH. About time too! Updates for JSRS can come in time. Well done.

As John did not stated, Arcus Interactive did not applied any deadline to my work, so I'm literally on my own with their sounds and can take some time off some day to spent it for JSRS ;)

LJ

Not if I keep you working on Project ASTFOR. Why do you think I didn't tell the community you weren't on deadline? lol j/k

Hadn't posted in here for ages. Congratulations on your release mate! Really good soundmod but I have couple objections.

Explosion sounds, specifically artillery ones have too high treshold. When playing JSRS 2.0 I could hear arty rounds exploding from about 5 km distance as they were 700-1 km away. I would suggest cutting higher frequencies and making them more bassy instead.

Indoor sounds are hearable outdoor - sounds great. Nice addition to that system would be outdoor sounds a little bit muffled indoors. Gives kind of environmental separation feeling.

Last and just a gimmick. Did you considered impact sounds for grenades and smoke grenades? Like that - coca-cola can dropped on the tarmac for smoke grenade or whatever :) Would sound rather fancy.

Overall great job with the mod and it's JSRS of best quality i've heard since your ArmA 2 project.

Cheers :)

Way back when I promised I'd get some new environmental samples. Unfortunately, it required a long trip to get them, which I haven't been able to take until now, but that trip is now just around the corner. I'll be heading first to the coast, then up to the highlands. Are you still in need of environmental samples, and do you have any specific requests?

Congrats on the new job!

Hey DNK,

actually I'm always in need of high quality sound effects, and not only for ArmA ;) So if you have something to share, I'm always glad to take it :)

Thanks a lot for the heads up!

LJ

Not sure if this has been reported, or if anyone can confirm...

It seems there is no 3rd person sound to the Mk200 LMG if used with a suppressor. In 1st person you hear it fine, just nothing in 3rd. You can hear the snap of the rounds if you traverse the view to the front, but that about it.

Confirmed, glad to see it's not just me :)

Seems to be no sound if you stand in front of the gun holder, but sound if you are behind him. (Mk200 LMG silenced)

Jarhead i have a question,

is there any way you can make it so its compatible with mod sounds like an echo effect for using RH M4s in building like the MX has?

Jarhead i have a question,

is there any way you can make it so its compatible with mod sounds like an echo effect for using RH M4s in building like the MX has?

For that, the configs by those mods would need an update which only their author can do so, and if those authors have questions how to do so, they can PM me :)

LJ

Played enough time with JSRS 2, and found a couple of problems for yourself:

1) Machine Gun "zafir" has a bad positioning. At a distance of about 50 meters and closer from the firing is impossible to determine the direction of where is the fire.

2) Sounds steps too quiet, and fade to a very small distance, I almost never hear that the enemy came close to me. I read in a book for training saboteurs following: Steps - 30 meters, the sound of a broken stick under the foot - 70 meters, Climb of -16 meters, talk - 90 meters, cough - 40 meters.

LordJarhead, what do you think about this?

FHQ Accessories no longer works with this.

I've been using both just fine, here. What are you running? It helps to be more specific for troubleshooting than just typing, "Yeah something stopped working...fix it, please." sort of posts. :)

Updated Frontpage for Mod Support:

For Mod Authors, Important:

To those of you who would like to have proper JSRS sounds (Distance sounds, Firstperson noises and Inroom echoes)

I'll show you how you can set up your config file to apply your mod running along with JSRS 2.0. The Example Config here shows:

!The marked entry!

class xx_xxxx_xxxx: Rifle_Base_F
   {
      [color=#b22222][b] jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_FS2000";[/b][/color]
       reloadMagazineSound[] = {"JSRS2_TRG20\TRG20_reload", 0.362341, 1, 100};
       drySound[] = {"JSRS2_TRG20\TRG20_dry", 0.362341, 1, 100};
       modes[] = {"Single","FullAuto"};
       class Single: Mode_SemiAuto

The code "jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_FS2000";" contains and manages all soundinformations (Indoor, FPS, Distance) of the given JSRS2 Effect, in this case the weapon is using the FS2000 effects (In JSRS FS2000 means Mk20)! You can choose any of the given JSRS2_Effects, which are:

JSRS 2.0 Sounds:

Handguns:

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_4five

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_ebr

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_fs2000

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_kaybhar

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_m200

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_mx

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_ramin

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_p07

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_rook40

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_acp

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_scorpion

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_sdar

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_snip1

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_tavor

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_vetcor

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_zafir

Launchers:

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_nlaw

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_rpg

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_titan

Vehicle weapons:

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_30mm_Autocannon

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_30mm_Cannon

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_35mm_Autocannon

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_40mm_Autocannon

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_120mm_Cannon

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_155mm_AMOS

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_230mm_Titan

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_autocannon

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_DAR

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_ gmg20

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_gmg40

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_hmg_127

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_lmg_rcws

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_m134

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_Skalpel_ATGM

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_Skyfire

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_Vehicle_Titan

JSRS 1.5 Sounds:

Handguns:

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_1911

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_Ak47

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_Ak74

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_BigSniper

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_DMR

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_Fal

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_L85

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_G36

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_Glock

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_M4

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_M9

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_M14

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_M16

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_M24

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_M240

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_M249

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_MP

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_PK

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_PM

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_RPG

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_RPK

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_Scar

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_Shotgun

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_Stinger

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_SVD

Launchers:

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_Javelin

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_Launcher

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_LAW

Vehicle Weapons:

jsrs_soundeffect = "JSRS2_Distance_Effects_M2, DSHK

Now you are able to let the player choose, either you give them full JSRS2.0 support by adding the jsrs_soundeffect =" entry in your config or you dont. I would suggest to provide both ways and let the player decide. But always give a non-JSRS config into your mod as well as some don't use this mod and though they couldn't use yours!

Whats VERY important, as you can see in the config above, you have to change your distance values in your configs to 130meters ( begin1[] = {"JSRS2_ACPC\Pistol_s1", 1, 1, 130}; ) Otherwise you have overlapping sounds!

LJ

Edited by LordJarhead

So this means weapon modders might be able to use their own sound effects but use your excellent system of distant sounds? If so, that's pretty exciting.

(PS I think there may be a typo in the line "begin3" where the path looks like it starts with a random extra J...)

So this means weapon modders might be able to use their own sound effects but use your excellent system of distant sounds? If so, that's pretty exciting.

(PS I think there may be a typo in the line "begin3" where the path looks like it starts with a random extra J...)

Yap, thats what it means, and thanks for the hint :)

LJ

Yap, thats what it means, and thanks for the hint :)

LJ

That's really brilliant, thanks. I hope many make use of this.

Might be a good idea to set a 'default' distance sound so mods that don't have their own configs setup will still benefit. Easiest way would probably to just set it in Rifle_Base_F as most will inherit somewhere from that.

I've managed to get the JSRS distance effects working but I noticed the distance effects still play on a silenced weapon.

How do I get the JSRS silenced weapon effects working?

Submitted some code to support third party suppressors and some config fixes via tracker (FS#24).

Thanks!

Submitted some code to support third party suppressors and some config fixes via tracker (FS#24).

Thanks!

Hi Robalo,

Where can I find the code for this?