LordJarhead

J.S.R.S. 2.2 Soundmod

For some reason in my expansion list I have JSRS twice and one of them is the Arma 3 expansion.Anyone else have this?
No never had that except as I had multiple jsrs folger. Or maybe you are having a folder in a folder. maybe you check the JSRS folder and look if there are any pbo's been placed NOT in the addons folder where they all belong. or you maybe have an extra folder in the addons folder wich would also be wrong. all pbo files belong into JSRS/Addons ;)

LJ

Edited by LordJarhead

you could accidently extract jsrs to any folder in arma 3, and second time to the right place. Arma sees now addons inside multiple folders.

it's a shame more servers don't allow this. most of them just kick me right off :(

Can't do much about that. Please contact the server admins in this case and ask for reasons they dont allow it.

LJ

Hey LJ, probably this isn't related to your mod, but it seems to affect it, at least if this bug is not just for me.

It happens to me with or without your sound mod, I think that it's better to report it to you, maybe you know something more:

Hello guys, can someone help me check this out?

Place down an AI MLRS in the editor and call it "artillery1", place down a marker name "arty1", and then put yourself near the MRLS and use this code:

artillery1 doArtilleryFire [getmarkerpos "arty1", "12Rnd_230mm_rockets", 2];

It's just me or the sound of the missile firing is missing?

Inviato dal mio GT-I9300 utilizzando Tapatalk

Hey LJ, probably this isn't related to your mod, but it seems to affect it, at least if this bug is not just for me.

It happens to me with or without your sound mod, I think that it's better to report it to you, maybe you know something more:

You hear it without JSRS loaded?

LJ

You hear it without JSRS loaded?

LJ

Nope, the sound is missing for me even without that.

Then it seems to be an ArmA problem itself and can't be caused or fixed by JSRS. It might be another firing mode that the AI is using to respond to your entered code, so instead of using the normal firing class that has given sound entries, it might use another one that does not has a superclass with given sound entries. Weird? Might! :)

LJ

Then it seems to be an ArmA problem itself and can't be caused or fixed by JSRS. It might be another firing mode that the AI is using to respond to your entered code, so instead of using the normal firing class that has given sound entries, it might use another one that does not has a superclass with given sound entries. Weird? Might! :)

LJ

Yeah, it was just to let you know, anyway yes, weird, but it's Arma after all! :P

We have put up a new, nice and clean website for the studios. Come around in some time and have a look. We will fill the site with more informations in a bit!

JSRS-Studios

Thank you :)

LJ

Not sure if this has been reported, or if anyone can confirm...

It seems there is no 3rd person sound to the Mk200 LMG if used with a suppressor. In 1st person you hear it fine, just nothing in 3rd. You can hear the snap of the rounds if you traverse the view to the front, but that about it.

Ideas for the next version: Armored vehicle external sounds need to be louder, sound ranges need to be extended. Honestly they were better in JSRS 1.5 when it comes to that. Vehicle sounds need to be richer in the low frequency area.

Please add some good sounds for thunder. The Vanilla ones are really really bad.

Just got round to useing this for the first time in Arma3, sounds great! Thanks for the work you've done!

Edited by Big_Wilk

Ideas for the next version: Armored vehicle external sounds need to be louder, sound ranges need to be extended. Honestly they were better in JSRS 1.5 when it comes to that. Vehicle sounds need to be richer in the low frequency area.

Please add some good sounds for thunder. The Vanilla ones are really really bad.

Agreed. In fact i'd add that even the helis are too quiet. Everything else though is perfect.

Hey there, I've been having a slight audio issue recently and would just like to see if anyone else using the mod is suffering from it or whether it's just a performance hiccup. Whilst in vehicles -most noticeably the Littlebird variants-I get pause in the audio a few milliseconds long, the kind you hear when an audio track gets to the end and resets again. Whilst it's short, it's rather glaringly obvious and takes away from the impact of the improved audio that the mod brings. If nobody else can report a similar experience, I'll assume it's performance-related, but it seems happen even when the game is running above 30fps.

Regardless, if I've not said it somewhere in this thread before now, I love the mod LordJarhead. No other mod beats that pants-shitting terror of the first few cracks of an engagement with JSRS 2.0 active! :o

Edited by Marcai

My friend's comment the other day: "It really feels like you're actually pinned down behind a wall too scared to look up" - good work!

I am suprised noone has mention the jet sounds being bugged.

Even if the camera is behind the jet and you are flying it it loops the fly by sounds over and over again. Kinda kills immersion.

And if you are on the ground it also loops in a strange way. Not a huge deal as there is only 1 jet but still hope it will be fixed.

the jets sounds are looped in a very obvious fashion i agree that its kinda awkward.

LJ, i just had a quick question about stance changes sounds. I remember back in alpha and beta days that there was a sound played when you changed stances. any plans on adding that to your mod? it just seems kinda dry (if that makes sense) when i change pos and no movement sounds.. Anyway that is all i can think of to ask right now.. Other then that as usual this is the best sound mod out their.. Thanks again for your work..

Any changes/additions JSRS Studios does in the future will be some time still. LJ was picked up by Arcus Interactive (finally, a game studio with some sense!) for their project "Project: Redfield". Between that, my pestering him to no end with our Project ASTFOR and stuff, it'll be awhile before we take in any suggestions and such. In a way, I'm quite happy, as it's nice to see a studio that was actually wise enough to acknowledge the talent and embrace someone enough to listen to. Unlike a certain one that seems to let the community go in one ear and out the other most of the time and do their own thing with development that makes you wonder what the hell are they smoking when some of these decisions are put in in-game.

So just sit tight and we'll tackle some of these things when able to in the near future. :)

Congratulations LJ, the bigger things start always from the little ones, best luck!!

I'm playing the second episode of the campaign with your mod, and it gives something more to the game!

As soon as I can get some time for this mod again I'll do all necessary updates and will advance it as well. As John did not stated, Arcus Interactive did not applied any deadline to my work, so I'm literally on my own with their sounds and can take some time off some day to spent it for JSRS ;)

LJ

As soon as I can get some time for this mod again I'll do all necessary updates and will advance it as well. As John did not stated, Arcus Interactive did not applied any deadline to my work, so I'm literally on my own with their sounds and can take some time off some day to spent it for JSRS ;)

LJ

cool news mate, good luck!

Edited by NeuroFunker