LordJarhead

J.S.R.S. 2.2 Soundmod

What does this mod require?

- A strong machine, its heavy scripted!

I'd bet it would be a big task to make a lite version. I wish I was more advanced in coding. I'd through my hat in to help. :/ Still even with the Frame rate drop totally awesome mods!!!

I'd bet it would be a big task to make a lite version. I wish I was more advanced in coding. I'd through my hat in to help. :/ Still even with the Frame rate drop totally awesome mods!!!

Any other mods you are running? Even the smallest ones that use scripts could cause an heavy issue like that. Because on my end I'm not running into that heavy FPS hits tbh.

LJ

Hey LJ, just wanted to thank you for this great mod :)

Hehe, you are very welcome! Thank you too :)

LJ

Mostly AISS. My pc is getting old ;) I was reading others saying there FPS drop too. Its not a biggy. I still use JSRS. You are the king of Arma sound LORDJarhead is a fitting name ;)

Mostly AISS. My pc is getting old ;) I was reading others saying there FPS drop too. Its not a biggy. I still use JSRS. You are the king of Arma sound LORDJarhead is a fitting name ;)

Heh, well, thanks then. :)

It might depend on missions and their scripts (If exist) as well. I've once ran a mission with a (I think) TPW AI suppression script or something like that, can't remember really, was way back in the JSRS2 Alpha days, and it caused some trouble as well. We might get the script even enhanced more, clean it up and get the best results in the further development, same we had with JSRS - Further Advanced to JSRS1.5 in ArmA2. So as usually the next version will be better in terms of quality and performance :)

LJ

Heh, well, thanks then.

It might depend on missions and their scripts (If exist) as well. I've once ran a mission with a (I think) TPW AI suppression script or something like that, can't remember really, was way back in the JSRS2 Alpha days, and it caused some trouble as well. We might get the script even enhanced more, clean it up and get the best results in the further development, same we had with JSRS - Further Advanced to JSRS1.5 in ArmA2. So as usually the next version will be better in terms of quality and performance

LJ

Yep I understand that. Every time I learn something new. I rewrite AISS. Its gotten better on performance. But wow at the bugs I have to squash when I do. lol This stuff can take a lottttt of time. lol You are king of sound and your team is the shining nights of Arma. lol Sheesh I'm getting way to cheesy this morning. Thanks LJ

PS quick someone bring a needle for LJ and a wash clothe for my nose. ;) lol :) j/k

so I literally played 8 hours straight - couldnt stop - my head hurts my eyes burn but I feel awesome. My God is this awesome? its is!! its bringing arma to a complete new level of fidelity. Its awesome, i dunno what to say!

examples

Edited by tremanarch

Hello this is my feedback about the soundmod, hope some one can help me confirm of clarify if I'm doing something wrong:

I don't know about you guys but Jsrs v2.0 doesn't give me the right distance perception. I mean when a shot is fired in close/mid range I'm simply not able to understand the correct distance of that shot.. same happens to vehicles. I simple can't understand tell and know the vehicle's distance if they are close or far. :(

Does this also happens to you guys or is it just me?

Here is some feedback from me:

Marshall sounds way to harsch when turned out. Too much high pitched whine. It hurts my ears. I'm using Xonar Esscence STX and HD650 headphones.

Otherwise it is an awsome mod. Install package could be easier to use. Please post a full package so new users don't have to go through all the updates. Thanks :)

Just real short off topic:

I wish you guys all the best for the next year! Thanks for this great year 2013 and I hope we'll end up having the same great sh*t 2014 :) THANKS ALOT!

LJ

Happy New Year, LJH! Here's to the year of incredible gaming that awaits us, due in no small part to your work here.

Hello this is my feedback about the soundmod, hope some one can help me confirm of clarify if I'm doing something wrong:

I don't know about you guys but Jsrs v2.0 doesn't give me the right distance perception. I mean when a shot is fired in close/mid range I'm simply not able to understand the correct distance of that shot.. same happens to vehicles. I simple can't understand tell and know the vehicle's distance if they are close or far. :(

Does this also happens to you guys or is it just me?

For me it works out good. I can tell how far a shooter is away from me but I think its a matter of how you got used to the new.sounds. Its a matter of how long you play and it'll get better in time I think. For me its easy as said but that might be because Ive made those sounds heh.

Here is some feedback from me:

Marshall sounds way to harsch when turned out. Too much high pitched whine. It hurts my ears. I'm using Xonar Esscence STX and HD650 headphones.

Otherwise it is an awsome mod. Install package could be easier to use. Please post a full package so new users don't have to go through all the updates. Thanks :)

Well there is just one small update yet, I think people can figure that out, plus there are install instructions too. With later versions of JSRS we will have to do bigger packs anyways but currently we are aiming for trouble shooting and bug fixes. Though I got to admit thete are not that many heavy issues as I first expected.

Due to some personal issues (got to get a new job after february :( ) I'm not that sure how soon I can start working on this again. As all my time goes into RL currently. So please stay tuned :) Thanks alot.

LJ

Well there is just one small update yet, I think people can figure that out, plus there are install instructions too.

Yea, I downloaded all of these the first time:

http://dl.jsrs-studios.com/dlindex.php?dir=1.+JSRS-Studios+Downloads%2FJSRS2.0%2FAlpha+Phase%2F

When I looked at armaholic after writing my comment, I saw there are just two packages. I'm okay with that :)

Good luck with the new job!

Hi all,

for some reason I can't get JSRS to work, it was before, I can see the JSRS logo in the title screen but its greyed out and only just visible when I get in game it's still the default sounds I've re installed several time but still the same anyone help please as when this was working it's a game changer thanks.

Make sure you are using the correct commandline (-mod=@CBA;@Jsrs) , have @CBA and @JSRS installed correctly in the Arma3 root directory and it will work.

Make sure you are using the correct commandline (-mod=@CBA;@Jsrs) , have @CBA and @JSRS installed correctly in the Arma3 root directory and it will work.

Yup all there

It needs to be "-@JSRS2.0" not just "-@JSRS"...

Just transferred over the cba and JSRS mod from my laptop and it works now, don't know if the download links are correct or if it's my computer but when I compared the files side by side on set had a lot less data in the folders.

Just transferred over the cba and JSRS mod from my laptop and it works now, don't know if the download links are correct or if it's my computer but when I compared the files side by side on set had a lot less data in the folders.

Oh thats weird. Well glad you sorted it out! :)

LJ

aww, shame on you real life, you take away our all time fav modders :P

Heh, life's a beAch :) When I get everything sorted I'll return as usually. Currently I only have time for little posts and look ups around here :)

LJ

For some reason in my expansion list I have JSRS twice and one of them is the Arma 3 expansion.

Anyone else have this?