LordJarhead

J.S.R.S. 2.2 Soundmod

Merry Christmas to everyone...

i have to say awesome job....but 95%of servers say NOO....any solution???

i put the key on key´s carpet.

thx

I guess waiting for them to allow JSRS is the only solution :/

Thanks very much for this, loved JSRS on ARMA2. I am not too sure if this is a bug or not but all of my sounds are really muffled?? I'm on 128 samples in the settings and using 7.1 Surround sound headphones. I notice it the most with running and when people talk in SP. It sounds like im underwater or have earplugs in or something???

Thanks very much for this, loved JSRS on ARMA2. I am not too sure if this is a bug or not but all of my sounds are really muffled?? I'm on 128 samples in the settings and using 7.1 Surround sound headphones. I notice it the most with running and when people talk in SP. It sounds like im underwater or have earplugs in or something???

Are you using any other mods? Try it with CBA and JSRS only.

very nice mod, i hate it that so less servers at now allow it.

but one think i miss or would be nice to hear various nicer explosion sounds :D

Meanwhile, LJ, do you plan to change the minigun sound at all? Pages back I made note of it and it got buried. Same issue with the Blastcore post about it I made.

Don't worry, I saw it and funny enough share the same view lately. Especially since re-downloading A2's version of JSRS and manning the mini on takistan (AiA). It's completely like night and day. It's one thing I would be placing before Dennis at some point in the far future if he tackles sounds. But right now, he deserves a nice long and relaxing vacation. Plus our concern right now is more on functionality and squashing major bugs. But don't worry, the people who count saw it and it is duly noted.

Are you using any other mods? Try it with CBA and JSRS only.

Only using CBA and JSRS, i have figured it out though. I switched my playback device settings back to stereo and it works fine. It doesn't like 7.1 :( anyone know how to fix this

---------- Post added at 11:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 PM ----------

Ok sorry my bad i think its an ARMA 3 issue not JSRS as it is doing the same with SOS mod too.

Only using CBA and JSRS, i have figured it out though. I switched my playback device settings back to stereo and it works fine. It doesn't like 7.1 :( anyone know how to fix this

---------- Post added at 11:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 PM ----------

Ok sorry my bad i think its an ARMA 3 issue not JSRS as it is doing the same with SOS mod too.

I have a 7.1 Headset (Razor Tiamats) and it functions fine. What Headphones you using? It could be your headphones are not 7.1, or audio devices does not support 7.1, or the bit rate might be to high for the headphones??? Just a few thoughts off the top of my head.

I have error regarding including JSRS2_Distance\\scripts\init.sqf at mission start in case of PWS 1.1 version. It contains 314 pbos. But version from site have 316 pbos. If I add 2 from site version - everying work as expected.

Just noticed that you can now hear the firefight in the main menu with Stratis loaded :) the firefight lasts even longer with FFIS :cool:

Me too, just to post how awesome this is.

Thanks for your hard work!!

BTW, I'm using Ttesports headphones by Thermaltake. Cost my HK$600. That's getting close to US$100!

How about you people? What are you using?

Using Sennheiser HD590s here. Sounds great other than the weird ArmA 3 directional sound issues.

Edifier 5.1 Studio System, Beyerdynamic MX-300 Premium and Draco HS 850 (cheap for GL, music and/or TV :P).

LJ

I try joining servers and it keeps kicking me from servers, only when I have JSRS enabled? anyone else have problem???

It may be because the server does not accept the mod IE does not have the Bi key on the server foles. you can either speak to the server owner or just not use it full stop.

Love this mod its awsome

Thats not the issue. I have a friend running CBA and JSRS and he got in fine. Server shows up green in the list as well. Whenever I connect though it saying "Player kicked" thats it. I disable JSRS and CBA works fine.

Nice sound mod but still way from realistic, i mean the distance sounds are great, but when you are shooting the sounds aint that realistic. But its still better than the vanilla sound :P

This is how the MX?!?!? guns should sound like since they are based on ACR

you need extreme expensive audio recording equipment (micro) to get authentic results. On most youtube videos you hear 90% distortion and only the reverbs of the shots/explosions aren´t distorted. Its like "pit *cut* tchhhhh" :o

Edited by JumpingHubert

Sounds and "realism" are widely subjective. What you may think is far from realistic sounding another person or persons may think otherwise. Most of the community knows that LJ keeps realism in mind but also gives his interpretation and what fits within ArmA. There are other sound mods out there, like the excellent SOS mod, etc. Feel free to explore and experience. We might look into optional sounds in the far future, but right now we really aren't concerned with personal tastes, as there are more important things that need looking into. Thanks.

-John

JSRS Studios Team

Damn my gaming PC being on repairs right now. Went through the whole thread, can't wait to put this on. I can finally get back playing ArmA 3!

Yay!

Nice sound mod but still way from realistic, i mean the distance sounds are great, but when you are shooting the sounds aint that realistic. But its still better than the vanilla sound :P

This is how the MX?!?!? guns should sound like since they are based on ACR

What you hear on YouTube using footage captured by some guy's iPhone is hardly representative of what a given firearm actually sounds like. In fact, often it's not even close.

What you hear on YouTube using footage captured by some guy's iPhone is hardly representative of what a given firearm actually sounds like. In fact, often it's not even close.

^Pretty much this

Stuff may sound very very different from the real deal depending on the hardware used for recording.

Personally I don't even care so much that it sounds ultra-*realistic* as long as it sounds *good*. Like, gunshots have a good THUMP of power behind them, explosions sound powerful, everything sounds balanced, etc.