LordJarhead

J.S.R.S. 2.2 Soundmod

I didn't want to play the campaign until both JSRS and Blastcore came out. It's working great for me so far. Congrats on the release.

I didn't want to play the campaign until both JSRS and Blastcore came out. It's working great for me so far. Congrats on the release.

Well, have fun playing then: Both are released :)

To those locational issues we have. We know about that problem and it is not related to stereo, 5.1 or 7.1! Its an script issue caused by either a wrong entry (say3D) or by a change BIS did to how the engine produce those create_vehiclelocal points. We might end up fixing these things but surely I can't promise that right now!

Thank you.

LJ

LJ.

It sounds like you made the miniguns more quiet/muted. I think it's a bug in all honesty, but I may be wrong. Please spent some time with the miniguns, you can do so much better than BI did with them, and I was sad to see that the sound only got worst.

Long live the miniguns.

UPDATE:

I fixed my problem by re-downloading the 2.0 (adding the update). I was able to join our server with no issues. We will test tonight during our custom operation! You are all welcome to join in--co-op mission on Altis. Small-unit stealth tactics during a night op with amphib assault on an airfield! Max 40 players in case you are all coming LOL.

We meet at 8PM US Central time (GMT -6). Teamspeak ts.24thmeu.us:11630 pw 24th.

In the mean time, our 24th Altis Domination is running JSRS!

Check it out by filtering 24th.

maximumvmo

http://www.24thmeu.us/

Thanks again LordJarhead!

First off great mod , really liking it, makes fire fights sound epic

Is there a list of known issues that people can look at (so that same error reports do not keep getting made)?

JSRS 2.0 is mostly a working basis for 2.5 later on. Though I'm not started on working on it, plus I not really put myself in any kinda development for it. Let just this version work out for now :)

LJ

Found these errors in RPT file (playing multiplayer)

Cannot load sound 'jsrs2_nlaw\nlaw_reload.wss'

Cannot load sound 'jsrs2_trg20\trg20_dry.wss'

Cannot load sound 'jsrs2_trg20\trg20_reload.wss'

Cannot load sound 'jsrs2_mx\mx_dry.wss'

Cannot load sound 'jsrs2_mx\mx_reload.wss'

Cannot load sound 'jsrs2_fs2000\fs2000_dry.wss'

Cannot load sound 'jsrs2_fs2000\fs2000_reload.wss'

Cannot load sound 'jsrs2_silencers\shot_b_1.wss'

Edited by shadowze

Well, yesterday I started mixing JSRS 2.0 with Speed of Sound. This two jewels makes a goooood job together, they seems to be friends until now :)

Wow man this mod is just viscous. It adds so much immersion to the game it's incredible. I'm a little scared to play the game in first person now, probably gonna have nightmares.

BIS should create a counseling section for all people that get affected by the game(all the great mods) :)

Has anyone mentioned that the Slammer MBT machine gun is a little quiet at anything > close range ?

Has anyone mentioned that the Slammer MBT machine gun is a little quiet at anything > close range ?

There's definitely something wrong with certain vehicles at different ranges. I just haven't been able to isolate the issue to identify it.

For example, I can be standing next to a Marshall, and barely hear its main gun, meanwhile its mg is blaring in my ear.

Yeah, the Coax MGs have some problems, LJ already knows about this.

Every time I make a mission while running JSRS it forces in the jsrs2_afv4_gorgon and _ms3_marid into the required mods of the mission.sqm. Every time I make a mission, I have to start the game without the mod, and then restart it with JSRS to play with it. Very annoying.

LJ, are you aware of this issue? I'm not placing anything specific to those two on the map either.

so many thanks are in order for the huge immersion level this adds to the game. Great job man.

@SpectreRSG If you go into Mission SQM in notepad you can delete JSRS addons you no longer use. Usually works great when I switch from JSRS to another sound mod I may be testing. ;) hope this helps.

exmple:

version=12;
class Mission
{
addOns[]=
{
	"A3_Characters_F_Civil",
	"A3_Characters_F_OPFOR",
	"a3_characters_f_beta",
	"A3_Modules_F_Multiplayer",
	"A3_Armor_F_Marid",
	"A3_Armor_F_T100K",
	"A3_Static_F_Mortar_01",
	"A3_Armor_F_AMV",
	"A3_Characters_F_BLUFOR",
	"A3_Armor_F_Slammer",
	"A3_Armor_F_Panther",
	"a3_map_altis",
	[color="#FF0000"]"jsrs2_mse3_marid",  <---------delete this line[/color]
	[color="#FF0000"]"jsrs2_amv7_marshal",  <---------delete this line[/color]
	"A3_Air_F_Beta_Heli_Attack_01"
};
addOnsAuto[]=
{
	"A3_Characters_F_Civil",
	"A3_Characters_F_OPFOR",
	"a3_characters_f_beta",
	"A3_Modules_F_Multiplayer",
	"A3_Armor_F_Marid",
	[color="#FF0000"]"jsrs2_mse3_marid",  <---------delete this line[/color]
	"A3_Armor_F_T100K",
	"A3_Static_F_Mortar_01",
	"A3_Armor_F_AMV",
	[color="#FF0000"]"jsrs2_amv7_marshal",   <---------delete this line[/color]
	"A3_Characters_F_BLUFOR",
	"A3_Armor_F_Slammer",
	"A3_Armor_F_Panther",
	"A3_Air_F_Beta_Heli_Attack_01",
	"a3_map_altis"
};

Edited by Mikey74

Yes I'm aware of those issues, though I will try to enjoy xmas for a bit now. I will get on fixing the mentioned issues sorta this week if I find the time :-)

Everyone: I wish you a merry merry christmas and a really great time! I hope your wishes will come true and that you can really enjoy this time. Thank you for the great feedback and motivation you guys give me, thats the gift I got already and I'm enjoying that :-)

LJ

Yes I'm aware of those issues, though I will try to enjoy xmas for a bit now. I will get on fixing the mentioned issues sorta this week if I find the time :-)

Everyone: I wish you a merry merry christmas and a really great time! I hope your wishes will come true and that you can really enjoy this time. Thank you for the great feedback and motivation you guys give me, thats the gift I got already and I'm enjoying that :-)

LJ

Merry christmas to you too Lj and thank you again for your work, best modder out there, because of your mod and because of you as a person.

Inviato dal mio GT-I9300 utilizzando Tapatalk

Thanks Mikey, I'm aware of that already - I've done that to numerous missions. Its... just a tad annoying. Thanks for the acknowledgement, LJ. Merry christmas to you too.

Meanwhile, LJ, do you plan to change the minigun sound at all? Pages back I made note of it and it got buried. Same issue with the Blastcore post about it I made.

Merry Christmas to you too, LJ! Great addon...sucks that BIS is holding you back in regards to the directional sound stuff *cough cough*. ;)

Hey LJ Merry Christmas to you too. You do great work. :) Always love your work!!! Merry Christmas to everyone else in here. :)

Merry Christmas to everyone...

i have to say awesome job....but 95%of servers say NOO....any solution???

i put the key on key´s carpet.

thx